• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Brown 2009 [Final Dungeon Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
Years
I have a few more questions:
1. How close are you to fixing the trading glitch in the pokedex?
2. What levels do magnaton and lickitung evolve at?
3. How many total pokedex slots did you use (I know there's at least 220)
4. Are you going to use the beta item "surfboard" (At least that's what most people call it) in the game somehow, as a way to cross water?
5. Are you going to use the ITEM pokedex as a way to view different versions of pokemon entries?
6. What is the purpose of the route that goes way to the right off of the map?
7. Is beta 3 of prism almost done or did you just stop somewhere in the middle to work on brown 2.0?
8. What did you do with the glitch pokemon 'M (hex 00)?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 16, 2020
I have to say this is one of the best ROM hacks I've ever played! It's amazing!

I have noticed a couple errors:

- The trainer's Snorlax in Joe's Gym has the move Harden
- A biker's Gligar (on the way to Johto) has the move Harden as well
- The second floor of Slowpoke well: all the Pokemon found on the land are also found while surfing.
- On the 1st floor of Slowpoke well, I was leaving and stumbled upon a Level 0 Gastly.
- When I try to use a PP Up, I get the message: "There is a time and place for everything"

And, does Golbat evolve by happiness?

Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2016
- Snorlax's are supposed to learn harden in genI.
- Gligars are supposed to know harden.
- The slowpoke well glitch was pointed out already.
- the PP up glitch was pointed out already.

factcheck.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 21, 2009
Ok I really need some help. I just downloaded this hack and everything was fine. I have 5 badges but then i got stuck so i watched some youtube videos for help. That's when i noticed that the warehouse looked different from when i was there. turns out i was play ver. 1.1 so i went and got what i think is the newest version from the link on coolboyman's first post at the top of this thread but now when I play i have problems. the title screen takes forever to show up, battles take forever to load and the game crashes before the battles can even start. I'm using VBA ver 1.7.2 on a mac book. please help. is there a better patch? oh and the gastley on the title page has a square hole in it as does the trainer's back when i get into a fight

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
Years
I made it perfectly clear to patch it to a CLEAN Rom and then rename the rom the same name as the old version.

Odd, I patched the new Brown over the old one and I had no problems... Except I lost my savestate, which isn't really an issue.
Maybe it's because it happened to be the same name...

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
Update 3 is here! Next update will have the final quest in it!

Download the new patch, patch it to a clean Red ROM, Rename the New ROM the same name as your old Pokemon Brown ROM, and you're good to go.

- Now works with TGB-Link. Trade away!
- Hayward City's music fixed
- Metronome and Mirror Move are now Fixed, and now Metronome also randomizes on the new moves!
- Sludge Bomb no longer uses Pokeball animation, the music won't get weird.
- Marts have been changes around a bit. Check out what they sell, you'll find some of the items very useful.
- Sneasel now evolves into Weaville with Razor Claw instead of Razor Fang
- Gligar now evolves into Gliscor with Razor Fang instead of Razor Claw
- You can now bike in Castro Forest, Haunted Forest, various Route Gates that wouldn't let you before, and in Johto.
- A few new battle animations to accuratly fit the new moves.
- The encounter rate for Clefairy's in Merson Cave were ridiculously low, so I increased the rate a bit so people can stop wasting hours just walking around it.
- Some super secret stuff added for the final quest. You'll find out what these are next patch!

Issues:
- Pokedex won't update "own" when traded. This will be fixed in the future, and when it does, to add your traded Pokemon to the Pokedex, simply trade back and forth.

If you're Pokedex is acting weird and you want me to change your Pokedex back to normal, please upload your .sav file to sendspace.com and then PM me the link. I'll send it back to you with your Pokedex back to normal. It shouldn't do this unless you're updating from the 2004 version or the first 2009 release version, but either way I'll fix it.

pizzakoe

Experienced Spriter
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 12, 2023
"- Some super secret stuff added for the final quest. You'll find out what these are next patch!"
Is this good English?
So are these super secret things added in this patch, or the final one?

Did anyone already find one of those new super sercret things?

Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2009
bug

in the mansion if you surf around in that little patch of water in the second room all the way to the right i found a very high level clefairy.... im talking high level. like 100+. it's a very high chance that you will encounter one there. just wanted to let you know.

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
in the mansion if you surf around in that little patch of water in the second room all the way to the right i found a very high level clefairy.... im talking high level. like 100+. it's a very high chance that you will encounter one there. just wanted to let you know.

Wow, that sounds like the Cinnibar island glitch of Pokemon Brown. I updated the patch, you don't have to redownload it if you don't want to, but either way you can't get infinite items from this glitch, so don't even try.

"- Some super secret stuff added for the final quest. You'll find out what these are next patch!"
Is this good English?
So are these super secret things added in this patch, or the final one?

Did anyone already find one of those new super sercret things?

You can't find them. I meant I added some stuff into the coding that will be used for the final quest that I want to be a surprise. I was going to remove them for this patch, but it would have taken too much time so I left it in un-accessable for now.

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
Years
Well here's a new glitch in update 3:
the move "struggle" causes the screen to glitch up. the game will still work fine, except for the fact that many glitch blocks are all over the screen. I'm pointing this out on the thread because I don't think there are many unreported glitches anymore.

Years
I apologize if you already knew about this, it was fixed in the last bugfix, or if it's a feature I'm just ignoring, but I was battling the very first trainer and using a Zubat against their Zubat-obviously we both only had Leech Life, but the weird thing was, both of us would miss every single time (at least 5 each, before I switched-way, way beyond normal probability). Is this a bug, or...?

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
I apologize if you already knew about this, it was fixed in the last bugfix, or if it's a feature I'm just ignoring, but I was battling the very first trainer and using a Zubat against their Zubat-obviously we both only had Leech Life, but the weird thing was, both of us would miss every single time (at least 5 each, before I switched-way, way beyond normal probability). Is this a bug, or...?

Nope I just tested it, you both just got unlucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back