• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POKéMON- synchronicity [T] (OOC/SU)

Starsprite

This is how we live!
Years
  • Age 26
  • TN
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
@fortworth92: Well it may be a long history, but it's also a good one so you are accepted.

Starsprite

This is how we live!
Years
  • Age 26
  • TN
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
@pokeman10000: Yes I can~ You are reserved.

Reservations last 5 days, just as a reminder.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Name: Rion Mazer, pronounced Leon
Date of Birth: July 7th
Hometown: Lacunosa Town, Unova
Reason for Entering: Repay a debt and to gain more confidence

Appearance:

The first thing you could think of with Elly is downtrodden. He looks depressed a lot of the time, mostly when he's not sad at all. His face is not particularly expressive regardless, a small line of indifference usually on his face most of the time. He has a small, fragile build, like a sixteen-year-old shrunk to the age of thirteen. It is almost as though his time had been frozen. Even with the logical idea that puberty could have just not struck him, he is sixteen and that is highly unlikely. His limbs are thin, almost that they could be snapped with a single rough grasp. There is no trace of baby fat, making him more angles and edges than anything else. Even his skin reflects depression and weakness, almost chalk-white.

His hair is black and after all this time, neatly combed. It runs around his head, covering his ears and curling at the edges of his face. One part of his hair is longer than the rest, covering his right eye. Or to be more accurate, his right eye socket and the long scar running down it. His remaining eye is a frosty blue, cold like the Giant Chasm. Around his neck lies a pendant with the yin-yang symbol, something he doesn't take off lightly.

His clothes are baggy on his person, even some of the smaller sized shirts nearly falling off if he isn't careful. His undershirt is pale blue and sleeveless, leaving his white blazer to droop over his hands most of the time. There is fire embroidered on the right side of the white blazer, which is only buttoned in the middle. His pants are surprisingly, shorts, dark blue khakis if you would like the exact kind. He wears black, featureless shoes that look like they were simply the first thing they picked out. They were actually.

History:

A story is passed down in Lacunosa Town. A meteor crashed there, creating the Giant Chasm. In it rests a dragon, who on the cold, windy nights would steal people and Pokemon from the small, nearby town and eat them. As such, the citizens are forbidden to go out at night and the high walls have remained, even if the legend has stopped being believed in.

This is the city Rion was born in, the youngest of four. He was born to the rote of clockwork; games in the day, home in the night. Simple to remember but not so simple for him to execute. Born with a learning disability, he would frequently not be able to understand the cues of normal children and even struggled with his own parents, who weren't used to such difficulty with their other children. It brought inside him a deep-set sense of failure and discouraged his attempts to solve the more complicated problems that occurred. Eventually some of the other children began to mock him, physically and verbally, slowly giving him a fear of physical contact.

Eventually he stopped going outside at all, learning slowly in the quiet of his room. His siblings didn't care too much. They liked the fact that if whimsically, they felt like sitting in his room and talking, Rion would force himself to turn around and listen, even if he didn't understand everything that they were talking about or was able to respond appropriately. He didn't know it, but that taught him more about people than the doctors or books ever could.

At the age of ten, frightened by their youngest son's dismay of the outdoors, they gave him a Pokemon egg, that of a Rufflet. When it hatched, it was not entirely what they had hoped. A quiet, determined Pokemon, it guarded Rion wherever he went and against anyone deemed necessary, including the two of them. As Rion had no clue what to do about this, he ended up forced to release the Pokemon they gave him, two years after it had hatched. Confused, he went to do so.

However, things did not go as expected.

The two of them spend a nice, long last day together, wandering, though unknowingly, further and further away from the city and closer towards the dreaded place of legends: the Great Chasm. As day fell into night the temperature dropped gradually into deep cold. Suddenly, Rion became aware that he hadn't marked the path as he was taught and stood in the middle of a cold cave with his Pokemon, hopelessly lost. So… not certain of what else to do, he walked onward, not knowing he was exactly where he should not be. Along the way, Pokemon attacked him, prompting Alan into many desperate battles with strong Pokemon he could not beat, a Crobat getting through to his human and wounding him horribly on the head with Cross Poison, taking out his right eye in the process. Eventually, now frightened out of the normally composed state, Rion grabbed his Pokemon and fled deeper into the chasm, not realizing how cold he was… or how tired…

Eventually they hid in a small cave, Alan flying once in a while to get them food or help his human to a frigid lake. The rest of the time was spent mostly in his trainer's arms, trying to keep them both alive. With the cold wood, the boy could build a fire. Unfortunately, he simply did not know how to do so. At some point, no matter how much the Rufflet's wings smacked him, he simply fell asleep, overtaken by the cold and the poison. The Pokemon, not wanting to leave his trainer's side, starting calling for help in the loudest voice he could muster.

