• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General Character Discussion

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
Other than the more in depth dialogue both several new songs (at least I don't think I heard them in the dub) and more mature-sounding (deeper voiced) voice actors make the sub much more interesting for me. It also helps that the villains in general have gotten stronger. Team Rocket actually creates well thought-out plans.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Oh now I'm wondering- where did you leave off with the dub & start with the sub? Have you started at the beginning of Best Wishes or the start of Episode N or Decolora or just picked it up randomly?

I'm def more fond of the voice and scripts from the original than the TPCI dub. But I still adore the 4Kids dub- even more so after watching TPCI. Because they Americanized it, but they put so much effort in it. The scripts may not have been accurate, but they flowed well. The actors were amazing and brought so much to the plain scripts. I just don't see that in TPCI.

I might be totally off on that but that's what I've been seeing after doing Watch-Along and jumping around in BW and OS/AG.

Years
Like Iris and Cilan expressed interest in seeing what Kanto has to offer, but they're probably just going to stop in at Pallet Town and then head off to XY region.
I am against this theory whether they are going into XY Region with Ash. That depends upon the XY games themselves whether they are allowing some old characters to appear

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
That's not what I'm saying, really. What I'm saying is that I'm confused as to if they'll do something in Kanto, and if so then what? Since Iris and Cilan were interested in Kanto, then it wouldn't make sense to move on immediately. What I want for XY is Iris to go off and train with Clair and Cilan to accompany Ash to the XY region. Because they still haven't done enough with his character.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
I agree with Anna that they could do so much more character development with Ash. He's been stagnant far too long. I have to say that I would very much enjoy a time in which they traveled around Kanto again. It would be quite nostalgic. Also what do you guys think of the newer bad guys ("New" team rocket and team plasma). I find that I am liking how team rocket is an actual threat. They actually have well thought out plans to capture Pikachu and even when they fail its not as tragic as it used to. Plus they are pretty bad*** (pardon my language) when it comes to fighting team plasma. Team plasma on the other hand actually look like bad guys and reach most of their goals, even with Ash and N in their way.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Team Plasma was pretty cool, I guess. I didn't really like them a whole lot as an organization, but individually I loved Colress and Angie as characters. I really like that Team Rocket is more of a threat, but I'm still annoyed that it came at the cost of their personalities. I'm glad they're slowly going back to their old selves, but I hope they don't just become overused and appallingly incompetent again.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
I also like their personalities. They should be serious on missions, but revert to their old selves when they're after Pikachu, more so than they already have. I hope that they'll become as "punny" as they were in Kanto and Johto.

Just curious. Have you watched all of the subs up to the most current episode or do the subs stop at "Episode N" episode 13. I've been searching but I can't find any subs after episode 13. I can, however, find information on the episodes.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Well the thing is that the subbers are about six weeks behind as far as I can tell. I mainly watch things raw these days just because they're not up-to-date and because Pokémon is not difficult to understand. Also I get scene-by-scene summaries from some people on tumblr within a week of watching. But yeah, I don't think the subs for anything further than that are out yet.

I just hope the TRio actually get some proper missions. They do so well when they have direction. ;_;

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
I've been re-watching some old episodes (Kanto and Johto) and I have to say that I miss the amount of puns they used to make. Although they never succeeded... at anything they at least were able to through in a few puns. If anything is to change about Team Rocket I hope its the return of the puns. I haven't noticed many in the Unova series. Then again, I might just be missing them.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Yeah they really were the main source of comedy in Pokémon imo. You haven't been missing them in BW; they just haven't been punning. It's very sad and slightly aggravating because their humour was such a part of their characters.

Years
I do agree with Anna, Team Rocket were really great back when they were hilarious and when I heard they were getting more serious in Best Wishes I felt they weren't funny anymore. Even before I found out they went back to their white uniforms around 20+ episodes in.

As for the puns, I do admit they haven't been appearing as much in BW.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I really really wish they hadn't sacrificed personality for competency. Does anyone know- I mean I'd be able to find it if I felt like looking I'm sure- but did the main Pokémon writing staff encounter a major turnover between Sinnoh & BW? Because after watching through older episodes, BW seems majorly underdone. Like all of the episodes and plots and battles and characterization could have been done so much better.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Yeah sure! This is not a spoiler-free thread.

I want the Karos girl to appear like this in the anime:
Spoiler:

And wouldn't it be cool if she were Ash's main rival rather than travelling companion? And maybe she'd travel with the group at intervals? She seems a bit older as well and looks like a competent trainer from the get-go. I want her to not be a rookie. :D

Years
She reminds me of Dawn's looks... I hope she is a fierce competitor too just like you said. Also I don't mind that she could travel with Ash too. Too confused to say one specific thing...:3c

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
She does have kind of a girly vibe I guess but she seems a lot more metropolitan than Dawn. And her outfit is so much cuter yo. I'm really really hoping contests make a comeback or something different than gyms shows up because it's very likely that she'll travel with Ash and I don't want her to just be hanging around or doing the same thing he is. She looks like she'd be such a fun character; I don't want her to be sidelined. ;;

Years
She does have kind of a girly vibe I guess but she seems a lot more metropolitan than Dawn. And her outfit is so much cuter yo. I'm really really hoping contests make a comeback or something different than gyms shows up because it's very likely that she'll travel with Ash and I don't want her to just be hanging around or doing the same thing he is. She looks like she'd be such a fun character; I don't want her to be sidelined. ;;
It was just that her height and Skirt look reminded me of Dawn's. But I have a sudden thought she might be coming later in the anime just like Cheren. You know they always make us wait for the special people

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
As late as Cheren? I wouldn't think so... they may wait an episode or two for her, but since she's a protagonist and not a rival I would think she'd be given "feature character" status. At least as prominent as Bianca!

Years
As late as Cheren? I wouldn't think so... they may wait an episode or two for her, but since she's a protagonist and not a rival I would think she'd be given "feature character" status. At least as prominent as Bianca!
Maybe you are right but I also want to see the Male Protagonist of games in the anime also. I also missed him in the Unova saga as well

Back