• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaMaccer

If a tree falls in a forest
Years
For those who don't know me, I'm Mac, the guy with the Fakemon ^^
I'm hacking fire red, and want to edit the background palette for the start of the rom where you choose whether you are male or female. I'm sure its easy enough to do, but I'm just not sure of the offset, or exactly how to do it :P Can anyone help?

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
Years
For those who don't know me, I'm Mac, the guy with the Fakemon ^^
I'm hacking fire red, and want to edit the background palette for the start of the rom where you choose whether you are male or female. I'm sure its easy enough to do, but I'm just not sure of the offset, or exactly how to do it :P Can anyone help?

Hmm. Well I think that you would use UNLZ to change the colors but for the palette you could probably get APE (Advanced Palette Editor) to do you job.

DarkPrince304

Back to Hacking after exams!!!
Years
@Mega Maccer:
This is it: 00460568

I am saying my question again
1st: What's the Tile Molester Offset of the Intro Hero in Fire Red
I am having problems editing it in black and white colours
So I have the Pallet Offset ready and I just need the Sprite Offset :)

2nd:
How do I change the sprite frame of a sprite on the same spot it is standing in a script?

Please help me :(

Vednix

:D
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 13, 2010
@Mega Maccer:
This is it: 00460568

I am saying my question again
1st: What's the Tile Molester Offset of the Intro Hero in Fire Red
I am having problems editing it in black and white colours
So I have the Pallet Offset ready and I just need the Sprite Offset :)

2nd:
How do I change the sprite frame of a sprite on the same spot it is standing in a script?

Please help me :(

You've posted your question twice on the same page. If necessary, PM someone who knows what they're doing. otherwise, dont keep positng the same question over and over.

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2010
hi,
has anybody a real time clock (ips) fix for pokemon Emerald? I play it on a supercard miniSD (flash card for GBA).

regards pizzaM4N

Last edited:

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
Just compiling the script and allocating it to a script tile isn't working. I wanted to see if it would freeze if I set the unknow to 0000 and the variable number to 0000 as well, and it did. Yet I tried using the 0300 and 4050 from the diegoisawesome's tutorial and they didn't work.

So, does anyone know if there are particular numbers we need to use for unknown and variable number to get a script to work? ...and if so, how do we figure them out?

Instead of 0300 try 0003 and 4050.Thats what I use and it works.Also it can be different if you dont have the newest advanced map,but it should be that.

monkeyman2092

Aipom Awesome!!
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2009
I have a few questions...

1. When I use a script editor to edit texts, a msgbox may copy itself into another msgbox and screw up the text.
2. When I try to load a picture into UNLZ.gba, it says this error: "Error Image not indexed"
3. Sometimes my scripts ruin themselves

Vednix

:D
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 13, 2010

1. When I use a script editor to edit texts, a msgbox may copy itself into another msgbox and screw up the text.
2. When I try to load a picture into UNLZ.gba, it says this error: "Error Image not indexed"

I can answer number 2 for ya.

For it to be indexed,. it needs to be in 16 colour bit mode. To do this, you'll need some image editing softer that can lower the bit rate. the most popular is IrfanView

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years

1. Well that's why it's a script editor and not a text Lol. But if you're adding more text, it's not safe especially when there's another script right after the one you're editing.

When you add, you overwrite the next bytes, and since the next bytes are used and not Free space, XSE doesn't repoint the script or something similar to that. All you have to do is decompile the script, and replace the offset "0x8105925" with a dynamic one "@msg" and insert a #dynamic tag at the top of the full script. XSE will auto-replace it for you ;)

2. Download IrfanView, and open the picture. Goto Image->Decrease Color depth->click on either 256, or 16 colors->Click OK, and Save file.

It's not the script. Because the script doesn't have a brain or thought processes XD
Maybe you should post, so we can help you.

Lyzo

Back from vacation
Years
Ok, I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the script that I'm using, but it should work...

So, my problem is, I made a script where you see a poké ball, you click it, it shows a picture of a pokemon, asks if you want it yes/no. If no, then ok, choose another one, end script. When you press yes you go on, get the pokemon, fanfair, your rival picks a pokemon and then he leaves...

This all takes place in the lab, with an aid and your rival. Now, my problem is... that after you choose your pokemon, you can choose if you want to give it a name. When you press no the script runs fine and it works as it should. When you press yes the script also works fine... but at the end of the script you don't control the player but the lab assistant... Why's this?

I don't think the script is need... but I'm still posting it xD
Oh, and it's a level script.

Spoiler:

I'll try if it helps to do the name choosing later in the game...
But I'm still wondering why this happens, so if anyone has an answer please answer :D

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Is the Lab Assitant's movements on Look down? If so change it to No movement. If not, I'll look over the script a bit more.

