• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 23, 2009
I've noticed a couple of really cool looking desert or winter scenes in finished games, but I can't find any downloads for them. Are those backgrounds widely available?

Also, is there to set it so that every pokemon in the game will obey you without the need for badges? I am hoping that the only way to do this is not to simply get the last badge.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2010
hi. im new here. im intrested in haching or "modding" roms and i looked at some threads and got some cool softweres. but some softweres got an error message when im trying to use them.
http:
(slash)(slash)img41.imageshack.us/img41/6725/capture2mx(dot)png
and
http:(slash)(slash)img441.imageshack.us/img441/4687/capture1bc(dot)png
the red circles (i was trying my best) get a error message. hope i wont get banned or warned. i hope you can help me. thx.

my pc info (if need to solove problem):
manufacturer: fujitsu siemens computers
rating: 3,1
prosessor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T2370 @ 1.73GHz
1.73Gz
memory (RAM): 4,00 GB
system type: 32-bit operating system

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Also, is there to set it so that every pokemon in the game will obey you without the need for badges? I am hoping that the only way to do this is not to simply get the last badge.

Except getting the last badge, the only way is ASM.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Would anyone happen to now the number for the types and the gym badges for fire red?

There is no type. Just edit the trainerbattle to whatever you want.

The badges are flags -

0x820 - 1st badge
0x821 - 2nd badge
0x822 - 3rd badge
0x823 -4th badge
0x824 - 5th badge
0x825 - 6th badge
0x826 - 7th badge
0x827 - 8th badge

Haku.

(FLAME)...H....A...K..U
Years
Can any1 tell how me to do edit backsprites in firered(POKEMON)
i tried to change ratata with budew for the front sprite and it works great
but when i change the backsprite,it shows only the top part of budew
ill give you a screeny!

wthyounoob.png

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
ill give you a screeny!

wthyounoob.png
I'm having a similar problem. The whole sprite shows for me, but the palette is messed up. I followed the 15 steps to inserting Pokemon tutorial, and this is my result. [FireRed]

crap.png

Pikablu Lv.X

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 27, 2009
On VBA, I tried playing Pokemon Ruby, saved (Not through the save states, the normal game save), turned VBA off, and when I played it again, it hadn't saved! I tried this several times, and thought that it might be just a problem with the ROM. But I tried several ROMs and it didn't work! Also VBA doesn't create a .sav file!
What do I do?

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
On VBA, I tried playing Pokemon Ruby, saved (Not through the save states, the normal game save), turned VBA off, and when I played it again, it hadn't saved! I tried this several times, and thought that it might be just a problem with the ROM. But I tried several ROMs and it didn't work! Also VBA doesn't create a .sav file!
What do I do?
Yeah, regular saving won't work on VBA. Also you need to change the save type. Options->Emulator->Save Type->Flash 128k. Press Shift+F1 or File->Save Game to save.

School days again...
Years
ill give you a screeny!

wthyounoob.png

Try following DJG's tutorial: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=146903
In his tutorial, I can insert sprites well.

I'm having a similar problem. The whole sprite shows for me, but the palette is messed up. I followed the 15 steps to inserting Pokemon tutorial, and this is my result. [FireRed]

crap.png

Because the palettes are not the same, did you insert the backsprite having its shiny colors, if not, try following DJG's tutorial: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=146903

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023

crap.png

Try using the indexed sprites I posted in the Resources topic; the back/shiny colours should work fine with those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back