• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I THINK COOLSVILLE SUCKS

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Half of that city is all scenic and stuff. The rest is a crime-ridden mess. I'm from somewhere in between those places haha.
But yeah sure. It's a pretty cool place, so long as you someone isn't mugging you. {:

If you mean where I live now, it's pretty uninteresting. The occasional drug bust or shooting. It really isn't the kind of place where you want to be alone at night. Especially in a nearby forest. That's one of those places you avoid going to alone at all costs, no matter what time of day. >_<

Last edited:
Years
My hometown is a little, rich, exurban town in the Twin Cities (Minneapolis and Saint Paul) area. I like the town, and it's not a terrible place to live, but it's so far from everything that I'd like to move to a larger town that actually has some public transportation. They're not terrible at planning for future growth, but the people refuse to support any sort of mass-transit in the area, so that will probably come back to bite them in the rear at some point.

The Twin Cities as a whole, however, are something I am very proud of, given the fact that there is a lot of intercity cooperation on how things should develop regionally, including various rail lines, with many of those proposals actually starting to get done this decade. It's also a pretty nice place to live, even in the worst neighborhoods.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
I'm neutral on Denver. I grew up in a quiet and older neighborhood so it wasn't too bad. Some of the city is pretty while others looked like a steaming pile of crap (some just left there to rot.) I might be returning to it eventually whether I like it or not, but I prefer where I am now.

Sirfetch’d

I grew up in a very small town and it really didn't have many stores or people. I am proud of it because of the experiences it had, but we had to drive 40 minutes to get to the nearest mall so I just wish maybe it had more things to offer, but overall not a bad town.

Years
Living in the suburbs of Vancouver, there isn't anything spectacular about my town, but I guess nothing really to complain about either.

If I were to lump myself in with Vancouver itself, I can easily be both proud and disappointed by it. I can be proud that it's such a beautiful city, it's home to such a diverse group of people, and it's hosted some major events like the World Expo, Winter Olympics and the upcoming women's FIFA World Cup. But, there's lots to dislike about it, too, like the awfully high cost of living here compared to a majority of North America, having a rising amount of drug abuse and violence in and around the city, and having stupid things like the Stanley Cup riots in 2011 tarnishing our reputation. All in all I'd say I'm proud of the city as a whole, but find it easy to pick out its flaws.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Last month I would have said no.

But now I've moved to Charlotte, North Carolina which is awesome because (a) it's in the south and (b) it's big enough so there's actually stuff for me to do and (c) I actually know people here from my college days.

(we will not bring up the topic of the craptacular Carolina Panthers lol)

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I don't really think about my hometown all that much, if I'm honest. I grew up in a city in the north of England called Durham. Most British people know it as the location of Durham Cathedral, a Norman-age cathedral that houses the bones of St. Cuthbert who... was famous for something! Not entirely sure what. For people outside of the UK, it's best known as the location for the film (and musical) Billy Elliot. In many ways, it's a city that's still recovering from a massive change in industry and social structure since the '80s from coal-mining to a more service-based sector. Added to that that there's a relatively small population that fluctuates massively due to the university in it which means there's not all that much to do. Essentially, it's fine for what it is, but I have no real desire to go back.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
Ha ha, I love this title. I swear I'm, like, the only one who thinks the live-action Scooby-Doo movies weren't that bad... =P

Anyway, my hometown is, like, a block away from where I live now and I'm neutral towards it. It's not as bad as the other areas around here, but it's got nothing really special... I'd like to move north when I'm older, even if it's more expensive.

EDIT: SHOOT I didn't mean to like my own post, sorry xP

Last edited:

Warship

異議あり!
Years
well i like ankara. we have a mall (albeit small) almost next to our house and the site i live in is quite peaceful. the city pretty big so i cant get to wherever i want but still i can go to many places. you could say im quite proud of my town :)

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
Not really. The city was marked as one of the most dangerous cities in America in 2012, coming in at 10th. Second in the California region. Also named one of the most miserable cities in the US. How's that? :P

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
Not really. The town where I was born and lived in for 12 years is not exactly a nice place. It's full of rednecks, racism, crime, and methheads. The town I live in now is full of stupid people with too much money. Ah well, at least I get to go off to college soon...

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
My city is pretty boring, everyone here usually just drives the ten minutes needed to get to San Francisco and then you actually have **** to do.

jcl

Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2014
New York City represent :) Bloodex is right, the environment has definitely improved. I still see a lot of crazies in the subway though.

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
Years
Its not so much that I'm not proud of my hometown, because I'm very proud with of it for how much its grown yet still manages to be very clean, but the problem I have is just that: it has grown.
My hometown looks nothing like I did when I was a kid. It used to be just a small town, but then a lot of companies moved their HQ's there, which along with allowing me to meet some cool people from all over the world, caused the town to grow rapidly and all of the surrounding towns to hate us.

Back