Now whether by luck or coincidence, they were found by a wayward Audino, or rather, a lost, trained Audino. It quickly healed them, trying to prevent as bad a case of frostbite as possible. Alan was thankfully mostly all right but Rion did not wake up. Unsure of whether to go find her trainer or stay, the Pokemon fretted for a moment. Her trainer clumsily appeared moments later, led by an odd Absol with sparkling pink eyes. Without waiting for the woman to understand, the Absol lifted Rion and went to leave the Giant Chasm.

Three days after this, Rion woke up in a home in the Village Bridge. He tried to remember what happened, only to send a shooting pain where he was struck down by the Crobat. Soon, he glimpsed Alan, his Rufflet, who was now very despondent and miserable, and the odd Absol, who simply nodded at him. He didn't know how but judging by the lazed position the Pokemon had on the floor, it was here to stay. The sensation of cold rose into his mind the longer he looked at her and not knowing why, he began to scream. The trainer who had found him rushed into the room and slowly calmed him down.

She, after ascertaining his condition, introduced herself as Laura Mably, a child care psychologist. She had found him at the Great Chasm during one of her whimsical walkabouts. She explained that if she had been there a hour later, he likely wouldn't have woken up again, frostbite or not. Also, the bloodstream in his brain was affected by Crobat poisoning, causing the headache he was currently having and his distinct memory troubles. Rion couldn't understand very much of this. All he could really grasp was that he was very lucky, and owed this woman his life.

The next few years were strange. As Rion slowly recovered, he eventually was able to get in contact with his parents, who were overjoyed to find their son alive. However, he could mostly see them as strangers, his mind likely permanently scarred by the events. This did set a permanent fear of cold in his system, prompting Laura to recommend getting him a Fire type. It ended up being his Vulpix. Miss Mably took on the task of helping Rion to be able to function in normal society, something that even with the family's help, was quite difficult.

Unknown to them, Rion wanted to repay the woman for all the help they were giving him, not sure what he had done to earn it. So at night, with one of his brother's help, he learned how to Pokemon battle. It was complicated and tiring but Rion learned. He decided on his sixteenth birthday to go to this tournament and try and see if the money earned here would repay all that was spent on him. He didn't tell anyone except his brother and ran away, not considering his difficulties as a child were still there.

Pokemon:

Absol (Female)
Spr_4d_359.png

Deena
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Docile
Moves: Future Sight, Ice Beam, Razor Wind, Night Slash

Rufflet (Male)
rufflet.png

Alan
Ability: Keen Eye
Nature: Serious
Moves: Slash, Air Slash, Rock Slide, Shadow Claw

Ninetales (Male)
038.png

Dante
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Mild
Moves: Flamethrower, Extrasensory, Quick Attack, Energy Ball

Starsprite

This is how we live!
Years
  • Age 26
  • TN
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
@Fuyu: I think Rion is an excellent character, and will happily accept your SU. However, it seems that most of the other entries have a lot more experience, as well as fully evolved Pokemon, but if you don't mind then neither do I.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Rufflet's not evolved for a reason :D They're at a strong level though, except Ninetales isn't as great. :D I don't mind him being inexperienced. Rion wouldn't have been much of a fighter anyway. :D Thanks for accepting me.

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2013
Haha, I think this ought to be a fun RP with the quirks of all these characters.

I think I'm going to make Sid a guy who's trapped in the 80s, like the kind of guy who would say "Bodacious Babes" or "That's straight up Illin'"

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
I didn't think of putting much of Mina's personality in her history... That isn't part of the history in most of the RPs I join XD Is it alright if I edit it a bit so you can get a better idea of what she's like?

Kularian

Talespinner
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 14, 2014
Just popping in to see if there are any more places available, or if I can get first pick at any unused reservations? :O?

