• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2011
if its a level script, you need to put a setvar 0x7000 0x1 or up at the top, if its a trigger script, put a
checkflag 0x_
if 0x1 goto @end
setflag 0x_

and just put this anywhere in the script

@end
release
end

well assuming you just copied this from a tut and switched stuff around to match it to your idea, then Its something wrong inside the game.

but if you made it yourself I don't see anyhting wrong with it

i used a Tut to make it but i didn't C/P it. maybe i put it in wrong... thanks FK.

((i just realized 97 is hex for Mew , 17C is Zangoose, but that can't be the problem, cause i can't even get the pokemon. I got it to give me the pokemon , but i called it "???????????" Mehw put ????????? in the items slot of his bag. (nothings there, not that I expected anything to be there >.>)

canI get help here or what?,you think that I'm just taking scripts and wants that you will do them for me?,it's WRONG! I've tried to do that script alone and it came sucked!so yes I'm a nobb what can I do?not everyone here are smart like the spanish hackers -____- I just want help with those 2 stupid scripts in order to continue my hack that's all!

sorry for double post , but first off, those have to be equal to not 'not equal to'

just a regular = sign. also... fanfare isn't special music O_o

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2009
I'm not sure if my question goes here, but I want to change the location where the player starts in my FR hack, normally it is the room in Pallet, but like I said, I'd like to change that, is the only way to do so, to change that map, of could I place the player character somewhere else?

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
OK here's the script
Spoiler:

ignore the things he says,anyway can someone help me eith inserting a command that will make the person dissaper after he talks?,I tried that and it ruined the script -____-

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
I need help with something considerably small. In Pokemon Ruby, I made my own script where you get Pokemon, which is totally different than the standard "Save Prof. Birch" event. The script is fine, but there is a problem, actually. I'm sure you've all noticed that when you start the game the first option in the start menu is "Bag". However, after you receive your Pokemon, the "Pokemon" menu is added. How would I do that.

Also: If anyone knows how to do the same for the Pokedex and the Running shoes, that would be appreciated.

sasquatchd00d

welcoming a clean head.
Years
I need help with something considerably small. In Pokemon Ruby, I made my own script where you get Pokemon, which is totally different than the standard "Save Prof. Birch" event. The script is fine, but there is a problem, actually. I'm sure you've all noticed that when you start the game the first option in the start menu is "Bag". However, after you receive your Pokemon, the "Pokemon" menu is added. How would I do that.

Also: If anyone knows how to do the same for the Pokedex and the Running shoes, that would be appreciated.

In your script, you have to add a setflag command.

Such as:

setflag 0x800

This would activate the pokémon menu.

Here is a list of flags for Pokémon Ruby.
Credit to Diegoisawesome's xse tutorial.

0x800 - Activates Pokemon Menu
0x801 - Activates Pokedex Menu
0x802 - Activates Pokenav Menu
0x807 - Activates First Badge
0x808 - Activates Second Badge
0x809 - Activates Third Badge
0x80A - Activates Fourth Badge
0x80B - Activates Fifth Badge
0x80C - Activates Sixth Badge
0x80D - Activates Seventh Badge
0x80E - Activates Eighth Badge
0x860 - Activates Running Shoes

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2021
i cant make a single signpost script that works. in theory it should. i placed it over the right place, i set everything right, i even open it on XSE before playing the game but i press A and nothing happens. here's what i wrote (got this from another website's tutorial)

#dynamic 0x00000CC

#org @something
message @welcome 0x6
end

#org @welcome
= Welcome to Sabrina Town! Just when you thought \nthings couldn't get weirder.

i accidentally posted this on the wrong topic o_o

Years
i cant make a single signpost script that works. in theory it should. i placed it over the right place, i set everything right, i even open it on XSE before playing the game but i press A and nothing happens. here's what i wrote (got this from another website's tutorial)

#dynamic 0x00000CC

#org @something
message @welcome 0x6
end

#org @welcome

Try using 0x3 instead of 0x6, because actually 0x3 is used for signposts, to begin with.

monkeyman2092

Aipom Awesome!!
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2009

#dynamic 0x00000CC

#org @something
message @welcome 0x6
end

#org @welcome

A good idea is first to change it to static mode. Then here is a good revised script for it:

'------------------------
#org 0x(script offset here)
msgbox 0x8(6-digits here)
callstd 0x3
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x(6-digits here)
= Welcome to Sabrina Town! Just when you thought/n things couldn't get weirder.

Years
OK,I have a problem with a script.Whenever I modify it so you can get certain Pokemon,but when you try to get get another it says what happens AFTER you get the Pokemon.What's wrong?

Game:Emerald
Type:givepokemon

Scripts:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
Don't forget to read the guide that comes with XSE. Also, check the std.rbh file, because it contains all the main flags used by the games.

I didn't know that, but now I do!! Thanks!

Does anyone know where I can download a file that has the codes for all the music/sound codes for Ruby/Sapphire. (I specifically need the code for the sound that plays when you receive an item, in this case, a Pokemon)

Last edited:

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
I didn't know that, but now I do!! Thanks!

Does anyone know where I can download a file that has the codes for all the music/sound codes for Ruby/Sapphire. (I specifically need the code for the sound that plays when you receive an item, in this case, a Pokemon)

I made a list... it isn't totally complete, but it has 207 different sounds on it. It DOES have the sounds... but it is all for Fire Red version.

The sound MIGHT be the same, but I doubt it...
In any case, the sound for it, I believe is;

fanfare 0x13E

Try that.

For all of you who need the list of sounds I have compiled, (I am sure HackMew has a more complete one, but this will have to do until a new XSE is released.)

Spoiler:

thechurchofcage

a.k.a. The Cancer Fairy
Years
  • Age 54
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Hey, can I have some help?
I'm a complete n00b at hacking! I was wondering what the scripts that actually define a Pokemon are? For instance, a script that basically is a Pokemon? I was hoping it would be possible to make about 107 new ones for Emerald to harbour 4th gen Pokemon.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Hey, can I have some help?
I'm a complete n00b at hacking! I was wondering what the scripts that actually define a Pokemon are? For instance, a script that basically is a Pokemon? I was hoping it would be possible to make about 107 new ones for Emerald to harbour 4th gen Pokemon.

The problem is not making NEW pokemon, the problem is having the pokedex read all of these new pokemon.
As of yet, only 24 new pokemon can be added to any pokemon game, without replacing old ones, and even still, the pokedex data for them is unreadable...

Thunderwolf1989

Ninetales fan! Ground trainer
Years
Hi,

I can't really seem to get my script working decently... It always works after having talked to the guy twice, but it has to work after the first time... 80F30D is the offset where it all starts.

What is it supposed to do:
1) you talk to the guy
2) he'll give you a starter
3) pokemon menu activates
4) trainerbattle vs. enemy fighting the guy you're talking to
5) the enemy runs away after having been defeated.
6) if you'd talk to the guy again he thanks you and says he doesn't need the pokemon back.

what's happening:
1) you talk to the guy
2) he'll give you a starter
3) pokemon menu activates
4) trainerbattle vs. enemy fighting the guy you're talking to
5) conversation ends, if you talk to him again then
6) the guy gives you another pokemon and the enemy runs away.
7) if you'd talk to the guy again he thanks you and says he doesn't need the pokemon back.

Current code (in spoiler):

Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back