• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

tnguye3's fakemon sprites! =^.^=

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Your sprites are great, you seem to be improving with each update. The shading on Reptedge and the Water starters look, to be quite blunt, amazing. You should go for an Octopus or Squid fakemon, imho.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
Years
got to give you props tng, you have really improved. i love that grass lizard line. i could never make a grass line half as good as that.

flamemaster

No school like the old school
Years
  • MI
  • Seen Mar 23, 2016
hey dude, for some reason i can't see your images.
about your mugshot though, it's mainly ok, but the hair is disproportinal to the head, the pokeball looks to big, the fingers are a little messed up.
but i'm sure you'll improve.

Years
Hmm, a lot of people aren't able to see the sprites. It might be because of the browser or where he's uploading the sprites to. :/

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
Years
Hmm, a lot of people aren't able to see the sprites. It might be because of the browser or where he's uploading the sprites to. :/

Actually I have the problem of not seeing my sprites from time to time, and I upload my sprites to the album in Pokecommunity.
However the tutorial I uploaded through tinypic, I always see. So I geuss that Pokecommunity image hosting is at fault. O_O

Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2014
Uhmm the eelstom luks very.. 2D... Might just be me but meh... But the evo is TOOOOOO GUd!!

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2011
The rabbit pokemon (both ice and fire) looked amazing, your really imaginative :)

tnguye3

Years
Alright, finally done spriting Boldenge evo for Pokemon Iron and Stone.
Never got to it cause I hate spriting rock types, but hey I gotta improve so I gave it a shot, and here's the result:

picture.php

It's meant to be a stone henge, so...yeah... O_o?
Anyways, comment, crit, whateva yadayada. ;)

p.s. If this double posts or something, sorry. The internet is Thailand is really slow. (T_T)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2016
When i saw it i thought "uou regirock" so yeah you should really change the colours. And the hole design is way way too strange for my taste. I see what you were aiming at but still it turned out kinda bad

tnguye3

Years
When i saw it i thought "uou regirock" so yeah you should really change the colours. And the hole design is way way too strange for my taste. I see what you were aiming at but still it turned out kinda bad

Thanks for the feedback, yeah I almost always (like 90% of my sprites) use existing palettes cause I'm not bothered to make my own (lazy), but yeah I thought the design was weird but that's all I could come up with a stone henge fakemon (my friend said "it looks like an H" and when I told him I'm trying to make a Stonehenge, his reply was "oohhhh, looks weird"). @_@

Haha. Oh well. :P

Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2014
rock types are very hard to do and actually its really impressive.. only if u change the expressions on its face maybe it'll luk awesome-er... And u from thailand?? COOL!! :)

tnguye3

Years
Haven't been spriting for a while and still had to fulfil a request, so hears the starter for the Eel line:

104i3x5.png
eqzgwj.png
zksqjl.png

Now...gonna go sleep...Zzzzz...

EDIT: ahhh crap, I mispelt "hears" well I meant "here's"
ah and the name of the starter is Eelish, kk gonna go sleep now Zzzz...

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2011
Dude you are an awesome spriter. I really love Waspain and the eel pokemon, those are badass!

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
Years
I liked the shading of the fins on Eelstrom. I feel like they provide texture and definition to the sprite...

but that definition is lacking on raiking! You may want to consider adding the same type of shading to his dorsel fins... it would make the sprite more dynamic... I like the 'sharp' look you're going for with raiking, but the two dorsels are almost flat looking ^_^ Nevertheless, I LOVE LOVEEEE the patterns you incorporated into the line, and how your stayed consistant with your shading!

(Keep Spriting!>

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2011
You have way too much time on your hands lol. I tried to make one after viewing this and it took me about an hour just to find an idea...anyways, good job!

tnguye3

Years
I liked the shading of the fins on Eelstrom. I feel like they provide texture and definition to the sprite...

but that definition is lacking on raiking! You may want to consider adding the same type of shading to his dorsel fins... it would make the sprite more dynamic... I like the 'sharp' look you're going for with raiking, but the two dorsels are almost flat looking ^_^ Nevertheless, I LOVE LOVEEEE the patterns you incorporated into the line, and how your stayed consistant with your shading!

(Keep Spriting!>

Dorsal fin or Pectoral fins? Cause the shading on the dorsal fin is the same throughout the whole line, whilst if speaking of textures and you'd be addressing the Pectoral fins, then yeah, Raiking doesn't have the textures, but that's because he lost those fins and they became sharp blades. :3

Alrighto, here's the Fire starter line:

firitty_by_tnguye3-d48n87x.png
fligra_by_tnguye3-d48nshq.png
pyravoc_by_tnguye3-d48pi4o.png

Firitty -> Fligra -> Pyravoc

Last edited:

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
First stage in the Fire line looks a little big big, but there's nothing wrong with that per se. Keep up the good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back