The initial thread says zero, but 12 people amongst 4 houses is 3 each so I wasn't sure if that was intentional or not...unless only 3 houses are being used for PCs. I dunno D:>

Starsprite

This is how we live!
Years
  • Age 26
  • TN
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
You know, now I feel incredibly stupid. xD

Okay. Well two more spots are going to be opened, since I had two people request reservations (one through a PM), but since I don't think I can get/handle 16 people it's going to be only two.

@Kularian: Congratulations. For your mathematical prowess (the ability to count that I seemingly lack), you are reserved.

@fortworth96: I like your edits~

Whimsyful

Tomfooler-er Extraordinaire
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 25, 2014
Private messages man. It's like cutting in front of others. Politely. Er-hem. I mean, I'd never cut in front of someone else rudely~

Anyways, I'm going to edit this post with all of my delightful character information as soon as I've got it typed down!
[Edit] Added a few more details to save his history from the scourge of plain-ness. Not that it likely helped very much~

----------

Name: Salem "Rolly" Walters
Date of Birth: July Fourteenth

Hometown: Canalave City of the Sinnoh Region
Reason for Entering: Personal ambition and the desire for recognition, as well as a test of self. The prize money is pretty cool too.

Appearance: There is nothing that does not rock the world more than a nice hat. Or so Rolly believes. His taste in fashion seems to be a callback to decades earlier fashions, but also remains too decidedly eclectic for anyone to be certain. There seem to be three personal items that form his 'calling card.' The first is a black gatsby cap that he refuses to take off under almost any occasion, the next is a black long sleeved jacket that he never closes and the sleeves both end with a large purple cufflink, and the last is a lengthy lavender scarf with frilled edges that hangs over his back, rather than his front.

His hair is perpetually scruffy, and his hat hides a perpetual horizontal cowlick that stands out along the left side of his head and covers his ear when he wears his hat. He's tried taming the beast, and failed over countless valiant battles.
His eyes are a dull shade of green.
His facial features seem incredibly plain on their own merits. Average ears, an average nose... But at least his eyebrows seem a bit thick. He's quite happy with that part of his face. His body is lean despite his best efforts to gain weight. His metabolism refuses to let any amount of junk food dare mar his belly.

Rolly favors a dressy plaid shirt underneath his jacket whenever possible, preferably with nuetral tones. But for this occasion, he's styled himself up with a deep red plaid, laced with lighter shades. Gotta fancy yourself up for special things! He actually plans on wearing a different colour of the rainbow for each day of the week, following in the natural order. 

Then there's the ever necessary dress pants, but at least he keeps them tucked into his boots. Practicality AND style, what more could you ask for?

History: Salem's history is all about history. From an early age, he became hooked on reading. It started off humorously. He taught himself how to read because he wanted to know what the credits that played after his favorite cartoons were saying.

And then it became an addiction. His drive was strong enough to propel him towards advanced literature before he was even in elementary school, though his social skills and... Well just about everything else faltered in comparison. Despite this, Salem seemed to be quite charismatic due to his rambunctiousness and sense of humour. But with all of that being said, the outside world was shut out and replaced with a world of fantasies and daydreams. The best books were the ones filled with myths and legends.

One addiction lead into another, and Salem became obsessed with legendary Pokémon. Especially those of his native region, Sinnoh. And his first adventure began when he had just turned ten. It wasn't coincidence that led Salem to take a nap in the decimated and lonely inn of Canalave city. He knew all the rumors and legends by heart. But it was a mixed blessing. He was able to confirm that Darkrai did indeed exist by basking in the glory of his sleep bound companionship. And that's why he has unshakeable nightmares to this day. Salem's sheer force of will kept him healthy and well, but until he meets Cressalia (As he one day plans too), they won't be going away.

His next expedition came only a few years later, when he was fourteen. Why he hadn't gone earlier is a complete mystery, with Lake Verity practically a stone's throw away. He sat at the lake edge for hours with the companionship of his Pokémon, sketching and pondering over the cave situated so tantalizingly closely, yet so far away. He camped out for an entire month, hoping for just a glimpse.