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2014
intro screen editing problem

please dont eat me if this has already been asked because 400 pages is a bit much to read.

im trying to edit the fire red titlescreen i want to use a new tileset and tilemap i used my own images and got them set up but the files were larger than the originals so i used free space finder to find a new adress i had it save it there then autimaticly repoint but when i start the game either the images are not there or are in about a million peices all over the screen compleatly unrecognizable how can i do this please let me know asap thx.

Doom Chaos

I don't have a title
Years
Me again, but this time this is very very VERY easy. I looked at the tutorial Dante made for the intro hero for Fire Red, but I can't save the BG in .act. Can somebody upload it somewhere I could download it? Everytime I choose the format, it saves it like this: bg.pal. I can't do a thing with that! I tried naming it "bg.act", but still not working! If I change the format manually, it screws the palette up. What the heck...

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
Years
A rather important unLZ.gba problem.

Well I guess I have a simple question, but it's kind of long...

I have a trainer in unLZ. Steven's sprite, to be exact. So I went to import my newly indexed .png file, a steven-ish sprite with a green shirt. I clicked export pallete, and all of the other boxes. No problems, the sprite was editied... However, I go to the previous trainer sprite in the list... and I get this:

Spoiler:

A gentlemen Trainer Sprite with the same pallete as the New stevens'. Not only that, but all of the other trainers before Steven now have a dumb- looking palette in unlZ- all of them have pallete 1039. Now, when I fight a gentleman in the game... He looks normal. He has a totally different pallete than what shows up in unLZ. Sure, this is confusing, but what's more so is that (the new) Steven's in-game sprite now has a discolored palette. However, in unLZ, it looks fine. Also, in every trainer editor I open... all trainer palettes, except Steven's, look normal.

My question is- How can I fix Steven's Palette in game, and the other trainer palettes in unLZ? Is my ROM screwed up? Will I be able to not edit any more trainers? Did I miss something important?

This is quite an important question, seeing as I need to edit the majority of trainers for my hack.

Thank you in advance ^_^

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Me again, but this time this is very very VERY easy. I looked at the tutorial Dante made for the intro hero for Fire Red, but I can't save the BG in .act. Can somebody upload it somewhere I could download it? Everytime I choose the format, it saves it like this: bg.pal. I can't do a thing with that! I tried naming it "bg.act", but still not working! If I change the format manually, it screws the palette up. What the heck...

Try using an updated VBA version to see if it matters.

Well I guess I have a simple question, but it's kind of long...

I have a trainer in unLZ. Steven's sprite, to be exact. So I went to import my newly indexed .png file, a steven-ish sprite with a green shirt. I clicked export pallete, and all of the other boxes. No problems, the sprite was editied... However, I go to the previous trainer sprite in the list... and I get this:

Spoiler:

A gentlemen Trainer Sprite with the same pallete as the New stevens'. Not only that, but all of the other trainers before Steven now have a dumb- looking palette in unlZ- all of them have pallete 1039. Now, when I fight a gentleman in the game... He looks normal. He has a totally different pallete than what shows up in unLZ. Sure, this is confusing, but what's more so is that (the new) Steven's in-game sprite now has a discolored palette. However, in unLZ, it looks fine. Also, in every trainer editor I open... all trainer palettes, except Steven's, look normal.

My question is- How can I fix Steven's Palette in game, and the other trainer palettes in unLZ? Is my ROM screwed up? Will I be able to not edit any more trainers? Did I miss something important?

This is quite an important question, seeing as I need to edit the majority of trainers for my hack.

Thank you in advance ^_^

unLZ keeps the palette and sprites list cached into the ROMName.gba.spr and ROMName.gba.pal files. Make sure to close the ROM and delete them both. Then load the ROM again with unLZ.

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2023
im using advance map with my friend were making a hack and such , but were having a problem

henever we try make a sprite, it stays in the corner on the "0" sprite.
it dosnt change even if i apply a script or not, and i made all the vars the same as another character and it still didnt work
Any ideas?

Doom Chaos

I don't have a title
Years
im using advance map with my friend were making a hack and such , but were having a problem

henever we try make a sprite, it stays in the corner on the "0" sprite.
it dosnt change even if i apply a script or not, and i made all the vars the same as another character and it still didnt work
Any ideas?

Go on events, click on your 0 sprite (left click) and change de picture no. And if you want to move it, you have to click, hold and place it somewhere else.

To answer HackMew, I'm gonna try in a few seconds, I'll edit my post for results.

EDIT: Should I take a stable version or a beta (the beta is the latest release)?
EDIT2: The beta makes it work fine. Thanks
EDIT3: After I enter a name, the sprite becomes screwy, why?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back