• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon: Phoenix Rising

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toa77

A Creative Writer
Years
From what I understand from the storyline and screenshots, this will be an amazing game. We have Legendary Pokemon, new region, a mystery, the typical villain team (maybe), and amazing graphics. I cannot wait to finally play this. The battle backgrounds will make the Nintendo spriters cringe...

I cannot wait!

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2011
I'm loving the progress so far. Great work! On a music note, I'm not really a fan of the ride cymbal during the Boss Battle track. To me it just adds some noise clutter, but it may be more engaging if it wasn't 16th notes (or eighths, I can't really tell at the moment). Again, that's just me from a compositional standpoint. Music today does this type of cymbal pattern quite a bit but with MIDI it just doesn't work the same.

Years
  • Seen Jul 21, 2014
Wow just wow screenies are so beautiful and the background when battling is damn Epic very nice work

fliyer

played more than 2000 hours-_-
Years
  • Age 30
  • S.D.
  • Seen Jul 3, 2016
This game looks amassing, but their is 1 thing that bothers me, the sprite for Professor Signomi does not look as good as the sprites for the gym leaders, main characters and rivals, in my opinion, it would be nice if she was to be resprited >.<

Years
Easily one of the best games in the showcase, it just raises the bar so high. I love the music, the sprites, the plot, almost everything about this game of yours. I really like the personalities that you've given the Gym Leaders as well, not to mention the fact that you fight them outside of their gyms. Also, are you going to balance the base stats of the starters? Makuhita sort of outclasses the other two starters.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Blimey, do I remember the early days of this. No doubt, this has turned from a dream of yours into an absolutely amazing reality, with it only seeming to get better as time goes on! Kudos to you Gav, I look forward to it!

Hourglasshero

General Concepts' Designer
Years
Slight Update!
heartsl.png

The sprite has beem fixed by the awesome Kuroda-Taiki
It looks even more like the original drawing(which is mine) :P

Kyther

Pokemon Freedom Developer
Years
This project is amazing Abnegation. I just love the tiles you use. Good luck to Pokemon: Forever Lost.

Years
Whoa.... first game I look into and it is EPIC! The sprites look pretty darn cool (although I think the professor doesn't really look like a professor, but that's a minor quibble) as for the tiles and music... all I can say is that I can't wait for the beta to come out.

Say, if you ever want cool music, try looking up John Bourne, Revennaras or DragonstarDT on youtube (they might allow you to midi-fy their music but I'm not too sure)

Anyways, keep up the good work!

Atomic Reactor

As you know, youre graphics are simply beautiful. Keep up the good work man :)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Really sorry about the lack of updates in the last while guys, I have been busy and have actually hit a bit of a road block. However, I have some good news. A very talented pixel artist known as Alistair is making some tiles for the game during his time off, which are dearly needed for a very diverse and interesting area in the game, which I'm really looking forward to mapping. But I really want to thank you all for your support.

I am considering changing the professor's design or else having her changed, so I'll be speaking to my team about that soon. I think that she does need to look a bit more professor like. We're also working on some new battle backgrounds, some new vs bars, trainer sprites and more. So Hopefully there will be some updates soon. I am currently working on a new myth involving Meloetta, who will also have a whole new custom form! So you guys can look forward to that.

Again, thanks for supporting the game guys, we'll be working hard over the next few days to get some new updates up!

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
Gav, every time I look at this page I get really excited. I don't think that's good for my liver. I just wanted to send my regards to the team as well. <3

I forget. Is this the one where I submitted a really dumb idea for a trainer to you?

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
..This game looks so shiny, so new, so AWESOME!

...On a serious note though, every detail presented is original and amazing. I'm definitely going to be checking on this for updates.

My only nitpick is Professor Signomi. It's an amazing piece of pixel art (I want to guess and say it was done on paint), but it doesn't fit in with the style of the other sprites, if you know what I mean. I think you probably already know this, but still.

I'm going to be stalking your DA now, bye!

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2015
It all looks amazing, and you can count on me playing it when it's finished. But my only concern is the screenshots; everything looks really cramped and closed in. You might want to considering opening up a little more.

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2020
This is pretty, and just wow, i am honestly really amazed i wanna play this right now, this could be better then black

Skyy

Just Sky ( :
Years
OMG. This game looks amazing and the screen shots look beautiful. Specially the snow screens. I love the snow ( : im not a fan of the starters but thats because im picky at times lol. Ive never really like RMXP games but this one might change that. I cant wait to play this game ( : keep up the good work <3 adding a support bar too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back