Meeting as many legendary Pokémon as possible and becoming the stuff of legends himself had since become Salem's one goal in life. He crafted a heroic new persona for himself named Rolly, and sought to become someone worthy of the role he wanted to embrace. He had never even bothered to register as an official trainer before hand. He still has yet to travel the region, and one day he plans on it. He's been patiently biding his time raising his team of Pokémon to the best of his abilities, studying his ancient history and mythology, and battling other trainers to improve himself. He's participated in many local competitions, and after claiming an overwhelming victory in the last few, he's developed the confidence to enter the Pokémon Grand Tournament. The theme of the event is a particular interest to him, and he's determined to make the most of it.

Cartoons, they're a gateway drug, man.

Pokémon:

If there's one thing Salem has ever believed important in Pokémon battling, it's versatility. And while all of his Pokémon are very straight forward and attack driven, each has a couple special bits to provide support or heckle the opponent. Such as Polka's Ice Fang or Waltz's Helping Hand. They cover a wide type diversity with their movesets, and they each share fairly few weaknesses. And they can cover eachother's weaknesses too!
Where Salem's knowledge of legendary Pokémon excels, he's not even fully familiar with all of the Pokémon in his own region. But remaining prepared for anything (except y'know, defending) has taught him well, and he's quick to pick up on the flow of a battle and a new opponent that he's unfamiliar with. Just as long as they don't... You know. Attack back too much.

So it's a philosophy of hit 'em where it hurts, and hard.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Kularian

Talespinner
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 14, 2014
Name: Isaac Alexander

Date of Birth: July 23rd

Hometown: Dewford Town, Hoenn

Reason for Entering: For the fun of it; to get back into 'the game'

Appearance: One thing that is immediately noticed about Isaac is that he is not small of stature. A few inches over six feet and broad in body, he is one that most people don't often think to mess with. His face though, is generally unangered, keeping a fairly placid look at most times. Due to his age, his visage is a bit worn and leathered, with very obvious lines about his eyes and mouth, though most of them seem to be more smile-lines than frown ones. Preferring to shave rather than let his hair grow out, he's generally seen with a five o'clock shadow, or some light stubble, depending on how long its been. His eyes are a grey-blue, and goes well with the neck-length, brown hair.

His outfit is most definitely one belonging to a traveler, and has a thick, long-sleeved black shirt, over which is
worn a thinner, brown short-sleeve one. (In warmer weather, he'll forgo the undershirt and just go with the short-sleeve.) His pants are worn, dusty, yet durable thick brown cloth, and a pair of hiking boots rounds off his basic attire. For cooler weather, he also has a thick, brown leather coat that comes down to his ankles, and for bright, sunny weather, he has a broad-brimmed hat of the same general brown as most of his other clothing.

Also, if he's in the mountains for hiking, he has two pairs of gloves, a pair of thick leather ones for more intense sessions, but also a pair of fingerless as well, just for general climbing. On his back, also, is a worn leather backpack, with what appears to be brass buckles and snaps.

History: There was once a time when Dewford was even smaller, and trainers weren't quite so common, a young boy received his first Pokemon. Isaac was thirteen, and with his father's assistance, had managed to capture an Aron from the nearby Granite Cave. However, the current Gym Leader, who would go on to mentor Brawly, still used Fighting-type Pokemon, and that proved that Isaac and Hazard, his Aron, could not defeat them. Rather than grow depressed and irritated with the constant failure, Isaac saw it as a challenge, and decided that he would have to leave home in order to increase his skills.

Leaving home with nothing more than his Aron, Isaac began to travel over Hoenn. He soon found that Hazard's defenses proved much more successful against foes who weren't specialized in Fighting. He added a few others to his team, namely a Numel, an Onix, and a Mawile. With the group he had, choosing the powers of rock-hard defense, he soon found himself training at Rustboro, and was a trainer in the gym for a short time, though he was an apt learner, and quickly was able to master what the Gym Leader had to teach, regarding rock pokemon.

Afterwards, he wandered a bit more, moving around from town to town, and ended up spending a lot of his time in the mountainous areas, scaling areas that many others were too afraid to climb into. It was during one of these hunts that Isaac stumbled across a fossilized piece of amber, which looked to contain the tooth of some creature. Excited at his discovery, he went back to Rustboro, and the professors, who were working on creating the process to turn fossils into Pokemon, were excited to his use as a live test run.

