• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
well pokepal you are amusing this person didn't add more map banks. You are most likely right because a clean rom only has 43 banks.(so I can see how you made the assumption) But there is the possibility he added more map banks.

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
Years
I'm helping with a Fire Red hack. My question is concerning the title screen. Here's the title screen here:

2qv9nqb.png

There are some random pixels in the bottom-left corner. Also, I'm trying to figure out how to get the "Press Start" button to blink right. When it blinks off, a white rectangle takes it place. Anyone know how I can fix those problems?

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
I'm helping with a Fire Red hack. My question is concerning the title screen. Here's the title screen here:

2qv9nqb.png

There are some random pixels in the bottom-left corner. Also, I'm trying to figure out how to get the "Press Start" button to blink right. When it blinks off, a white rectangle takes it place. Anyone know how I can fix those problems?

Those blocks happen when you insert a tilemap that is too big, simply reduce it and that'll fix that problem.

Although, i haven't experimented with this, but i think if you keep the the press start tilemap the same except for adding in the extra hieght to add your extra space, it should still blink, but I have no idea if that'll work or not. If that doesn't fix it, then you might as well try a different rom or a different design.

Anyways, after reading the last few comment, I checked up my version of AdvanceMap. I have v1.92 yet I cant add maps. I really need more maps for my starting town...I plan on making the Lab a big maze thingy but I need more maps for room =/
Help. If you know the answer could you email me???
[email protected]
I don't plan on emailing you, because I don't want you to have my email, so I'll answer you're question here and hope you aren't lazy enough to return to this thread and check.

Instead of expanding the map banks, simply replace existing maps, easy to do, it's preorangized, and you'll have less of a cahnce to crash your rom.

Last edited:

Byte me

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
what is the specific program that allows you to create a new legendary pokemon event?

stupid questions are allowed right?

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
Years
Those blocks happen when you insert a tilemap that is too big, simply reduce it and that'll fix that problem.

Although, i haven't experimented with this, but i think if you keep the the press start tilemap the same except for adding in the extra hieght to add your extra space, it should still blink, but I have no idea if that'll work or not. If that doesn't fix it, then you might as well try a different rom or a different design.

One more question, when you say "reduce the tilemap" do you mean change the amount of memory it takes up or the actual size of the map?

558122_DG

Learning how to make mistakes
Years
  • Seen May 27, 2021
download XSE and learn how to script
lol, alternatively if ur a real n00b, PKSVUI has a script gen which will let you do that, or full metal's scriptgen.

One more question, when you say "reduce the tilemap" do you mean change the amount of memory it takes up or the actual size of the map?

You can't reduce the amount of memory it takes up in the rom as far as I would know which when it comes to these type of things in not too much, but I'm about 70% sure he meant the size, that actually helped me out too :P
thnx Blitz care tell us how small we need the pic 2 be?

Last edited:

Destiny.

The Absol Master
Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2019
How do you hack the pokemon in the gamecorner in Pokemon Gold GBC? >.<

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2010
I don't plan on emailing you, because I don't want you to have my email, so I'll answer you're question here and hope you aren't lazy enough to return to this thread and check.

Instead of expanding the map banks, simply replace existing maps, easy to do, it's preorangized, and you'll have less of a cahnce to crash your rom.

You see, ive ran out of map banks for that town and I like to keep everything organized. Its easier for me.

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2014
i want to change the dialogue of a rom i have. that is all, no more, no less. i cannot for the life of me figure out how to do it. can someone please tell me step by step directions on how to do this? pretty much all i need to know is what program to use, how to open the script, and how to save it once it's edited. it's a gba rom by the way. i know that matters regarding the program i need to use.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2010
Link Battles

Hi I am using an emulator like TGB Dual to play pokemon RGBGSC.
I was wondering if anyone knows how to hack into the game, and enable Items (like potion, Xattack etc.) while in linked battles.
Remember, I am using an emulator, and there are no gameshark, pAR or gamegenie codes found for any such thing.
I'll try using a hex editor to hack the ram and see what I can come up with in the meantime.

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years

Uhh, changing the size of the tilemap will affect the memory, is kinda like thinking a big thing takes up more space xD, so just change the size, hence reducing the memory.

You can't reduce the amount of memory it takes up in the rom as far as I would know which when it comes to these type of things in not too much, but I'm about 70% sure he meant the size, that actually helped me out too :P
thnx Blitz care tell us how small we need the pic 2 be?

Actually, you can control how much space an image take up, (which should be painfully obvious) Putting in a large image will take up more space than in the rom than a small image. I'm not sure how big or small the image needs to be, I just know you can't insert a tilemap that is the same size of the screen, simply look for repeating tiles, or you can look at this video on how to use sphere to make the smallest tilemaps possible, but it is really hard to put together since it scrambles the 8x8 tiles.

You see, ive ran out of map banks for that town and I like to keep everything organized. Its easier for me.

Then click on insert maps, select create new space , the map bank, and the number of maps you want to add in. How ever, you're going to have to insert the map in to those new spaces; you can't just draw your map and save

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
Years
Actually, you can control how much space an image take up, (which should be painfully obvious) Putting in a large image will take up more space than in the rom than a small image. I'm not sure how big or small the image needs to be, I just know you can't insert a tilemap that is the same size of the screen, simply look for repeating tiles, or you can look at this video on how to use sphere to make the smallest tilemaps possible, but it is really hard to put together since it scrambles the 8x8 tiles.

Okay then. That's really helpful. I saw the video and know what you are talking about, but now...where can I get sphere? Lol, I've search the Toolbox and googled it and check Whack a Hack and every other hacking site I can think of. Have I overlooked anything?

ville!

Abbysus, abbysus invocat!
Years
is someone can show me how can i edit the asm routine??? if is possible in spanish, cuz' i wanna edit the items to make new evolution items

Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2010
Okay, I have what are probably a some really stupid questions considering I am very, very new at ROM hacking (as in, I started two or three days ago with a very slow internet connection).

1) I am trying to change the look of the outside of Professor Birch's lab to the look of a secret base. The warp works in Advanced Map (when I click the 'Follow warp' button it takes me to the inside of the lab) but in-game it it takes me to ' 's BASE'. What am I doing wrong?

2) How do you make the soft loamy soil already have a berry plant growing? I managed to make the soft loamy soil message come up so I presume I can plant berries there, I just can't get the berry plant to be growing already.

3) How do I get rid of the whole arriving in a moving truck think to now happen? The plot I'm trying to work requires the player to have lived there their entire life.

4) How can I change the kid who doesn't let you past until you have your Pokemon into two people who stand there blocking the way until you have your Pokemon?

Sorry if I'm asking really stupid here or if I'm asking something that has already been answered. I didn't see them so... ^^; Thanks in advance.

1) How did you change it, exactly?
2) Uhm... can I ask why would you need a planted berry? Decoration purposes? Or just to let the player get some berries?
3) If you're patient enough, just wait for me to release A-Intro. It is going to include the truck removing, as well as the X/Y positions editing.
4) It depends what you mean by "changing". Do you want to change the actual sprite, or you want to change his behaviour?

Oh, and welcome to PokéCommunity.

1) I just changed it so it would look like it was a secret base (one of those trees with the vines coming out of it). I did nothing at all to the warp so I don't see why that doesn't work. I met a guy who made an Emerald hack back in 2007 (apparently he made it as a joke to make fun of his old school... O.o) and he tried to fix it but couldn't either...
2) ...Decoration really. ^^; I just think that since in the plot I am trying to execute the playable character has lived in the house for most of their life that the mothers should have gardens out the front. Don't ask me why, but to me gardens give a 'lived in' feel to a house.
3) I think I can wait. ^^ ...Think being the key word. XD; How long do you think that it'll take? (heh, I'm talking like I have a choice here...)
4) Maybe I should have been clearer. ^^; I want the kid that stops you from going into route 101 to become two sprites that don't let you past until you battle one of them (a specific one of them, not just the first you talk to) then let you past if/when you win.

Thank you! ^^

Just bumping these questions. ^^; I haven't gotten any answer to 1 or 2... The others can be ignored if need be since I'll be able to wait for and I'm sure I'll be able to 4 out since someone said something about adding an applymovement thing to the script and such (I understand what that means better than I make it seem like). But that does raise another question.

5) What would happen if you ran into a trainer if you had no Pokemon?/Is it possible to make them just say something until you obtain your starter and if so, how?

ExitWound

Boggle
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016
How do you hack the pokemon in the gamecorner in Pokemon Gold GBC? >.<
If you mean the prize pokemon then you have to edit it in a hex editor unless somebody has made a tool that can do it, which I highly doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back