• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Hack of the Year] Discussions - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
Okay people, let's all try to respect each other's opinions, now. >Dante<, Manipulation wasn't trying to manipulate anything that you said. Manipulation, >Dante< wasn't accusing anyone of cheating. We have to remember that hacking is a very touchy subject and there are a lot of grey areas when it comes to issues such as the graphical presentation of a hack. People are bound to have different opinions and this thread is for voicing those opinions, not debating which is the most valid. You can discuss all you want but I don't want to see any more arguing.

I feel I should remind you that both the Hack of the Month competition as well as Rounds 1 and 2 of the Hack of the Year are based solely on member input.
I know that, but I still feel that the public in general should have an input on the final decision. There should be a judge that solely represents the public's opinion. It should be that members are allowed to rate each of the hacks on the same table the judges do and have that data added into the final result. I think that this is how it should work. The votes from the members would be tallied averaged and counted on the final round as yet another judge called public or something. It would then be averaged in with the rest the way other judges are. That way the general public could be nearly garunteed that there was a fair representation of their general opinion in the votes, even if it was only one judge. We all generally agree on (more or less) which are the top five hacks, but everyone has a hard time deciding which is the best. Don't get me wrong though, there needs to be a balance. We need to have some experienced judges too. If not there will be many n00bs saying "me tink dis is bestest hak eva!!!!! It gets 10/10 wile teh rest get 1/10." I just think that having five or so people who make the final decision isn't always the best representation of what everyone thinks, and I'm just trying to give a solution/compromise which all could agree upon.

Last edited:

TheRkyeet

Member of the GGs
Years
It's closed because the first stage of voting has ended. Right now, the votes are being tallied and awards, I presume, are being made. I should probably go check on that...

what a shame. There can be no votes for things that are entered in November?
Oh well, next year I guess.

Germaniac

Victoria Concordia Crescit
Years
I know that, but I still feel that the public in general should have an input on the final decision. There should be a judge that solely represents the public's opinion. It should be that members are allowed to rate each of the hacks on the same table the judges do and have that data added into the final result. I think that this is how it should work. The votes from the members would be tallied averaged and counted on the final round as yet another judge called public or something. It would then be averaged in with the rest the way other judges are. That way the general public could be nearly garunteed that there was a fair representation of their general opinion in the votes, even if it was only one judge. We all generally agree on (more or less) which are the top five hacks, but everyone has a hard time deciding which is the best. Don't get me wrong though, there needs to be a balance. We need to have some experienced judges too. If not there will be many n00bs saying "me tink dis is bestest hak eva!!!!! It gets 10/10 wile teh rest get 1/10." I just think that having five or so people who make the final decision isn't always the best representation of what everyone thinks, and I'm just trying to give a solution/compromise which all could agree upon.
I think it's better if everyone poll (the top 3) then the judges judge the hacks (the top 3), then the score is judge+vote, just like R/S/E Contest :P

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
I think it's better if everyone poll (the top 3) then the judges judge the hacks (the top 3), then the score is judge+vote, just like R/S/E Contest :P
That would technically be the best, but then you have the fact that the "inexperianced n00b" voters come in and make the final result what they want instead of what it should be. I think that the public need some say, but not so much as to be able to alter the final decision from best to worst. The way they fixed that at WaH was to have only votes frome people with fifteen or more posts count. I guess it all depends how many n00b voters there are.

Germaniac

Years
That would technically be the best, but then you have the fact that the "inexperianced n00b" voters come in and make the final result what they want instead of what it should be. I think that the public need some say, but not so much as to be able to alter the final decision from best to worst. The way they fixed that at WaH was to have only votes frome people with fifteen or more posts count. I guess it all depends how many n00b voters there are.
I think the voter needs to have 30 or more post, and they just will vote 1 hack (not like the 1st Round)

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I get the feeling that my work will only reach third (again) this year's Hack of the Year. xD

~Wind~

Detective
Years
Well I think it will get to at least second this year Jagold ;)
After all, this is your best storyline yet!

Germaniac

Years
Yeah, I like your hack too, especially the storyline, I'm thinking, if all professional hacker on Pokecommunity would hack a game, how awesome will it be...?

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
Yeah, I like your hack too, especially the storyline, I'm thinking, if all professional hacker on Pokecommunity would hack a game, how awesome will it be...?
My god, we could completly destroy nintendo's pokemon game selling industry!:shocked:
@jagold I think that you'll be second this year. It may be first, but I'm pretty sure it won't be third again.

Germaniac

Years
My god, we could completly destroy nintendo's pokemon game selling industry!:shocked:
@jagold I think that you'll be second this year. It may be first, but I'm pretty sure it won't be third again.
Yeah I also think it would be at least second as it's better than Sienna, and what about professional hacker from other forums (there's much hacking forums) help us? We'll dominate the world! (lol)

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
Years
I only played Sienna and Flora sky this year, they were both really great but after reading a few of the comments on the first page I think I'll try out pokemon liquid crystal lol

Years
Even if it is late we should go on to the next round. It seems quite obvious that Light Platinum might win but we'll find that out and see if it's true or not. Oh and Game Freak made Pokemon not Nintendo.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Damn... Why aren't the results up yet?
I'm excited to receive my third-place award xD

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
I'm still waiting on two of the judges and one of them is on a leave of absence so it'll be in due time, pal.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Just thought I'd let you know that the results have been tallied and finished and we have our winners. We're just holding off on posting the thread because of award making.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back