The attempt proved to be a success, though the scientists admitted that there were many complications during the procedure that would have to be fixed before another attempt was made. Regardless, Isaac found himself in the company of an Aerodactyl, which he named Amber, after the fossil he'd found her in. Many years passed after that incident, and the man eventually found himself with seven badges, and only one area left to conquer: his hometown of Dewford. With the help of Amber, however, he was able to overcome the Gym Leader, and acquire his eighth badge, at seventeen years of age.

Three more years of training later, the man was able to defeat the Elite Four of Hoenn, and became recognized as a talented trainer, but he did not consider himself a master; not yet. However, after having traveling all over Hoenn, he settled for a brief time, serving as the Gym Leader in Rustboro for a few years, just to give the previous Leader a break, who was chasing after a woman and needed time to catch her and settle down. Yet when that had occurred, Isaac had felt the pulling of wanderlust, and left the area behind, moving onto the region of Sinnoh, having heard tell of an interesting Pokemon of the Ground-type that caused Sandstorms wherever it went.

Moving to Sinnoh did no prove to be an easy feat, yet the man, with his genial, easy-going nature, persevered, and after a few months was able to get settled, finding work with the Fuego Ironworks, where he and his Pokemon were able to help with little difficulty. However, after two years of this "training," Isaac felt the bite of wanderlust once more, and headed to the desert, where he came across the large, Hippopotomas-like creature that he had heard the rumors of. While the fight hadn't been overly difficult, the capture had been, and when it had finally been captured, Behemoth the Hippowdon became a permanent, integral member of his team, despite her temperament.

Over the next three years, Isaac traveled about Sinnoh, and succeeded in gathering the Gym Badges here as well, before confronting the Elite Four. Thanks to his Hippowdon, he had formed something of a Sandstorm team, and used it to his full advantage, and only after three attempts was he able to bring them down. After the battles, he contemplated heading to Kanto or Johto, to gather the rest of the badges...but instead he merely began to wander from place to place, using Pokemon Battles as a way to earn money, or having his Pokemon assist him at various job sites. He became something of a noteworthy, talked-about person amongst the Hikers, and though over the next twenty years, his wandering and climbing became less, and less-often, the tales of his exploits had grown into almost legendary proportions.

Now at forty-seven, Isaac realized that in his wandering, he had failed to really make a name for himself amongst the Pokemon trainers of the world. Hearing the talk of this tournament, the man essentially gave a shrug and a grin to himself and entered himself into the tournament.

Pokemon:

306.gif

Name: Hazard
Nature: Careful

Attacks:
Heavy Slam – Steel
Stone Edge – Rock
Double Edge – Normal
Taunt – Dark

450f.gif

Name: Behemoth
Nature: Hardy

Attacks:
Ice Fang – Ice
Earthquake – Ground
Curse – Ghost
Slack Off – Normal

142.gif

Name: Amber
Nature: Jolly

Attacks:
Fly – Flying
Roost – Flying
Stealth Rock – Rock
Stone Edge – Rock

Starsprite

This is how we live!
Years
  • Age 26
  • TN
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
@Whimsyful: I'm assuming you're ready for review, but tell me if I'm wrong. I can accept that.

@Kularian: Is that an older character I spy? Definitely accepted.

Both excellent characters. Good work.

Starsprite

This is how we live!
Years
  • Age 26
  • TN
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Me, being me, gave them five days. Which is way too long. For the people that reserved when the thread first went up, tomorrow is the last day, but I guess I could notify all the people that reserved after that, that I'm enforcing a new deadline, but I don't know. I don't want to upset anyone. xP

Because honestly, five days was a little ridiculous. I only did that because I imagined some people might be busy and take a little longer than normal.

This wouldn't be such a big deal if I didn't have to pair people up, really.

Whimsyful

Tomfooler-er Extraordinaire
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 25, 2014
@Whimsyful: I'm assuming you're ready for review, but tell me if I'm wrong. I can accept that.

Oh, yes, I'm done tinkering~
His personality will be better fleshed out in the roleplay, rather than trying to wiggle it into a (rather lacking...) historical description.

Well, procrastination is always there. If all else fails and we can't get 'em all, which would be saddening, hopefully there'll be an even number, at least? It would make sorting into the houses a problem though.

Guys I have an explanation. Anyone who doesn't show up was clearly eaten by bears.

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
I'm okay. I'm working on it now but having a little trouble putting the personality into the history. I should be done by the end of the night though.

Back