• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2016
Great hack, but will you put old rivals like Crys ore Leaf on your new island?

Zel said crystal wont be a rival because shes the heroine and they did that in fire red and he wants it to be GOLD. As for leaf i dont even know who that is. :P. Hoping Cryystal IS who you were talking about.

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2011
I have some questions about Shiny Gold: Are you going to make an silver remake after you finished Shiny Gold? And have you got a remixed version of the theme, wich apears while a Rocket grunt seas you and wants to battle you? Someone from youtube has found it as an secret music in Ruby/ Saphire. Here`s the link: http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=-8YS9XOLlKQ

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I have some questions about Shiny Gold: Are you going to make an silver remake after you finished Shiny Gold? And have you got a remixed version of the theme, wich apears while a Rocket grunt seas you and wants to battle you? Someone from youtube has found it as an secret music in Ruby/ Saphire. Here`s the link: http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=-8YS9XOLlKQ

Zel isn't making a Silver remake. Also, I think Beta 6 will have remixed Rocket music..

El Moss

General Cool Guy
Years

Shiny Gold is a silver remake AND a gold remake... AND MORE!!! Yay, Shiny Gold... I've just gone against my own last post but I couldn't resist...

Also, about the whole getting people to know the basics maybe Zel could change the first post so that just above the downloads is the saving info. It's their own fault for not reading about it, but it is slightly annoying...

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
Years
Zel did just add the saving issues to the Bugs list on the first page! Everyone check there please and please try cut down on spamming this thread.

Giovanni Boss

Team Rocket's Head
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 10, 2023
In manga Silver is Giovanni's son, actually, but he doesn't command TR. And would be really weird, considering Silver's personality.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Zel: No, in GSC these moves were not TM moves, they could be learned by a move tutor Goldenrod for some game corner coins (but yeah it was only in crystal version, but i think i'm not the only one who you would make happy with these moves ^^). TM moves were the elemental punches.

Well, you can be happy because BOTH the elemental punches and the Thunderbolt/IceBeam/Flamethrower combo are all TMs (I had my doubts about having it this way, but I think the punches are an asset from the GBC-gen)

And i think all us who've been here for a while are sick of the save issues, and that happens because ppl DON'T check the 1st page, they only care about is the download and the page they're posting in. I think the only way to solve this would be to put a header on each page telling ppl to go to the 1st page for all those issues, but unfortunatly i don't think the forums (or vbulletin at all) support that...

We'll just have to stand them a bit longer, but once I change the "Please Exchange Memory" with more detailed instructions about what to do to make the game work, people will realize what to do and those messages will drastically disappear.

Ah it's not so hard, if i knew anything about scripting i would ask permission to make a XX version...
The problem would be that in the X version the pokes will reach lv. anyway, so it would be a question of filling up falkners team and such

My idea is that having low level wild Pokemon makes the training harder, considering you face harder trainers. That's why I left the wild Pokemon as in the "normal" version.

Additionally, having all the leaders and other people have full parties right from the start doesnt sound like a good idea. It'd lose a bit of the "normality" of every Pokemon game.

And in the end, we know that the real challenge is always in battling real people. Despite all the efforts you can put, the machine's AI will always give its best to ruin all your strategies >.<

I have a few questions about you're post. 1.
What do you mean "the user"? 2.
What is "MD"? And, are you talking about, the overworld or, the sprite you see in battle (like I was)? 3. Please keep in mind; I have not created a great hack like SG (or finnished ANY hack for that matter) so please forgive my meny questions. You're post has given me an idea, maybe the gyarados could swim in circles (due to its rage), and perhaps (if you like this idea), if you're directly in front of it it triggers the battle. I am aware that the gyarados is stationary in pokemon gold but i think it would be a nice adition to the game, I am not sure if this is posible (or if you want to do it)
but, this is YOU'RE GAME and you must do as you see fit, no-matter what anyone says, and, I'm sure this will be a spectaculer game, no wait, I KNOW IT WILL.

the dark one.

p.s.
feal free to use my idea in anyway you see fit (including editting it).

I was just refering that I didnt remember if you were the person who sent me the Farfetch'd sprite a few months ago (I still have the PM, though ;)), just that.

