• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Your first Shiny?

Adore

Party.
Years
A shiny Wurmple, that later evolved into Beautifly. Sadly I forgot I had it and stupidly deleted that game file. ;_;

Etrian

Come on, it's showtime!
Years
My first shiny was a Geodude in Fire Red. It was completly useless in every single battle I sent it out though and I ended up erasing the save file afterwoods.

I've now got a shiny Celebi from one of my friends in Black 2, but that's hacked. :Y

Callandor

ughhh....
Years
Red Metapod, Crystal Version on my way to see Mr. Pokemon. No poke'balls. It was horrible. I ran away because I couldn't bring myself to attack it. Wierdest thing though, I found four shinies in the space of two days in HeartGold.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Shiny Poochyena in Emerald, I believe. But that wasn't even when I was little, it was when I was replaying it a while ago. I think I also caught a Shiny Raticate on Leafgreen, but that also might have been my sister, can't remember.

Years
One day, long ago, a small child began his Pokemon journey on Red Version...

Flash forward to the present, where he finally encounters his first shiny- a mighty... Basculin?

-_-

At least he's adamant?

Freak A

Back !!!
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2013
Ekans firered, i thought my game was glitching or something, second one was also from firered i think it was a diglett. Then my firered cartridge actually did get all glitchy and eventually deleted the save files :(

Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2013
First shiny I've ever gotten was... Shellos (West Sea)
I was looking around for mersprit in my diamond version...
then shellos appeared and it sparkled.
I didn't really know that it was a shiny that time because I didn't know they would sparkle and the shiny sprite of a west sea shellos, there was barely any difference in the colour scheme so... yep.
ALMOST RAN AWAY 8'D

Years
Excluding Red Gyarados, I actually did meet a shiny Horsea and after a few steps a shiny Munchlax in Ruby Destiny: RoL (made by destinedjagold of course). Then there was a shiny Drowzee I killed in a randomized Emerald (don't ask), and to finish this off, I have a shiny Ferrothorn on my White version that I hatched, not caught.

Well, I guess I can't catch a shiny unless it's not in a clean game.

The Amazing Justin

The Original Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 28, 2016
I used to have a shiny Chikorita before I restarted my game with the intention of getting another one later. Almost two years have passed and I still don't have one.

#1-Trainer

Poke' Master.
Years
Way back when... I encountered a purple Drowzee on route 24, whilst leveling my Poke's on the first play through of Silver Version. How cool was that! I was like, that Drowzee is purple wtf... go Poke-Ball! Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle.

I didn't catch another until Diamond version. I some how caught a green Machoke on Victory Road, level 45 with only 1 pokeball left. Winning!

Madic0

Years
My first shiny? Hmm... I think it was a Voltorb in Gen 2.

Might have had one prior to that, though I can't recall.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
I haven't caught one but I remember it like it was yesterday. I was maybe 8? I had Ruby, my first Pokemon game though, I liked it from the beginning. I was coming back to the lab after beating May and on Route 1... shiny Poochyena. of course at this point you couldn't get pokeballs sooo... you know. I almost died that day. It may have been my first game but I still knew a lot about Pokemon.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
Years
zubat in jap. SS. It's an epic Crobat now :) I seem to have an talent in getting random shinies in Jap. R4 games lol (I always buy the english games though)

Ptzery

Skitty trainer
Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2022
First one seen was an Absol on my SS. I don't know how I ran out of all of those 100 or so ultra balls... The first one I caught was actually a Skitty on Emerald. It was my favourite pokemon ever, but I lost my GBA with pokemon emerald in it... Now I play on emulators :t300: I will miss my Skitty...

Back