• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Blacknight (v2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esai Two

Vista Status: Hates Me
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2008
So.. Back after two years, and so is my game.. well sort of.
Sadly the Game was deleted due to a concious choice of the computer (see: Hard Disk Failure) so all previous progress was lost forever.

I had the screenshots uploaded to a Photobucket gallery, predictably I lost the URL and the account is saved to an email that broke (I plan to fix it soon). If anyone managed to remember it or save anything about it. It would be greatly appreciated.

Anyway on to the game info itself!

This game is being made in RPG Maker XP

Story
You, a boy in Pallet Town, wake up on the day you will finally get your first Pokémon! However, going north into route 1 you notice a large section of the route being blocked off. It appears Team Rocket have gone global with their machine to strengten and evolve Pokémon (G/S/C - Lake of Rage). Apparently not only are these Pokémon dangerously strong but Pokéballs are ineffective - Even the Masterball failed to capture one! As you travel around Kanto capturing Pokémon you run into Team Rocket numerous times, eventually claiming a Rocket Pass and Rocket Balls which apparently can catch these "uncatchable Pokémon". Additionally the Grunts apparently are taking orders from Giovanni... but didn't he disband Team Rocket a few years ago? Is he really back?

After Finally Collecting all 8 Badges and becomming the League Champion, the Police Officer's in charge of tracking the Rocket's Plan contact you, apparently there plan not only went to Kanto, but they have begun attacking the other Pokémon Regions (And a new one). It is up to you which order you travel through them, and as you do, you manage to halt their Plans, find out about Giovanni, and of course champion a few more Pokémon Leagues.

Story not guaranteed Final

Features
- A Brand New Region and all the Old Regions
- Visit all the Old Regions from Generations I to IV.
- Generation III Style Pokémon Stats - IVs, EVs, Base Stats, Actual Formula
- Likewise Generation III Formula for Damage (Including the Random Effect, Effectiveness, Status Crippling, Accuracy and the Famous STAB)
- Generation IV Move Set (Including Physical/Special/Other Categorisation)
- One Personality Value determines Gender, Shiny, Nature, Unown Letter and Spinda Spots
- New Device the Pokémon PDA doesn't supplement but supplant's the traditional Menu.
- Each Region is in one giant map.
- More that I can't remember or havn't thought yet.

Screenshots
1 - A Shot of something that sadly won't be in the final game at the moment. a Mode 7 Pallet Town (Sadly Mode 7 won't work for complex things such as Caves)
2 - Route 27. This is the one route that stars in two maps (Johto and Kanto) though not fully complete. I am thankful Tohjo Falls is in a cave, which allows the Teleport between regions to work easily.
3 - New Bark Town Remade. I think it is a perfect replica.
4 - Route 29. A Close Replica to the real thing. A few changes (the gate house is 5 tiles wide not 4)
5 - Cherrygrove. (Sea not finished). Again changed the tree pattern a tiny bit as the Pokémon Center is 5 tiles wide not 4.

Years
The story is a bit bland. Try making a new team, and a new motif. Possibly something a bit more sinister, or some more comedic, because Team Rocket lacks on both areas. Now, adding in all the regions is going to be a bit tough. One thing you could do to make it a little better, is make about 5 total maps for Marts and Pokémon Centers, and have NPCs be activated by a switch that would occur in the warp. More efficient for the game, and for development! Now, the fact that every region will be one big map is a good idea in theory, but will greatly lag you game, due to the amount of events this map would require. I would suggest that you divide each region into a couple small maps. Now, your mapping is okay, but there are some little flaws and things that could be improved. For one, Route 27's mountain is overlapping trees. Try shortening the mountain's length by one tile. Second, in Route 29, try not to map the headbutt trees with those bushes, but rather with some of the bigger trees, unless you plan on making Headbutt a move like it was. You could also add some natural touches by adding flowers and making the grass patches more varied. New Bark Town could also use some natural touches as well, as with Cherrygrove. Cherrygrove is also missing the island in the sea, of which the border for it is a little messed up.

Now, don't get down because of my comments. Just try to take into consideration the points I have made. I am hear to help you, not offend you.

