• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon TRE: Team Rocket Edition

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2023
Hey!
Just downloaded this hack, and it was great...
Well...
So far..
Cuz I can't find CUT and I can't find out how to get to the top of the pokemon tower remake... :/

any help?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 5, 2016
I just started playing and so far I'm loving it. Just one question; I got my Ekans to level 22, so why won't he evolve?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
i didnt like

img

Cool. Thanks.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 23, 2019
Man I must be an idiot. I have every badge but the boulderbadge. It should be one of the first ones and I cant find the gym anywhere

Years
I got a chance to play this game a few days ago it was good though it's for experienced gamers.
I'll answer some of the concerns here.

I just started playing and so far I'm loving it. Just one question; I got my Ekans to level 22, so why won't he evolve?

for this game, all starters including Ekans evolve at level 30. keep raising Ekans until it reaches level 30 (not 22) and it will then evolve into Arbok.

Man I must be an idiot. I have every badge but the boulderbadge. It should be one of the first ones and I cant find the gym anywhere

see my spoiler for this one
Spoiler:

Years
I remember when I first played this, and honestly, I was surprised at the quality of it. Obviously no masterpiece, but definitely something worth playing for anyone looking for a bit of a nostalgia trip.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
I remember when I first played this, and honestly, I was surprised at the quality of it. Obviously no masterpiece, but definitely something worth playing for anyone looking for a bit of a nostalgia trip.
Totally agree with you.

The level grind is no joke, but in the other hand reaching a new area many times means updating your team, which is refreshing.

The region is charming, totally new way to play gen 1 games. The current bugs sre annoying, but don't impede gameplay by any means.

A little maze-like, with some backtracking, but on emulator with x3 times speed and the level difference when backtracking it is no problem.

Many of the popular pokemon are available early game, which is nice.
The wild spawns seem to have been well thought, but I totally hate some of them being a 1% encounter and not being available elsewhere, albeit this is only important for pokédex completion. Example: shellder, staryu and horsea only available as 1% encounters ON THE SAME CAVE, so you don't really even know which floor to look for them.

Super rod encounters could have used more work (if used at all). Also there's a bug (probably a typo) were you can fish a level 110 kadabra and level 110 slowpoke. Not sure if intentional, as gaining exp

Some trade and stone evos have been updated to level up, which is nice.

The game is challenging, so if you are up for a challenge I totally recommend it. If you are a casual and only want a playthrough, get some rare candy cheated in and enjoy the ride.

I did really enjoy this romhack, so I'll probably dump some data (encounter tables, learnsets etc).

I definitely recommend it as a gen 1 romhack.

Edit: reading the thread now, and this post really has useful information for anyone playing this game and wanting to complete the pokédex: https://www.pokecommunity.com/threads/pokemon-tre-team-rocket-edition.101051/post-3618239

Edit 2: just completed the dex by cheating in the other two starters and the other hitmon as those 5 are the only unobtainable pokémon in the game.

Game corner pokémon are a little glitched (level 0), but oh well.

I expected a little more text when completing the dex, but I'm not complaining.

Also, I haven't been able to find either any fossil or the place were you are supposed to revive them :/

In any case I assume the problem mentioned in the thread of the fossil not reviving is because the lab has been relocated from what was previously cinnabar island. Cinnabar island has a script that handles the fossil, so to revive it you need to go to the city that corresponda to cinnabar in this hack.

Also, haven't found the old amber either.

Last edited:
Back