• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Maxwell felt the light touch of a human finger in his side. He looked over to find that it was Genevieve who had poked him, apparently she wanted to apologize. The young boy stared at his girlfriend for a moment, the yellow eyes on his mask seemed to glimmer for some reason. He wasn't sure what he had done or when he did it, maybe it was when Genevieve stomped away angrily? Err... He had been way too concentrated on the battle with Skye, which he realized that he was now going to lose. He turned his gaze back at the battle and said:

"I'm not sure what you're-" he stopped for a moment, deciding to just go with it. That seemed like the best alternative for now, "Hey look, no need to apologize okay? I'm the one who should be sorry after all. So, I'm terribly sorry, can you forgive me?"

It might not have been the smartest thing to say while he was quite clearly concentrating on the undergoing battle. Maxwell was actually a bit worried of how Genevieve would react.

Meanwhile, Quillie was still a bit amazed that he managed to pull off Eruption... Granted it was not nearly as strong as a normal Eruption, nor did it have the same shape. But still, ever since he could remember, Quillie had been completely unable to use his most powerful move. He had heard that it was an inheritation from his father, although he had never seen any proof of his father being alive, he was still certain that he was out there. Anyway. Quille noticed the Dark Pulse intercepting his move, this made him even more furious as his flames grew even bigger. No, he wasn't going to let Rama win. No, not after insulting not only him, but also Maxwell. NO and he wasn't going to let the Zoura's trainer enjoy the pleasure of having his Pokémon beat Quille.

The Quilava saw that thumb gesture, as did Maxwell. If the truth was to be told, Maxwell got a bit annoyed by Skye's down-thumbing. Sure the battle was soon over, he had ensured his victory by taking out Katam and Wilson while keeping Volca and Ellie un-fainted. But he still didn't have to act all that high and mighty. Sigh, maybe Maxwell misinerpreted the whole gesture completely? Skye wasn't too clear on what he meant sometimes...

Quillie just got more and more furious, if that is even possible. His feet started glowing as he charged up a dose of Double Kick, he rammed into the collision between the Eruption and the Dark Pulse not thinking at all about his actions. Urrgh, it hurt, it hurt sooo bad. But the Quilava still gritted his teeth, enveloped in two attacks at the same time and kept going towards Rama. This ought to show that stupid fox not to mess with him.

The Immortal One

Life... Challenge Accepted!
Years
Byron MacTavish
But Byron found it hard to sleep. How could he? It was his first day at the academy and he hadn't done anything other than find his room. That wasn't how his first day was going to go. That wasn't how he wanted to remember it.

Byron opened Combusken's Pokeball and released him from it. Combusken looked confused. He didn't really understand why Byron was letting him out.

"We're going out to look around Combusken," Byron said.

Combusken gave Byron a look that said "I don't understand why you are doing this?" before walking over to the hand the wielded his Pokeball. He touched it and before Byron's eyes, went back inside.

Party-pooper, Byron thought.

Byron put on his newly acquired Suicune Dorm academy jacket which the colour of made him want to burn it because of how florescent, placed Combusken's Pokeball on his belt and left to explore the campus.

Last edited:

Fujimori Tohru

The Dreamer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 10, 2012
Hiromu smiled and shook Daniel's hand with a firm, yet warm hold, already feeling like he were establishing a friendship. "The name's Hiromu. Hiromu Sakura. I come from the Unova region, myself. And again, Lucario are pretty awesome Pokemon!" He and Luco then watched the pair as they went through a pretty amusing scenario just now. Hiromu snickered a bit, whereas Luco simply grinned and nodded to Alexis in reply.

"Ruu aaa raa..." 'Yes, it would seem so. No worries. Hiromu does his share as well.'

Hiromu then in turn lightly nudged Luco's shoulder as though he had overheard the conversation. "Hey now~. Don't go around giving me a bad name in front of the new guys!", he chuckled softly. At this point, another person soon arrived greeting them with a rather upbeat air about him. Didn't take long for Hiromu to already put him on the cool person list.