Esai Two

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2008
The story is a bit bland. Try making a new team, and a new motif. Possibly something a bit more sinister, or some more comedic, because Team Rocket lacks on both areas. Now, adding in all the regions is going to be a bit tough. One thing you could do to make it a little better, is make about 5 total maps for Marts and Pokémon Centers, and have NPCs be activated by a switch that would occur in the warp. More efficient for the game, and for development! Now, the fact that every region will be one big map is a good idea in theory, but will greatly lag you game, due to the amount of events this map would require. I would suggest that you divide each region into a couple small maps. Now, your mapping is okay, but there are some little flaws and things that could be improved. For one, Route 27's mountain is overlapping trees. Try shortening the mountain's length by one tile. Second, in Route 29, try not to map the headbutt trees with those bushes, but rather with some of the bigger trees, unless you plan on making Headbutt a move like it was. You could also add some natural touches by adding flowers and making the grass patches more varied. New Bark Town could also use some natural touches as well, as with Cherrygrove. Cherrygrove is also missing the island in the sea, of which the border for it is a little messed up.

Now, don't get down because of my comments. Just try to take into consideration the points I have made. I am hear to help you, not offend you.

Thanks for commenting.

I was semi-aware the story was far from perfect, I will keep working on it, unfortunately my story writing isn't very good.

Lag will be tackled with Anti-Lag script eliminating most lag (events off screen aren't handled, and due to the low number of events on screen at a time, this should sort out the problem). And RGSS preventing event overuse (i.e RGSS will be used for a trainer spotting you to save on the events, especially for trainers that turn). If lag is still a problem Ill analyse the region map again and see if there are safe places to split it up.

I have lowered the Tohjo fall's by one, didn't notice before, was busy making sure no black (no tile) was visible ;)

The reason that there is no foliage is I dont have the flower auto tile, though if I recall, there isnt much in the towns and the routes anyway. I will be randomising the grass as well.

I will be modifying those headbut tree's to look nicer soon.

The Cherrygrove sea issue I was aware of, I didnt do it yet. Also the edges won't look as screwy in the game itself (you won't see the edges).

Ugh I had to rewrite again, so I may have missed stuff I meant to say ;)

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Seems okay, though I wish you could implement the mode 7 in your game, it would make it more original. And if you need any help with writing the story I could help, all you need to do is ask. I like your mapping though, it really gives the feel of the originals. Anyway, don't give up I'm sure this project will turn out great, good luck.

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
Not bad, and I can help in making titlescreen.
Your mapping seems okay too.
Overall the game looks good.
Keep up with these good works!

Years
I like the idea of having team rocket again. no sence adding a load of work on somethign not really important ^_^

Actually, I like the idea because of the plot that goes with it, so dun worry about changing. Just stick with what you got for now.

Last edited:

Esai Two

Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2008
I like the idea of having team rocket again. no sence adding a load of work on somethign not really important ^_^

Actually, I like the idea because of the plot that goes with it, so dun worry about changing. Just stick with what you got for now.

I like Team Rocket too, mainly because the later villains were more drastic, actually (almost) suceeding in destorying the world. Team Rocket never seem to have done more than stealing Slowpoke back in Johto and annoying you in games ;)

Not bad, and I can help in making titlescreen.
Your mapping seems okay too.
Overall the game looks good.
Keep up with these good works!
Cheers, if you want to help make the titlescreen would be much appreciated.

Seems okay, though I wish you could implement the mode 7 in your game, it would make it more original. And if you need any help with writing the story I could help, all you need to do is ask. I like your mapping though, it really gives the feel of the originals. Anyway, don't give up I'm sure this project will turn out great, good luck.
I wish Mode 7 would work in game too, but things such as caves can't like right like you'd want them to, which is a pain, and a lot of tiles have to be moved into laggy events to make them appear right. If a Mode 7 script which is better is released I'll try it again to see if it will be possible.

Update
Although I can't proof this yet, some of the behind-the-scenes work is in place, there is now the Pokédex Data Structures (which holds type, abilities, base stats etc), The Pokémon Data Structures (IVs, EVs, Levels, Moves, Personality, etc). Not fully done but getting your Starter will be easily implemented (and already support shinyness so any demo should allow you to start with a shiny whatever :) )

Edit: If anyone would like to help with the game, especially anything graphical or creative (my weaknesses so to speak), send me a PM with a detailed and fair reason why you should. If you wish to Beta Test (although most releases aim to be public), I like the game won't pass as a reason :)

Last edited:

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
Why not have Giovanni come back, assembling a new team? Perhaps causing conflicts amongst old executives from the original Team Rocket trying to bring down Giovanni or something along those lines.
-falls over- Random thoughts.

It looks good, but I would suggest changing up the maps a bit. Perhaps the same Region, but with some different mapping, to keep the game something new to look at, besides from maps that look identicle to FR/LG.

