• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Season?

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2013
So I am an original aka season 1 all the original pokemon, that's just what i grew up on, i want to watch through all the seasons (although i know its going to be a very long time before I catch up) but i was just curious as to which season everyone thought was the best?

zdude18

Lone Wolf
Years
you should make this a poll, however ill go ahead and say i have a tie between season 12 (Galactic Battles) and season 13 (Sinnoh League Victors) because i love the story with Team Galactic and how ash and co. save the world with the help of the lake guardians in 12. in 13 the sinnoh grand festival happens which in my opinion was the best grand festival the show has ever had and also the Sinnoh League was the best championship league IMO.

Years
  • Seen Feb 8, 2016
I've just started watching them again, currently on season 5. I'm an original though, as I too grew up with series 1 and the Gen 1 Pokemon so up to this point season 1 ha been my favourite.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I'm caught up with the anime, seen every episode since gen 1 to the most recent "Saving Braviary" last Saturday.... at least in the English dub.

Overall the seasons with the most episodes I enjoyed is the 14th season "Black and White" and 16th Season "Adventures in Unova". Many episodes I enjoy watching over and over, the ones that bring me happiness, lots of laughter, lots of other mixed emotions.

I also love watching my favorite Pokemon move around, speak, win or loose battles, interact with other Pokemon in the same seasons.

Years
I have never missed a single episode of Best wishes and Unova saga even I watch japanese episodes of dekorora. But yesterday i started the Sinnoh saga and watched the first episode. I think Sinnoh would be my favourite season even though I just watched one episode of it

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
The johto league ones are my favourite, especially master quest, that song's always stucked on my head. I also like the original season, since there was actually some humour in it that can actually make me laugh.

I haven't really watched the 2nd half the Sinnoh one and Best Wishes though.

Daisuke Mitsuharu

Punching Bag
Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2023
Season 13, definitely. I felt as if it had a lot more to offer, in comparison to the others. But, that is just my two cents.

Years
The first season. There were very few filler episodes and even the fillers were very interesting. Also it was great to see Ash's growth as a Trainer.

Draco Razr

Elite Dragon Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2013
Even though I grew up watching Season 1 of Pokemon, I agree that Johto Arc was the best. I have watched every episode so far and I miss the golden days with Misty, Gary and Brock.

bulbasir

Just call me Mr. Sir...
Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2013
Season one for me since I grew up watching it. I also think it has the best re-watchability (thats a real word :p), I could re-watch it anytime and still really enjoy it.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
Season 1 has nostalgia factor for me.

Yet the perks of the newer series should not be overlooked:
(1) Type matchups and overall strategies are discussed.
(2) Pokemon evolve more frequently, especially in Advanced and D/P.
(3) Female protagonists have goals which are frequently spotlighted (in Adv. and D/P)

Overall, I liked Diamond/Pearl the most. Black/White went backwards, imo.

Infinite Latios

Champion
Years
The Hoenn saga and the Battle Frontier part. They really signified a change in the anime. Pokemon Contests came to light, the Battle Frontier was revealed, increasing the amount of post-game stuff in the games, Ash and Brock caught new Pokemon, Jessie and James said goodbye to their old ones... I really don't think any other season has been better. Even if that annoying kid Max was there, Hoenn and Battle Frontier really are the best seasons to me.

Back