For 2, I was refering to the overworld, because Pokemon will get resprites from Marnic (but, not sure if ALL of them, most likely the Johto ones will have one)

And 3, sounds... interesting. I'll think about it.

well i found out my tms were nevver lost but somehow were(and still are) just inaccessable...but idk if this is the place to ask but...in the newer download i got...i tested the gameshark wpm to find mudkip but...i couldnt...then i used the EXACT same code to find it in the other shiny gold game and...i found it...how can a code for a single game be useable in one copy and unuseable in the other when theyre both the same thing?!?!?!?!?! someone please help me on this!!!

abyssthesavior

*click!* DOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMSSSSDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!!!!!! *abyss's music plays*

I dont know neither. But, since the problem resides in the use of a cheat I dont care about the problem. Sad, but being honest, I dont like cheats nor cheaters.

zel, that last minigame's worth the challenge! im am drooling for beta6 (jokes!)

BTW to all the GSC music fanatics, i've included two versions of the low-pitched johto wild pokemon battle (due to insistent public demand). click in the link under my signature.

Hope you and Maginus will be around during the next week, because I'll start with the music insertion and I may need a hand or two :)

Earlier I posted that if you don't get the everstone from elm until after you beat the pkmn league, you can't get the master ball, well there's another glitch I found, I was playing, and some pokeballs just appeared in the balls slot, AND 1 OF THEM WAS A MASTERBALL!!! Anyway you should fix both because it could work the other way around: ie: you lose some balls.

Havent you used any cheat? Because for me the game is quite stable, and unless the weird problem happens to me, I cant work on a solution for a problem that I dont have.

Dude, Team Rocket has Executives to give commands to them.

In the original they were trying to make Giovanni come back, but Gold/Crystal makes their plans fail. That's part of the GSC plot and cannot be changed. It wouldnt be Gold otherwise.

Hey zel are you going to include the day/night system?

Not in my list of priorities. I leave open the possibility in a future but it's not like "Oh, I'm desperate to have day/night in my game", if it happens, it happens, if not...

---

Alright. As I said in one of my earlier posts, I'll be asking for the thread to be closed for another while. I have finished all the minigames which means I wont have anything to show until I start to beta test. And for that, I need to finish the last puzzle of the Trick House (in the end, seemed that I had planned three puzzles instead of two); then, decide and insert the tracks clonex and Magnius have been showing you; finally, do the heavy first run of bug fixing. After that, comes the beta testing and the thread will be reopened.

I guess the bug fixing is what will get me more busy, unless we get problems while inserting tracks (I doubt it), but, of course, I have no idea of how much time it'll require. Bug fixing is tedious so if I'm not with the best mood, it could take a while. Of course, if you will ask me in PMs or Profile messages "when will you release Beta6?", you will get my usual "I dont know" for answer (if you get any, I may not reply to you if I'm annoyed enough '-_-)

Alright. The thread will be closed, so dont waste your time in asking me anything here. Better do it in the Profile if you have anything really important to ask.
And, if you have a question about Gameplay, the SG Help Thread is still open, so post there: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=123140

That's all. Till I reopen the thread (I'll still be active on the forums, just in case you were wondering... Oh well, as active as I can be, you are probably used to my scarce activity, arent you?)

PokemonBroski

I'm Back for Good!
Years
So much nostalgia looking at this post right now. This was the Pokemon Hack that got me started loving Pokemon so much again. Thank you for that Zel. Man, I wonder if this ever got finished. I'll have to play the game again and get nostalgia galore!

PokemonBroski

I'm Back for Good!
Years
I hope life is well for him. Crazy how much changes throughout the years if you think about it. This was made when I was like barely in high school. Now I've been graduated for over 4 years! lol.

I doubt that will ever happen though, seeing as zel hadn't been online here for years now. :/

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
Man. I remember how eagerly i would visit this thread as a child with the hope of seeing a new download. Tsk, pity it never happened.

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
I was all excited to see this thread alive again, but sadly it's just a revive...

Sephirothxx

Likes Ruby version
Years
Awww, I thought an update had been posted. You guys had me so excited.
Maybe one of these days it'll be finished. I've been following this hack since... probably my 7th grade year. *sighs* One day, maybe.

Back