• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Triple Triad win or lose.

Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2017
Before asking the question, I need to say something. I was about to make a new account when I found out I already made one in 2010. Not sure why, but there was only 1 post and it was a horrible post so I had to delete it.

Back on topic.
I'm trying to make a ranking system for triple triad for my Pokemon game (Though my dislike for RPG maker XP [The lag], I just prefer VX and VX Ace). But to make this ranking system I need a way to tell if the player has won or lose in a battle. I tried searching but all I found was 'forum games' and the wiki didn't have any info on a win or lose scenario, if it is there, please tell me because i'm blind and find it a bit hard to point out the obvious.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
I can't believe that this script don't have this feature!

In PokemonMinigameTripleTriad change (untested)

Code:
  pbFadeOutInWithMusic(99999){
     scene=TriadScene.new
     screen=TriadScreen.new(scene)
     screen.pbStartScreen(name,minLevel,maxLevel,rules,oppdeck,prize)
  }

to

Code:
ret=-1
  pbFadeOutInWithMusic(99999){
     scene=TriadScene.new
     screen=TriadScreen.new(scene)
     ret=screen.pbStartScreen(name,minLevel,maxLevel,rules,oppdeck,prize)
  }
return ret

Now pbTriadDuel returns a number where:

0 - No game (when you have no cards or other condition)
1 - Player win
2 - Player lose
3 - Draw

Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2017
Thank you very much. I was starting to think nobody will be able to answer this.
I will test this out now.

EDIT: It doesn't seem to work for me. But that is probably due to me not knowing what i'm even doing.

Last edited:

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
For people who don't know what to do, I tend to advise using Variables... Why don't you just use those instead?
But another question is, where will you be using this ranking system?
Will it be some sort of screen during the Triad game, or will it be used on the overworld?
Will there be a league table, that is visible, or will someone just say, "Hey, you're ranked 57th out of 140, congratulations!"?
All of these would require additional scripting anyway, except some guy telling you (which is obviously the easiest solution)... I haven't attempted FL's way, so you'll have to await his reply for an answer to that.

Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2017
Using Variables for a ranking system is what I planned. But because there is no script for win or lose, then your rank will go up even if you win or lose. That's what I want to avoid.
I need the win/lose script to make the ranking system and to create tournaments, which both will need a win/lose script. I have extremely little knowledge of Ruby script, so understanding what to do can be difficult.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
What FL gave means you can use result=pbTriadDuel("Bob",1,10) or even pbSet(42,pbTriadDuel("Bob",1,10)) in an event to get the result of the duel. You can then use the result somehow in your rankings stuff.

Back