• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Yet Another Fire Red Hack

daniilS

busy trying to do stuff not done yet
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 29, 2024
I also said in my deleted post that there are like 20 other hard difficulty patches for firered i only posted that because a user called Hinkage said that theres no originality in hacks anymore but he likes this hack which should be unoriginal if done thousands times before by same kind of hacks right? :)

Maybe there's a reason this hack is called "Yet Another Fire Red Hack"?

Gigabeat

Professionals and all.
Years
Hey, just wanted to say this is a great hack, and to drop some questions.

First off, seeing that you've removed Sevii Islands and the like, where have you moved breeding post game? Or is it not in this patch?

Second thing, if you apply the hard patch which disregards EVs and apply the normal patch again, do the EVs reset?

Also, if I try to open the sav file in A-Save, an error comes up: "Index is bound outside the array". Do you have any idea how to fix that, or is it incompatible? Thanks!

Last edited:

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Tiny Umbrella with Lots and Lots of Good
Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
Hey, just wanted to say this is a great hack, and to drop some questions.

First off, seeing that you've removed Sevii Islands and the like, where have you moved breeding post game? Or is it not in this patch?

Second thing, if you apply the hard patch which disregards EVs and apply the normal patch again, do the EVs reset?

Also, if I try to open the sav file in A-Save, an error comes up: "Index is bound outside the array". Do you have any idea how to fix that, or is it incompatible? Thanks!

Firstly, there's no breeding. There's a few other things I'd have to fix to get that to work- egg groups and egg moves are all over the place so you'd get silly things like Shift Gear Torchic (if Smeargle can still breed with it anyway).

Secondly, no if I'm reading that right- Hard doesn't suppress your EVs, it just prevents you from gaining any. A team moving from Hard to Normal will still have it rough as they don't have any EVs, but they'll start gaining them- likewise a team moving from Normal to Hard will have it easy at first since they've brought over EVs. That said, the difficulty patches were meant to be played from start to finish- if you play Hard using a fully EV'd team it kinda defeats the point.

I wouldn't apply the main patch to a rom with the hard patch, if that's what you're asking- that will get you a weird inconsistent fusion of Normal and Hard where you can't use most items but do gain EVs, except for when you arbitrarily don't because of data lining up with vanilla.

With regard to the third issue, I've never used A-Save so I have no idea. My best guess is that it doesn't like the new hold items- try getting rid of those on a backup save and see what it says.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 15, 2014
Yo where is Clefairy? Mount Moon has onix timburr and gligar only.

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Jan 30, 2017
there is no clefairies in this game don't even think you can find it

Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2022
Three things:
1. Actually im not sure what should i do after beating elite four for the first time. What is the progress then?
2. Keeping relatively low number of pokemons, making them all playable, adding all new moves, special/phisical etc is amazing. That are things that pretty much all hacks should have.
3. Id love if this was a little higher caped. Like going from 3-4 lvl higher at Brock up to about 10+ higher on second time elite four in not hard version.

Years
  • Age 84
  • Seen Jun 29, 2017
WOWOWOWOWOW, THIS HACK LOOKS AMAZING!!!

The rematch champion in this version is like unbeatable^^ My team consists of Golurk, Alakazam, Lucario, Weavile, Giratina(cuz of the level.I don't like legendaries in my team^^) and a Larvesta which i'm training with exp share.I reached champion once and defeated like 3 of his pokemon but it's too difficult^^

TBH using legendaries is kinda cheap so I avoid it. I used a Latios on my Liquid Crystal run but I shortly deposited it - I used it as a temp - when I found out I could catch Gengar in Lavender Town.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 8, 2014
Do you have a list of all the pokemon in this game? I just downloaded it and was curious as to what I could get

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
This looks like a good hack but, I can't play it on my android phone?

I downloaded it and when I went to play it on my emulator it said unrecognized gba file.

The Emulator I use is MyBoy. Can someone help me here? I would like to try this hack.

Years
  • Seen Oct 20, 2021
Is there any way to remove set mode and change pokemon in beta 6. Does shellder have both Icicle spear and skill link in this hack.

Years
  • Seen May 28, 2015
Uh.... Ive already beat the elite four, but i didnt found the macho brace. Anyone knows where i can find it?

Mcguinness3

AnimeFreak and Pokélover.
Years
  • Age 29
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
Uh.... Ive already beat the elite four, but i didnt found the macho brace. Anyone knows where i can find it?

There's a lady in Vermilion who usually gives your the VS Seeker, who instead gives you the Macho Brace.

Back