• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Recolours and Fusions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I did this not long ago for some community project in PC that is aiming to recolouring all the RBY sprites into a more modern one.

gLsrD.png
QWq8G.png
Mh6ex.png

Years
Not bad recolours/revamps at all, although I suggest maybe shading and colouring up the outline as well (also called selective-outlining).

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2014
The head colour does not go along with the body, the legs don't look so good with the wings and the Pokémon needs more bulk. Making a fusion does not necessarily mean fusing two or more Pokémon you know. It needs to get that touch which makes it notable from just a copy-paste of body parts and recolour.

Other than that it is pretty awesome.

Hope this helps!

Trainer Jun

Team Rocket Veteran Trainer
Years
Jun's Trainers

I did not get into emulation for pixel art. In fact, I started rom hacking before I knew about pixel art. This was about a year ago. I started doing my own trainer splices/recolorings/alterings a couple months ago, to see if I could. I wasn't terrible. I just jumped back into it again for my rom hack, and here are some things I came up with:

*NOTE: I only do splices/recolorings/alterings. I do NOT work from scratch. Take if you will, but give credit. I will discuss my artwork, but will NOT give out any info on my hack. It's a secret production.

Spoiler:

I don't mind if I get feedback or not. I just felt like posting.

Years
*NOTE: I only do splices/recolorings/alterings. I do NOT work from scratch.

If that's the case then I merged your thread with the Fusions and Recolours thread where if you're planning on making a thread and posting only fusions/recolours/alterings, it's better to showcase them all here. This is to prevent clutter and once you move onto scratch work you can post your fusions with your scratch/original work into a separate thread apart from this thread.

Years
Here are some recolours i did for a jungle based hack i am going to start working on one of these days. The Eevee is going to be a form that will evolve into Espeon, Umbreon, Glaceon and Leafeon, while the original evolves into the original 3. Feraligatr will be Water/Dark, and the Grimer line will be Poison/Water.

Attachments

• Spritez.PNG
    Spritez.PNG
    20.6 KB · Views: 20

Eeveelution Co-ordinator

Budding Breeder/Co-ordinator
Years
First Recolour Ever!!! Thought I might try this, and it went pretty well in my opinion, but I NEED to be criticized! Any ideas on what to try next? Oh, and anyone know how to get rid of fuzziness on the image (using the Paint program on a Vaio laptop and saving as a PNG, if I need to change my method of uploading)

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
attachment.php

Nice colours over there. The only thing I can judge here is the colour combination. It looks neat enough, and blue blends well with green. I think you can add a little red to the blue, just a teeny-tiny bit, to give it a purplish tinge. And also, instead of the white face, make it white-yellow. That might make a change!

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Is this what you had in mind? I turned the blue/grey into more of a purple, and the face does look nicer with a bit more colour! Thanks for the advice!

Yep, that's it. Glad you liked :) .

As for Limanya, the fusion looks neat enough, except I don't know what else you added into the mix. It's too 'Chikorata-ish' IMO. Try adding up a pattern or recolour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back