Anyway, I definitely wish you good luck on your project. It seems to hold quite a bit of potential.

-Krimm

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
y r u remaking soulsilver and heartgold no1 is probly not even gonna play it heartgold and soulsilver is boring make a new region like most people r doin make fakemons and out sum kanto,jhoto,hoen,and sinto pokemon in there or make year u can go 2 all regions

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
y r u remaking soulsilver and heartgold no1 is probly not even gonna play it heartgold and soulsilver is boring make a new region like most people r doin make fakemons and out sum kanto,jhoto,hoen,and sinto pokemon in there or make year u can go 2 all regions
Maybe he's 'remaking them' because you just brought this post from the dead. This was two years ago. Before HG/SS were even announced.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 28, 2014

1: You clearly didn't look at when this thread was started, OR when the last post was made: 2008 :| HGSS wasn't even announced yet...

2: This comment is pretty abusive really. It's not constructive criticism, it's just rude. You basically said "This idea is terrible. What's wrong with you? Why are you making this? No one's going to play it anyway. Here, use MY ideas because MY ideas are SO much better than yours, because yours suck." You should really watch how you talk to people on things that you very likely wouldn't be able to do much better on. Where's YOUR game, since you have so many excellent, vague and non-descriptive ideas? Because, clearly, if you think you have the grounds to tell someone else that their idea sucks, you must have finished your own superchocolateyamazing game and have it hidden somewhere, just waiting to be revealed and praised, right?

3: Throw away your cell phone. You've apparently forgotten how to spell out words in regular english and started speaking in txting lingo instead.

4: Some people don't like the idea of Fakemon. If they don't want Fakemon in their game, they don't have to put them in just because you think they should "do what most people are doing." People who do things just because other people are doing it and not because it's something they actually want to do are called sheep.

5: *Johto, *Hoenn, *Sinnoh [Nowhere close on that one...]. Sorry, that was really bothering me.

6: The first post SAYS that you can go to ALL of the regions. It's the FIRST FEATURE LISTED. Now can you honestly tell me you bothered to read the first post before making this ridiculous post of your own, when the first feature on the list of features completely invalidates your main argument? I'd like to see you try, cuz it'd be pretty funny.

TL;DR: WTF is your problem, and why did you even go through the lengths to make that post and make yourself look ignorant, silly and ridiculous on 6 different levels? :|

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
1: You clearly didn't look at when this thread was started, OR when the last post was made: 2008 :| HGSS wasn't even announced yet...

2: This comment is pretty abusive really. It's not constructive criticism, it's just rude. You basically said "This idea is terrible. What's wrong with you? Why are you making this? No one's going to play it anyway. Here, use MY ideas because MY ideas are SO much better than yours, because yours suck." You should really watch how you talk to people on things that you very likely wouldn't be able to do much better on. Where's YOUR game, since you have so many excellent, vague and non-descriptive ideas? Because, clearly, if you think you have the grounds to tell someone else that their idea sucks, you must have finished your own superchocolateyamazing game and have it hidden somewhere, just waiting to be revealed and praised, right?

3: Throw away your cell phone. You've apparently forgotten how to spell out words in regular english and started speaking in txting lingo instead.

4: Some people don't like the idea of Fakemon. If they don't want Fakemon in their game, they don't have to put them in just because you think they should "do what most people are doing." People who do things just because other people are doing it and not because it's something they actually want to do are called sheep.

5: *Johto, *Hoenn, *Sinnoh [Nowhere close on that one...]. Sorry, that was really bothering me.

6: The first post SAYS that you can go to ALL of the regions. It's the FIRST FEATURE LISTED. Now can you honestly tell me you bothered to read the first post before making this ridiculous post of your own, when the first feature on the list of features completely invalidates your main argument? I'd like to see you try, cuz it'd be pretty funny.

TL;DR: WTF is your problem, and why did you even go through the lengths to make that post and make yourself look ignorant, silly and ridiculous on 6 different levels? :|
dam dude dont cry bout it dude but r u gonna change up it with diffrent stuff then heartgold and soulsilver cuz i would luv 2 play games that r duffrent not games that i alredy played

Lyzo

Back from vacation
Years
dam dude dont cry bout it dude but r u gonna change up it with diffrent stuff then heartgold and soulsilver cuz i would luv 2 play games that r duffrent not games that i alredy played

Someone ban this ignorant fool -.- Read what people post before you post, he clearly stated that this game was dead and that you shouldn't be talking about HG/SS because they weren't out then...
And please, I could barely even read what you meant, so type a bit better would you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back