• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon XENOTIME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Pokémon XENOTIME Demo Out Now!
That's right, finally, after many delays, XENOTIME's first demo is finished and out!

I'll just keep it simple and post the link here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?36s0cukil0nnwnb

The demo is still a beta, this means that there will be errors. I, me2hack and Venom12 have done our best to get rid of any game killing ones, but there still may be some left. If you do find any errors outside of the battles, be sure to report them.

Enjoy!

Game killing error found!
error7f.png

When in the lab you must press enter on one of the five marked tiles or you will become trapped. This along with seven other errors will be fixed tommorow.

Last edited:

me2hack

Graphics Artist
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2011
I've done a lot to help, hope the game runs fine for everyone. Enjoy!

~JV~

Dev of Pokémon Uranium
Years
The game crashed when I was getting my first pokémon (chose cyndaquil, the GRASS pokémon; typo). I entered in a infinite loop of dialogue. It seemed pretty bad evented so far and quite rushed =/. I mean the professor doesn't even get to talk to me... I'll wait till you release something more "solid" to play it. Moving to Helio now.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
The game crashed when I was getting my first pokémon (chose cyndaquil, the GRASS pokémon; typo). I entered in a infinite loop of dialogue. It seemed pretty bad evented so far and quite rushed =/. I mean the professor doesn't even get to talk to me... I'll wait till you release something more "solid" to play it. Moving to Helio now.
Yeah, sorry about that. I've explained how to avoid the problem above.
I'm releasing a new version with the bugs fixed tommorow, so be sure to download that.
And I know some parts seem rushed, but if I hadn't released it everyone would have gone mad. Besides, it is a beta, so there are going to be errors like this.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Ok, I wanted to release this tommorrow, but I'm releasing it now. The next version of the beta, with most of the mentioned errors fixed.
Version 0.2: http://www.mediafire.com/?36s0cukil0nnwnb

Eight seperate errors have been fixed, including the Lab one.
Keep posting what errors you find!

@dudleyspud: As me2hack said, you should read the post before commenting. This is a beta, which means that you guys are the ones who test it and report errors, not complain when you find them as if a beta should be completely solid.

Last edited:

PatJamma

From the ashes
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 8, 2022
*sniff* the music is so beautiful! I've only just started and it's amazing! Love the game Peeky. Keep up the great work!

btw how far is this beta/demo?

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
Here's one. I exited the lab, Rich came up to me and we battled. I lost to him resulting in me whiting out and going to my room. I exited my house and the whole dialogue happened again but Rich was no where in sight. I guess you could fix this by having the character white out back into the lab by maybe adding a healing machine (if there already isn't one in there). This could save you from having to script him come up to the house.

Another thing, the placement of Rich has me only being able to see half of his head, and the rival Pokemon aren't fully on their designated patch of land.

The grass where the wild Pokemon's sprite has a white box with it. The Pokemon is also placed above the patch of grass.
(I can't post pictures due to me not having 15 posts, but I'll be screen capping them in case they're direly needed)

In the first route, there's a flower above the jumping ledge. I'm not sure if I'm not supposed to be able to walk on it, but I can't.

Talking to Oak at Larcoon(sp) City, civilization is spelled incorrectly. Also, his depature seems too abrupt. Instead of him saying "Bye." maybe he could say "I'll be seeing you around, good luck."

Where you talked with Oak, you can step out onto the water and walk around on it up and down.

As I walked into the Pokemon Center, I was automatically healed. I didn't speak to Nurse Joy at all and it went straight to "First we need to.."

I went into the house left of the PC with the Caterpie near it and I got stuck inside the doorway upon exiting. I can't go in out, or anywhere for that matter.

I stopped there due to me having to starting over, and Rich being really hard to beat.

I decided to give it another shot, and when I got to me following Oak, upon arrival, the screen went black and all I could see was text.

I'm not sure if I used any of the correct terminology, just guessed. Hope I helped :).

P.S - I'm in love with the music!

Last edited:

me2hack

Graphics Artist
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2011
The Pokemon sprite position in-battle have been edited in v0.2.

phosphate5

Random little kid
Years
Before I download... mediafire is virus-free, right? :P

EDIT: Yeah.
Also... that person seriously took all my money?
Also, is it possible to speed up the game and change the controls?
Also, I can't heal at the pokemon center :(
The game also crashes when I store pokemon in the PC. So basically, I can't heal. Yeah...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
The Pokemon sprite position in-battle have been edited in v0.2.

The one from the quote below? I downloaded that one and the sprites are still off.

Ok, I wanted to release this tommorrow, but I'm releasing it now. The next version of the beta, with most of the mentioned errors fixed.
Version 0.2: (I can't post links..)

Before I download... mediafire is virus-free, right? :P

I've never gotten a virus from it. It's really what you download is what you have to be careful about.

me2hack

Graphics Artist
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2011
Yea, it should be I edited the script tested it, and send it to Peeky.

Geeked

Pokemon Crimson Version
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 9, 2012
Sweet game so far Peeky Chew! I've found a bug though.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
This is a beta, which means that you guys are the ones who test it and report errors, not complain when you find them as if a beta should be completely solid.

100% agree. It's so true.
kids these days always think beta=demo.

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Alright Peeky, I used your v2 link in the second post, and went through several times to pick out everything I could. Reading others' posts, a few things have been mentioned, but I'll put up the whole lot anyway. I made screens where possible and compiled the notes in a txt file, all of which is included in the attached rar archive.

I hope you don't see it as being too harsh or anything. I was only being meticulous and as nit-picky as I could, for your and everyone else's benefit. Also note there's a few things I really like in there too. :D

Good luck in the future and with further releases.
Cheers, Jim.

pikarich

Pokemon Xenotime Founder
Years
Always remember to save after regular intervals. Also, Rich is not that hard to beat, I beat him with 7 HP remaining. Use Leer a lot and hope he uses Roar too many times. Rich is based off me so of course he's awesome :)
Keep the errors coming people.

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
So, just finished trying it out. I think it's really good, the graphics are really smooth.
The glitches I came across were mainly to do with the rival battle (who, I must say, is way too difficult for the first battle - especially with a move that can flinch).
SS.png

Most of these have been pointed out in previous posts I think but I thought I'd highlight them just incase. Also, when I whited-out and left the player's house, the rival battle started again but the rival was standing outside the Lab (if that makes sense).

But yeah, people need to realise it is a beta, demo, w/e you want to call it and glitches are to be expected. Really nice work though, graphics look really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back