• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Eccentric Ditto

DarthSenorQueso

Officially number 1 snake
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 28, 2016
Does anyone else think that Ditto has completely broken the metagame with it's new ability?

It copies every stat and stat change besides health and transforms on coming into battle, all you have to do is use leftovers, ev health and switch out of type disadvantage with it.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
It's true that Eccentric Ditto has changed the metagame. With Choice Scarf, it can revenge kill the Pokemon it transformed into, assuming the Pokemon doesn't switch, among other things. But it's not entirely broken because it doesn't work if the opposing Pokemon is behind a Substitute.

iNinja

hi hello
Years
If ditto didn't copy stats changes, it would be alright with me. But the fact that you can chance the WHOLE course of a battle with just one switch in is too much. Especially since it takes no skill to ruin a persons sweep. Way Broken. ban pl0x.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Ditto isn't broken at all. You should have a counter/check for whatever it transforms into anyway and the fact that its locked in makes it even easier to deal with. Priority and entry hazards are rife too which puts a damper on Ditto.

Also if you dragon dance 6 times when you know they have a Ditto (team preview), its your own stupid fault lol.

I see Ditto as a good way of keeping the game in balance actually and stopping ridiculously powerful threats from tearing everything apart, especially in Dream World.

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
Years
I love when the bring a Ditto on my 6 Butterfly Dance'd Ulgamoth. Because I run it with Hidden Power Rock. ;) Thank god they don't copy the Hidden Power type! I'd be a goner! XD

But yes, I don't see him as overpowered, I see him as a good check in to the many crazy boosters we now have in our metagame.

And like any other threat, you need to have some way to take him down! ;D

Years
  • Seen May 9, 2012
Red card set is great for bulky boosters :3

Ditto@Red Card
252 Hp/ 252 Spe/4 Def
Jolly Nature
-Transform

:3

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
Years