• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 17, 2010
hey what does it mean when unlz gba says an image is not indexed?
it seems like such a basic thing no one talks about it, so its hard to figure out.
i know its somthign to do with pallettes... right?
(im having the issue while replaceing my main hero (F))

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
hey what does it mean when unlz gba says an image is not indexed?
it seems like such a basic thing no one talks about it, so its hard to figure out.
i know its somthign to do with pallettes... right?

Your image hasn't been indexed, and in order to do that, you need a program like Irfan View. Use Image - Decreas Color Depth to 16 colours, and your image is indexed.

It just doesn't have a 16 colour pallette is what it means.

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2010
Your image hasn't been indexed, and in order to do that, you need a program like Irfan View. Use Image - Decreas Color Depth to 16 colours, and your image is indexed.

It just doesn't have a 16 colour pallette is what it means.
thank ya much! ;) that helps alot

Aisu K.

SHOWMEYAMOVES
Years
  • Age 33
  • Home
  • Seen Oct 6, 2010
This one is from Pokemon Ruby. Does anyone here know how I can change the battle theme of specific trainers? I know PET and A-Trainer can change the encounter music, but how would I go about changing the theme that plays during the battles?

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years

3dd13

Leader of the Fallen
Years
specific special question

Here is a list I have compiled over the years.
IF YOU ARE USING JPAN's Fire Red Hacked Engine, DO NOT USE THE SPECIALS THAT HE CHANGED
Spoiler:
what i dont understand is what specials make the different legendary battle musics. there are 3 of them that are similar, but different.
eg the birds differ from mewtwo and mew, and mew differs from mewtwo and the birds, etc.
does anyone know those specials?
this is for firered (U)

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2009
In Pokemon Emerald, how do you set a new start map with a new x/y position? I need to make a new start place instead of the truck.

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2010
me again. sorry
ok heres my latest trial
. im replacing my main heroes
step one make the sprite done
step 2 index it to 16 colors, done
make sure its the right size done.

when i try to replace it it ends up all funky looking because of the palette. im not sure how in the worl to fix it or change the palete the game uses or w.e i need to do... totally lost and clueless= me

if it helps, somthing weird thats happening is this, when i write to rom, it doesnt say that the data is to big. it goes thru without me having to use fsf, which i dont think is bad but i know its not the case usually

(also one of the times i tried, it messed up the lil pikachu over the control instructions at the begining, i think it was a pal issue?) fire red btw

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 22, 2010
Hmmm. I've had this question for almost a month. It has never been answered.

Before you attempt to answer it, understand that in Advance Map, I have all the map banks correct on the warps. Even when I hit "Goto", the warp works.

Now, when I play it in the game, and I walk into the door, it takes me to another map, except I cannot move, I'm invisible, and I believe I'm out of bounds. I changed the map height and width, and checked if I had a warp out of bounds. I did not.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
I have a quick question I am trying to import a sprite using unzls gba When I import it the platelets go from 16 to 256 and my sprite is indexed then I click wright to rom the platlet imports perfectly but not the pic dose anyone know how to fix it

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
I have a quick question I am trying to import a sprite using unzls gba When I import it the platelets go from 16 to 256 and my sprite is indexed then I click wright to rom the platlet imports perfectly but not the pic dose anyone know how to fix it
Does it look like the original sprite with your new palettes? If so, it is correct. That's how it shows up in UNLZ. If it's in-game, try following DJG's newest inserting tutorial step-by-step.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back