• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Must...get that....Apricorn.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Apricorns! They come in all shapes and sizes,round,soft,squishy,red,blue,white,yellow,pink...the appearances it can take are endless! They drop off small trees daily for you to pick and keep in a little Apricon Box given to you by a man on Route 30. I'd say they're literally everywhere- in small,routes,near huge cities...in forests and murky dark places. Sometimes you'll have to do tricky puzzles or use HMs to reach certain Apricorns.

Apricorns have a purpose-not just collecting :3. They can be used to be exchanged for various Pokeballs which will aid you in catching all of those stubborn Pokemon lurking around.So did you find a good purpose of them? Do you just pick them up throughout your journey...or do you put in that little effort to go back and collect some more?

Maybe you think differently? Is it useless...serves nothing...shouldn't exist?

But yeah,just post your opinion on these small fruits here :D!

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I always collect the apricorns, but since now I got every pokemon there is that you can catch by the game. i don't really need them anymore lol. Since I just gotta get the other pokemon by trade or Pokewalker. But I trade lots of dittos, so sometimes the pokeballs made by apricorn helps too :)

#isthenumbersign
Years
It's just a good feeling handing over like 50 Apricorns to Kurt. So naturally I pick them up every time I see one. Except that stupid route with the cut tree and Suicune.

Years
I think my cousin at one point had so many of a certain type of Apricorn that he couldn't actually pick them off the tree and put it in his bag (he then proceeded to get 99 Poke Balls made by Kurt).

I didn't use the Apricorns all that often, but it was nice to see they provided more use than just as Poke Balls this time around (can be turned into Aprijuice for the Pokeathlon).

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
At the beginning I used to get every single one I saw. However as I progressed throughout the game, I just couldn't be bothered collecting them. Especially if they required a HM (like Cut) to get to. I did find them quite useful, in regards to how they can be turned into Pokeballs, however, it wasn't until I obtained fly that I found a real chance to use them.

Years
I did use Apricorns a fair bit in SoulSilver, but I mainly used them for Aprijuice rather than Poke Balls. But it's still nice we get an extra purpose for them this time around.

ArcanaFlaera

Guard of the Generation
Years
I still do pick the ones that I can get ( If I have an HM on me, I'll grab them all. )
I don't really use the pokeballs made my Kurt. I enjoy the pokeathelon far too much, and use them on Aprijuice.

Years
Apricorns were a fun and unique addition to the game that I enjoyed as something to do on the side as the story progressed. I used them mostly for Pokeballs, though. I don't think I used them for anything other then that.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I don't think i picked up too many apricorns, the ones i did pick i made them into Aprijuice.I didn't make too many of them into pokeballs

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
I like to make Pokeballs out of apricorns, however i'm pretty useless at the moment of catch pokemons so those specific pokeballs like "Heavy ball" or "Level Ball" are totally wasted.

Years
I never use them at all. They aren't too useful to me and and I admittedly had no idea you needed them to make aprijuice for the Pokeathlon until I read through some of the posts here. XD; I do collect them though, but that's cause I have an obsession with not leaving items behind!

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I just collect apricorns, but I don't really use them. In fact, I never use them. Whenever I see a fruiting apricorn tree, I just have to collect them. I can't leave it uncollected. Must have something to do with me liking to collect things in real life.

In the past, I've given random apricorns to Kurt the ballmaker and get a random ball, but now I just stick to the normal Ultra Balls. Too much effort lol. lazy me

I've never made any Aprijuice before. I signed up out the Pokeathlon without them just because I could. Guess that's just lazy me again. Trolol.

Last edited:

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
I never bothered using any other kind of balls other than the regular Poké balls and Ultra balls.
And the Master balls on roamers, too.

Sirfetch’d

For the pure Nostalgia factor I picked them all early, but then it got old quick.

weasel king

Cubone Lord and Dragon Master
Years
They are useful for things.

Mostly you can get heavies, loves, and levels; those are the best

Max'd_Out

Keyblade Master
Years
I used them more in SS than I did in the original Silver, mostly because you could use them for the ApriJuice in the Pokeathlon. However, still used them for Pokeballs on occasion, esp for Lure Balls.

Back