• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Things you like about B&W

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
is there any weird things you like about Pokemon Black & White? I mean like it kinda weird you'll like that about the game.... for example...

for me, if there is some kind of weather happening that affects the battle (such as the sandstorm in the desert or if it is raining)

I just like looking at the rectangular weather icon in the battle, if there is some sort of weather happening in battle, I stare at the weather icon for a couple of minutes before continuing the battle.... for some reason, I like looking at that weather icon...

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2015
I like how all the staters had a sig move but only tempig's was actully 100% his

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I like the fact that Zekrom is on White Version and Reshiram is on Black, what a way to mess with people's heads.
This, this, this. I was totally going to for White, but since they switched the mascots around I didn't. It's a bummer too, since White has most of the best exclusives in my opinion. But it's a pretty cool they did it to change patterns around.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I like the fact that Zekrom is on White Version and Reshiram is on Black, what a way to mess with people's heads.
Yes, this, 100% this. Here I was playing white, and I see Zekrom on the front cover. Yet, during the story line, all the characters ever talk about is Reshiram this, Reshiram that, that white dragon, blah, blah, and you even get to see Reshiram before you see Zekrom. In White, you find out Reshiram exists when you only have like 2 badges, and you have no idea that Zekrom exists until like 6 badges.

And then when I reached the Elite Four, I realized that I have yet to see Zekrom, the Pokemon on the front cover, yet I've seen Reshiram (at the tower), what a serious mind****...

Last edited by a moderator:

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
I like this the most also. Almost everyone predicted it to be the other way around, and could've gotten fooled.

I liked how they did this (to mix with the Yin-Yang effect or whatever).

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
Years
Me? I like how you go to Skyarrow bridge (I think its called) and the view changes to wide, side, every which way you tried :)

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
Years
I loved the bridges in the game, I also liked how Team Plasma screamed out ''PLASMAAAA'' Randomly as they made their getaway... :P

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I though elesa's rollercoaster gym was weird but loved every minute of it.
I liked the unique design of the Gyms. This one was great... but honestly, I enjoyed them all. They were different than any I've seen before.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
When in Skyla's gym, one of the cannons hit you straight in the wall, and you can hear your OW slide down slowly. xD;

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I like the weather system, it's not really that important or anything but it's nice not to have the weather eating up time after every turn. :)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I liked the Opelucid gym's puzzle. It was cool walking on robotic dragons as part of the puzzle. Even though I hate anything to do with slippery ice normally, I think the Iccirus gym's puzzle was interesting because of the curved paths. I also like how Iccirus is the only city where you can find wild Pokemon just by walking around.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
-The design of the "Lady" NPC trainers
-PLASMMMAAAAA! and "Plasbad!"
-Our favorite "Bye bye a go go!" Team Rocket member
-Skyarrow Bridge and coming into Castelia City.

BlaqJester

Guru
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2013
i liked how you caught the game mascot wit the the first ball you used unless that was jus my friends

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
i liked how you caught the game mascot wit the the first ball you used unless that was jus my friends
I believe that was just random luck for your friend there, haha.

I also liked how you weren't able to stop N/Team Plasma and Ghetsis until after you had beaten the four Elite Four members and parts of the storyline continued from that point on. It gives generation patterns a twist, since you would usually foil whatever plans the evil team had before you reached the E4.

Musharna

~random artist appeared~
Years
Bye bye a go go of course! Gotta love that guy XD

The bridges were awesome, and I don't think the Pokemon were that bad. Actually slightly better than gen 4 imo...

Oh, oh and N of course! I love the design of the female player (White/Hilda/Kotone) and N, as well as their story and N's creepiness~

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Some of the new Pokemon were actually pretty decent (Haxorus and Excadrill for example), some of the areas like Victory Road and the Desert Ruins were designed pretty well, and the E4 wasn't too bad either.

Back