He'd place his hands behind his head with a big grin, before giving a thumbs up and a nod. "Hey! The more, the merrier! Plus, we might be able to find out if we all go to the same dorm or not! Would be pretty sweet if you ask me."

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
"Oh, uh, he's teaching some advanced theory class about types and how they, like interact and stuff, and helping students come up with cool strategies for their pokemon."

Lincoln shrugged. He knew exactly what his dad was teaching of course, it was a class for super intelligent trainers who wanted to take their strategy to the next level. And he couldn't fault his dad in that department, his dad had helped Linc come up with some great strategies for his own pokemon, but...

Why get a loser to teach kids how to be winners?

He dropped down into a squat and grinned at the Raichu.

"Well I don't have any like this beauty, you can believe that bro. When people say they got a healthy glow they don't got anythin' on you, do they Raichu?"

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Daniel Sabrak

Alexis tilted her head to the side as Linc squatted down, looking him over for a while before a smile spread on her lips, a few sparks erupting from her cheeks.

"Ai rai ch-ai." 'What a charmer. It's not often humans of their age act like that.'

Daniel chuckled and nodded his head with a bright smile, clearly proud of his partner and friend, lifting a hand from his pocket to rub the back of his neck.

"Yeah, she's pretty amazing alright. Her and I, we've been together for quite a while."

Alexis sent him a glance, to which Daniel responded with a grin, shrugging his shoulders.

"Well, it's true! Advanced strategy, hmh? Maybe we should take that class..."

Standing quiet for a moment while thinking, he then shook his head, turning back to Hiromu, nodding his head eagerly.

"Yeah! That's be pretty awesome!"

These guys are really cool. I hope everyone here is like them.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Genevieve

Genevieve smiled at him and took his hand "it's okay, I just over reacted that's all" she whispered "i really didn't mean to snap at you, I was just worried about Toto, but he's fine now" she added looking down at the small Zorua asleep in the basket. Genevieve smiled and leaned her head on Maxwell's shoulder "how's the battle?" she asked softly.

Rosalyn

Rosalyn sighed and nodded dropping the subject and absentmindedly rubbing the spot on her arm that was starting to bruise "is the egg still moving?" she asked him quietly "you can probably expect it to hatch soon if it stopped for the moment" she added following him as they entered the forest "umm, d-do you know where your going? I thought the academy was the other way" she added.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Linc laughed at the Raichu's reaction.

"Well it's good to meet you. My names Lincoln." He turned his head towards the Lucario, then looked up to Hiromu. "I'm guessing your buddy here is a Lucario? It's got some pretty unusual colourings."

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Skye

Skye blinked. Was Maxwell annoyed with him about something? Oh the gesture. Dear Zekrom. The boy held up his hand toward Maxwell, repeated the gesture, then pointed at Rama, who was running back to stand by the opponent trainer. Shouting would not work right now. He thought Maxwell would have caught on by now. There was no victor here. Skye sighed. Sometimes he wished he could talk properly. It would have saved some time. Pala tugged at his leg and let herself be lifted up into the air again.

Rama snorted as Skye attempted to explain. "Your human's a moron. We've been dancing around each other for ages and he hasn't figured this out. Don't you get it hothead? This is over." He coughed a bit and flew backwards as the Double Kick slammed into his tiny body, sending him tumbling to Maxwell's feet. He skidded and coughed, getting back to his paws. Rama shook off the ringing in his ears and barked in annoyance. "Jeezus... so much for some freaking good will around here. I've learned my lesson all over again. Pride comes before a fall... but so do idiots.

Steadying himself, he charged forward, right paw glowing with a dark energy. He leaped toward Quillie, punching with that paw. At the last second he switched with Faint Attack, headbutting him instead.

Skye would have facepalmed if he had the energy. These two were way too similar.

Fujimori Tohru

The Dreamer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 10, 2012
Hiromu smiled and nodded in reply, Luco doing the same in its usual mirror-motion habit. "Yep! This here is my partner, Luco. He is pretty different from the usual Lucario. But I like it. Gives me more of that 'Guardian' kind of feeling than they normally have. But that's a minor trait compared to what we share." It was here that Luco grinned a bit, closing its eyes as it held out an arm, Hiromu bumping his own to it lightly with a much more calm and optimistic air about him.

"Luco and I...we're partners to the end. We look out for each other, train each other...we practically do EVERYTHING together!" It was here that the a hand clasped with a paw, squeezing lightly as Aura emanated around their grasp. "Besides, with us as a combo, there's reason why folks back at home call us the 'Champions of Aura'!", he said with a laugh, which in turn made Luco shake his head a bit.

"Raa..." 'Getting carried away again...'

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
"Well that sounds pretty awesome bro. I ain't called anythin' special myself, but you can all call me Linc if you like. How about we get this tour started anyway?"

Linc smiled and stood back up, dusting off his legs. It wasn't that he didn't want to talk about his own pokemon, but even though fossil pokemon were no longer the unbelievable sight they once were, they were still pretty unusual. He had enough "weird new guy" stuff going for him with his dad as a teacher for now.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Daniel Sabrak​

Daniel watched the two doing their near perfectly coreographed motions, his eyes widening a little, seeming rather impressed.

"Luco and I...we're partners to the end. We look out for each other, train each other...we practically do EVERYTHING together!"

He started smiling brightly, glancing over to Alexis, who responded to his glance by flicking her tail in the air behind her, another few sparks emitting from her cheeks.

"Trust me, Alex' and I know how that feels. Champions of Aura? That sounds like a pretty impressive title!"

Daniel was overly impressed by this guy and his Lucario. If Hiro' was bluffing, he was doing it -extremely- well, but his confidence in his and Luco's friendship seemed to make Daniel feel a little taller, if only for a few moments.

Alexis glanced to Luco as he muttered, a small snicker escaping her, the light around her becoming more apparant as the sun continued to set behind the horizon.

"Chaaai, ruu. A-rai?" 'He's really proud of you. You must both be really strong?'

"So, uh... anyway! What kind of things should we know about the academy? Like, dorms and where the mess hall is and... uh."

He sent a glance to Linc' for a moment before grinning sheepishly, looking back at Hiro'.

"Well, everything, really! Maybe we should get going on the tour before it gets too dark? Alex's light isn't going to keep much of the dark away."

Fujimori Tohru

The Dreamer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 10, 2012
Luco seemed to blush just a little bit as it folded its arms and looked away.

"R-raa aauu..." 'Y-yes well...we're still growing ourselves...'

Hiromu chuckled before standing upright, waving a hand for them to follow "Yeah, well, it's just a title. Doesn't really mean anything. Just people kind of over-embellishing on us kinda. Anyway, let's go ahead and start that tour! I'll start you off with the Academy tonight. The rest of the island can wait for the morning." That said, Hiromu began guiding Daniel and Lincoln through the massive structure, showing them all of the classrooms, the gym areas, the cafeteria/shop/mailing room, and even the indoor stadium!

"THIS by far is my favorite part! This is usually where practical exams are held, but if you can get a teacher to supervise, I'm sure some matches in here wouldn't be too bad either. Otherwise, we'd usually have to do it outside."

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Daniel Sabrak​

Alexis seemed to smile slightly wider, the bond between the two clearly visible. She lifted a paw and gave Luco's back a little pat.

"Chhai, chu!" 'There's no need to sell yourself short, I'm sure each of your battles are amazing!'

Daniel, only briefly glancing at the two Pokémon then looked back to Hiro' and nodded his head with a smile and a determined look in his eyes.

"Alright, sounds fair! Lead the way, Hiro'!"

As they began walking, Daniel glanced back at Alexis to make sure she was following along. And sure enough, she was trotting merrily along just behind him, turning her head left and right to take in the sights.

Daniel himself seemed fairly impressed with the academy, until they reached the indoor stadium, his jaw dropping slightly.

"Holy sh-... wow, this looks -amazing-! I mean, I knew the academy was fantastic, but this is just... blowing my mind! Have you been here for long, Hiro? Have you taken any exams in here?"

He tore his gaze away from the stadium to look over at Hiro, his mind buzzing with a huge array of questions, though he managed to hold himself back, not wanting to seem over-eager.

Kid Mind

In SPACE!
Years
((OOC: Sorry for the short post, don't really have the time to be on the computer right now =/ ))

''No problem...just glad to help!'' Oscar responded with a awkward grin on his face. He wondered a little about how this boy knew Oscar's name but decided to not think too much about it. He was just happy that the boy and his Pikachu were okay now.

''So...what really happened back there?'' He asked with a curious look, still being a bit confused about the whole thing. It was clear that it hadn't been something arranged and that Oscar interfering had been a good thing, but he still wanted to know. As he awaited a response, Arya was still in his arms, even though she had gained a bit of her strength back and was currently taking in the surroundings.

''Oh yeah, I almost forgot to ask. What's your name?'' Oscar sheepishly put in at the end.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
" I'm Rafael and the three of them were picking on me and Pikachu and my Pikachu shocked them and we were forced into a battle. " He said in a soft voice and smiled. Pikachu hopped into my arms and looked at Arya.

" Thank you for helping me Arya " Pikachu said to the Misdrevus with a smile on its face. It hopped off my arms and circled around Oscar a few times and gave him a friendly little shock. After he delivered the little shock Pikachu hopped on Rafael's shoulder and shocked him and his hair stood up. Rafael then looked at Oscar and the Misdrevus.

" I am really grateful for you helping me out. Here give this to your Misdrevus " Rafael handed him an Oran berry and hoped that he would give it to the hurt Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
"Woah dude, this place is awesome!" Linc exclaimed, looking around the indoor stadium. "Like, the rest of the place is cool, but this is where it's gotta be at! We totally need to get some battles going on in here sometime! We can probably get my pops to supervise it."

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Maxwell quietly let out a sigh of relief, Genevieve wasn't angry at him. Although she had been worried about Toto. Yeah no surprise there, a little baby-Pokémon abandoned by it's mother in a abandoned dorm and a fever on top of that. It was some pretty intense stuff alright. She then asked about the battle,

"Eh, not going too good. Skye is pretty awesome at battling." Maxwell said with a slightly nervous laugh.

Meanwhile, Slackey had noticed that Genevieve came back to Maxwell accompanied by a basket presumably containing Toto. A grin suddenly appeared on the Slakoth's face, he crawled on the ground towards the couple. He stopped by the basket and rose up from the ground. To his delight, the baby Zoura seemed to be safe and sound inside of the basket. The little guy was probably really exhausted and Slackey couldn't bring himself to disturb Toto. So he just reached down and started to gently stroke the Zoura over his head as if to show that everything was going to be okay.

Maxwell gently facepalmed and gave off a groan as Skye redid the gesture. NOW he got it! As a sign of his newly-found understanding the young boy raised his thumb high up in the air. Yeah, that was a pretty severe situation. Quillie was clearly exhausted by the battle, he had started to pant heavily and big sweatdrops had broken out of his forehead.

The Quilava's legs could be seen falter a bit as he hit the ground. Damn, that Zoura was persistent. As the Faint Attack connected, Quillie tried to stand his ground. His paws dug deep into the soil as he attempted to stay and fight, unfortunately his legs didn't quite handle it all too well. Quillie fell on the ground and formed some sort of pile there, Maxwell was now certain that his last Pokémon was down and out. But then, something happened, Quillie got back up on his legs and stared Rama down with a red, flaming, piercing gaze.

[D-Don't you think that you've won yet...] he paused to cough, [I-I-I'm not finished, y-you're going down!] he slumped a bit, but it didn't matter. Quillie was determined to freaking BEAT this guy, [I will not be t-taken down easily. I will stand my ground until the enemy is gone. If something stands in my way, I'll destroy it.] Quillie got up again and opened his mouth. [I'll never back down to anyone...
JUST.
WHO.
THE.
HELL.
DO.
YOU.
THINK.
I.
AM??!!!] he roared out the last part of the sentence and bit down on Rama's paw. He than started to charge warm enery through his veins, a Fire-move was coming. If he couldn't fight any more, then he was at least taking Rama down with him. Then came the explosion from the stored Eruption, it was loud and clear, remimding everyone close by that stuff was happening here.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Skye

Skye sighed in relief. Thank God. He watched Quillie stand back up with a tiny chuckle. Stubborn indeed. He could see a rivalry in the works. Rama was not as angry as Quillie but determination was in their blood.Maybe they were somehow related. Well that was an amusing thought. Skye sighed a little and smiled. He made a chirping noise in the back of his throat. Rama growled.

God he hated this. He couldnt believe he had to lose to stoke this idiot's ego. God darn it. He sighed and planted his paws in the earth. This would hurt. "I think you're an idiot with a bigger ego than me. But thats fine. All kids should be coddled once." The Eruption struck him clear across the face, sending him spiraling to the ground and knocked out.

The Immortal One

Life... Challenge Accepted!
Years
Byron MacTavish

Byron opened up his map and took a look at it. There was so much he had to see in so little time, the classrooms, cafeteria, Pokémart, Pokemon Centre and the gyms. But Byron saw one thing that caught his eye and he had to see it first. It was the indoor stadium.

Wow, now that I have to see! Byron thought.

Byron pulled Combusken's Pokeball off his belt and was about to open it when he remembered that Combusken wasn't in the mood to walk around. Combusken liked his sleep and Byron respected his choice to do so and placed the ball back on his belt.

I don't think awakening him will do me any favours, nor the rest of the people around.

Byron noticed the amount of people walking around the campus was getting less getting lesser and lesser. It made Byron at ease to not be around as many people.

Byron stepped inside the indoor stadium. He couldn't believe what he was looking at, an arena that was a nice size, perfect for Pokemon battling. Byron was just itching to battle someone. But then he remembered how Combusken wasn't in the mood to do anything but sleep.

Byron turned his attention away from the arena itself and towards a group of boys. One had a Riachu, the other a Sheildon and the third an oddly coloured Lucario. The Lucario certainly caught Byron's eye, as he knew Lucario's to be blue and black and not a snow white. It was certainly a sight to see. Byron wanted to go over and talk to them, but Byron wasn't good at meeting new people so he just walked away.

As Byron walked away, he tripped over his feet. Combusken's Pokeball fell off of his belt and rolled towards the three boys.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Daniel Sabrak

Standing on the outskirts of the arena itself, Daniel stared into the huge ceiling, letting out a quiet "Woow...". He was about to turn his head and respond to Linc', when he heard a noise behind him. He turned around, seeing a boy stumbling to keep his footing and a pokéball rolling towards him.

He bent down and picked it up without much thought and stepped over to him, smiling as he held it out for him to take.

"Hey there. I think you dropped this. We were just admiring the stadium... me and Linc' here are new to the academy."

He motioned over to Linc', and then to Hiromu.

"That's Hiromu. He's showing us around real quick, since it's pretty late. Oh! And I'm Daniel. Hey there."

He smiled warmly, Alexis staying behind as she idly strolled about the edge of the stadium, her tail flicking left and right, lifting her head to take in the scent of the area.

Back