• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon White Nuzlocke [Video]

ChainedTeapot

Let's Player
Years
Pokémon Nuzlocke?

The basic idea of the Nuzlocke is if a Pokémon faints it effectively "dies" and will be released when possible.

The rules I play by are:

- If a Pokemon faints it is stored in the PC and will never be used again (the reason for this is when I finish or fail the nuzlocke I can have one final look at all my Pokemon)
- Can only catch the first Pokemon per route/cave/town etc. If it is failed to be obtained no other Pokemon from that location can be caught.
- No duplicates, meaning if i have caught the Pokémon already I cannot capture it.
- No catching legendaries (I think there is a point in the game where I have to and if that is the case I will but wont use it and release it when possible)
- All Pokemon will be nicknamed, to give a better relationship with the Pokemon rather it being known as "Oshawott".
- If I can't get any further from say no Pokemon on my team learn the Cut HM it's game over.
- If my whole team faints, it is game over. Even if I still have other Pokémon in my PC.

Why Am I doing this?

I enjoy doing nuzlockes and enjoy Pokemon so why not? I have barely played Pokémon B/W so it is going to be pretty much a blind run through which for me makes it more fun rather than knowing everything that will happen and it may make it more fun to view, on the other hand me getting lost every 5 seconds may not be very fun to watch.

What can you do?

Well if you're into it you can give suggestions on nicknames I can use in future, whether it be your name or a name you quite like or a good name for a Pokémon if I end up obtaining it.

You can also give me tips and hints if you desire if I get completely lost or just ideas on how to get a certain Pokémon in an area or even if it's just explaining something I don't get in an area or correcting my one of many mistakes and giving feedback to the series.

And last of all enjoy.

The videos are still in progress so any feedback given between parts will be noted for the next part.

Parts 1-10
Spoiler:

Part 6
Spoiler:

Part 7
Spoiler:

Part 8
Spoiler:

Part 9
Spoiler:

Part 10
Spoiler:

" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen>" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen>

Part 12
Spoiler:

Part 13
Spoiler:

Part 14
Spoiler:

Part 15:
Spoiler:

Part 16:
Spoiler:

Part 17:
Spoiler:

Part 18:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Part 20
Spoiler:

Parts 21 - 30
Spoiler:

Parts 31-40
Spoiler:

Parts 41 - 43
Spoiler:
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen>" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen>

Last edited:

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Where are you from? That accent is awesome. Cool idea too, although considering how easily you lost interest in playing the games the first couple times I have trouble believing you'll be playing all the way through for this :P Definitely gunna check back though.

ChainedTeapot

Let's Player
Years
The main reason I lost interest my first was due to it being japanese the second was a nuzlocke I wanted to do a comic for but didn't do. Well I did do but I disliked my attempt at it so didn't want to finish it. With recording the nuzlocke I'm more motivated and enjoy it more plus I want to try and finish what I start.

and I'm from Scotland so I have a Scottish accent.

ChainedTeapot

Let's Player
Years
Part 3 is now up

Spoiler:

ChainedTeapot

Let's Player
Years
We now have Part 4

Spoiler:

ChainedTeapot

Let's Player
Years
Hey look it's Part 5

Spoiler:

ChainedTeapot

Let's Player
Years
Part 6 is now up, any name suggestions for the Pokémon at the end are welcome.
Spoiler:

ChainedTeapot

Let's Player
Years
We now have Patrats everywhere in Part 7
Spoiler:

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
I am using your voice as my ringtone. When I finally get a cellphone. (I've been meaning to get one for a while now, but I always spend my cash on something else >__> And now I'm saving up for Metroid Other M, The Zelda DS games, and Bowser's Inside Story. Yes, I'm buying them years after their release, I thought they were crappy games back then.)
Actually, it reminds me of this one TV character but I don't remember the name. Somehow, that voice also pops an image of James into my head, even though that it is defineteley not the TV character I'm reminded of (I don't even know why, James sounds nothing like you)

Anyway, after Route 3 comes Nacrene City as you obviously would know, and to the left is a forest (you said you played the beginning so I guess this is nothing new for you). HOPE THE FIRST POKEMON YOU ENCOUNTER IS FIGHTING TYPE. Now, this could be influeced because I'm currently playing VoltWhite for my challenge (in VoltWhite Lenora is infernal), but I've also played the originals and Lenora isn't as easy as she looks. In a Nuzlocke losing a single pokemon is a big loss, so catch a fighting type or grind A LOT. Also, either dump Patrat at the PC or use it as an HM slave. Trust me, you don't want to have to train too many pokemon, and Stoutland does everything Patrat can do, only better.

Good luck.

And remember, when *if* you were to hypothetically get a Lickitung YOU MUST NAME IT TENTE OR DIE.

Last edited:

ChainedTeapot

Let's Player
Years
When I first played the Japanese version I only got to the desert so everything after there is new for me, even though my last nuzlocke stopped when I got to Nacrene City. So I don't remember much of it too well or the Pokémon I will find. Not wanting to level grind too much but I guess there will be points where I will need to.

And if I somehow find a Lickitung I say nickname it TENTE.

Anyway Part 8 is now up ):
Spoiler:

ChainedTeapot

Let's Player
Years
Part 9 is now up
Spoiler:

ChainedTeapot

Let's Player
Years
Part 10 is now live with several extra Timburr...
Spoiler:

Last edited:

ChainedTeapot

Let's Player
Years
Part 11 is now up with the evilness that is Lenora ):
Spoiler:

ChainedTeapot

Let's Player
Years
Part 12 is now up and if this part has told me anything, I really need to level grind now ;-;
Spoiler:

ChainedTeapot

Let's Player
Years
Part 13 is up which seems to be a Petilil Part seeing as I seem to battle them 99% of the time...
Spoiler:

ChainedTeapot

Let's Player
Years
Been pretty busy as of late so not as frequent with the parts but here is the next part.

Part 14:
Spoiler:

ChainedTeapot

Let's Player
Years
Been pretty busy to post here but should hopefully be more active now <3

Part 15:
Spoiler:

Part 16:
Spoiler:

Part 17:
Spoiler: