• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Hidden Mythology [T] [OOC/SU]

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
@Skymin: Could you please accept the IC thread at that time? We'll start then! :) Until then, let's wait for the last spot to be taken. No love for Piplup, eh?
Sure thing! If the last spot is taken when I get home from work tomorrow, I'll be sure to do it for you. :)

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
I want that last spot but I can't post my SU till August. Could you try holding onto my spot till then.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
@Kanea: Oh yeah, sure. I see you around pretty well. You're RESERVED!
@Skymin: IC thread is go, please. Thanks! :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
Well, I just posted(yay for first post?). I tried to think of something to do so I just stuck something in there. If anyone reaches Route 201, go ahead and talk to Alex(I can't promise he'll be as nice as he was to the lady though).

miltankRancher

Years
For those asking, Professor Fir is a middle-age man, around thirty up. Black haired, no glasses, and around 5 foot-ten in height. He is of the Pokemon-version of Asian descent. Brown skinned, black eyes, and a fairly good stride when walking. Imagine a more confident Professor Birch + Elm.

Aand go post guys!

Last edited:

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
@Kanea: Oh yeah, sure. I see you around pretty well. You're RESERVED!

No the thing is I'm active only on weekdays and so most probably I won't post till August. Plus I'll be active for like 5 minutes if I get the chance. So expect my SU on next Tuesday or Wednesday - 30th or 31st.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
Just out of curiosity, is this going to be the only RP, or will we be able to go to different Regions after we are done with Sinnoh?

Edit: Also, I'm tryin to draw a picture of my character so ill try and edit that into my SU.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Well, I was going to sign up, but all the Pokemon are taken :c Do you think I could write my SU sheet and wait to post it until more Pokemon are available?

miltankRancher

Years
Just out of curiosity, is this going to be the only RP, or will we be able to go to different Regions after we are done with Sinnoh?

Edit: Also, I'm tryin to draw a picture of my character so ill try and edit that into my SU.

It's a big dream. I haven't decided yet, but I think no. Sinnoh offers the greatest myths of all Pokemon region. Plus, there it is possible that a journey RP of other region may exist by the time we are done. It'd be pretty repetitive.

@PJBottomz: You could write an SU and we'll see if we can provide you a Pokemon if you're good enough. :)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
Yeah it's a pretty big stretch considering we just started the RP lol. Well, hopefully there will be some sort of spin-off lol.

Also, are the moves known by our Pokemon essentially close to or similar to what they would normally know upon receiving them? 'Cus I wanted Turtwig to know some beginner grass moves(Absorb, Razor Leaf), but wasn't sure if i should put them there or ask you first.

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023

UfiA0xN.png

Karly Rose
418.png
Buizel;
egg.gif
Icy Wind

Personality

Plainly put, she's very, very angry and bitter. She enjoys picking fights and does not like to be messed with. Although she does have decent fighting skills despite being a Trainer, those skills are dulled by her uncontrollable temper. Getting on her bad side a is big mistake, because she doesn't let anyone who crosses her go unpunished. She hates being hit on, and tends to try and bring someone down to earth if she feels that they're too conceited.

However, getting on her good side earns you a straightforward ticket to a peaceful version of herself. When she's nice, she's almost a saint. You can practically see the little halo above her head. People she likes get treated very well, and she's protective of those she holds close to her heart. She'll be attentive, a good listener, and can offer advice (be it good or unhelpful) when it's really needed the most. Of course, this good side is so rare that almost no one has seen it.

Under normal circumstances, when she isn't flaming with rage, she's really just herself. She's likes to be fun and outgoing, and loves a good challenge. However, she tends to have a problem with admitting her mistakes, and often casts the blame on others when she messes up. She also beats up on people when they say something that doesn't make sense or isn't correct by her right, which makes her a rough person to travel with. She also doesn't like when people act incredibly smart unless she asks them to - since she was home-schooled for most of what should have been her high-school life, he knowledge of common things isn't incredibly large, and if someone talks about things she doesn't understand, she'll get mad at them and tell them to stop talking about it. But, if you become her friend, she'll be there to support you to the best of her ability if a tough situation arises. She grasps a good understanding of most people's feelings, and knows when she should stop pestering someone as well.

History

Before she was forced to become a Trainer, she worked on her parent's Pokemon farm, mostly moving around heavy stuff, so she rarely interacted with the Pokemon themselves but became physically stronger than the average girl. Even when she did try to play with them, due to her aggressive nature, most Pokemon tended to avoid her. Without the proper ability to get Pokemon to listen to her, she would have a hard time becoming a Trainer, so she gave up that possibility.

With that, she began to study a different form of training: hand-to-hand combat. Pursuing the path of strength was her ideal goal. Despite the lack of actual combatants in the region (after all, people prefer putting Pokemon in danger instead of themselves), she trained somewhat successfully and became adept at fighting. However, these newly-acquired abilities came with a hefty cost.

Karly realized that no one could push her around now that she knew how to defend herself. She went from the pathetic, nerdy girl with glasses to the rough, tough tomboy who would pound anyone who defied her into the ground. With such a terrible attitude, Karly was forcibly removed from her school, requiring her Mother to become a home-school teacher.

418.gif
Now, a year later, on Karly's 16th birthday, her Mother's gift was something that no one expected - a ticket to the curb. Her Mother was so displeased with Karly's behavior that she made arrangements to have Karly go around the region with a Pokemon in order to redefine her attitude into something much more tolerable and controllable. Against her protests and ensuing rage, Karly had no choice but to heed her Mother's words and begin this new and impossible journey that was thrust upon her.

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Years
@Jegretis: Hmm... As stated in Rule 8, I'll have you control your Pokemon's moves. However, I think it would be better if we would stick to the "normal moveset" of each Pokemon. It would be pretty unfair if we give a decent attack already at the beginning of the RP. I think the Tackle/Scratch/Pound + Leer/Tail Whip/ Growl + 1 Egg Move is enough to start with.

@PJBottomz: Your personality seems a little too... extreme. A really really bad OR good girl, depending on the situation? I don't like dealing with extremes. Why not try for something in the middle?

Plus, I need you to provide a RP sample, just to let me see if you're a decent one. Not like that I doubt your skills; it's just that I've never seen you around before. :)

I have decided to open 2 more slots (which is 2 more than the needed one).

The available Pokemon are:

427.png
418.png

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
For the personality, it's not really depending on the situation. A lot of the time she's angry. And yeah, her normal version of anger is very, very extreme, but for your sake I can easily take that down to anger only after, saying, losing at something (a battle/confrontation) and just make her neutral most of the time if that suites you better.

As for the RP Example:
Spoiler:

This is just something off the top of my head and probably won't appear in the RP if I get accepted, jsyk. Hopefully it's satisfying enough for ya. I also included an example of her demoted anger so you can see how I would handle it in the actual thread.

And also, out of the two new starters, I think I will choose Buizel as my Preferred Starter.

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Haha, not neutrally angry xD I mean most of the time she'll just be calm and collected until she loses a battle or fails at something. I don't think Neutral Angry exists haha.

I'll start writing my post right away. Quick question tough: On Route 202, you said we could have NPC battles. Should the NPC have a Pokemon found on the route? And also, if I wanted to write all the way up to Route 202, do I have to keep it all on one post? It doesn't matter either way, just checking.

miltankRancher

Years
Haha, not neutrally angry xD I mean most of the time she'll just be calm and collected until she loses a battle or fails at something. I don't think Neutral Angry exists haha.

I'll start writing my post right away. Quick question tough: On Route 202, you said we could have NPC battles. Should the NPC have a Pokemon found on the route? And also, if I wanted to write all the way up to Route 202, do I have to keep it all on one post? It doesn't matter either way, just checking.

Neutrally angry exists! Imagine... Professor Snape from the Harry Potter fandom. He's a neutrally angry guy IMO.

NPC battles: Feel free. Its an open battle; you could bring in a fully evolved Pokemon to battle your starter, or a foreign Pokemon. Just no legendaries: why battle a Groudon with a Buneary? :)

Post: Your call. Just remember that this chapter will last until August 4 probably where I will open Jubilife and the following routes. Plus, if you want to make captures, it would be broken up as I need to approve of it and all. :)

NOTE: Trades between players or NPCs must be approved by me first. Trade requests must be PM'ed [not OOC-posted nor VMed] I've seen an RP (not in here) where a guy traded his starter with a Tyranitar after the first badge. It produced quite a lot of problem.

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Don't worry about the catching thing atm, it'd go against what I planned for this part. But thank you! I'll just finish this chapter right now and get it out of the way.

Back