• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pyromancers - Fire-Type Fan Club ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Fire-Types are rare in Sinnoh (And Hoenn). What is your reaction to this?
One of the main reasons why I've picked the fire-starter in those games (also my love for fire pokémon). But if I was able to get a cooler fire type as the starter I pick the water starter and caught my fire pokémon (I always have a fire type, always!!!) later in the game. In Hoenn there was Camerupt and Torkoal. My choice was simple: Camerupt. A walking volcano, what's more kick-ass as a walking volcano? And Torkoal, yeah I just didn't like him that much although he looks like a walking volcano as well :p Camerupt is just so much cooler in my opinion. I never really played D/P/Pt. I started Pt once and used Chimchar cause I am unable to trade pokémon, so a Magmortar was out of the question.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Uh...mind if I join I guess? Gonna make this place a biiiiit active if y'all don't mind.

Your Username: Meganium90
Partner Pokémon: Vulpix, Cyndaquil
Why do you like Fire-Types?: Although Fire-Types are something I don't use too often in my teams, I still adore some fire-types to death, like Vulpix/Ninetales, Charmander/ Charmeleon/Charizard, as well as Cyndaquil/Quilava/Typhlosion! They're all adorable, and tough for me to like :D

I'll go ahead and change the topic, is that alright? ;3

Favorite Fire-Type Starter?

It's tough for me, because I have two favorites and I use them every time I start a game. I always go for Torchic when I start RSE, and I sometimes go for Charmander when I start RBY. All in all, I will have to go for Torchic because of how adorable it is, and how it'll become a much stronger Pokemon, Blaziken in the end. Not to mention, Blaziken is the first Fire-Fighting starter of all Pokemon.

Kiriyuuki Kasuna

<b><i><font color="#979C1F">Insert Purpose of Mean
Years
A FIRE TYPE FAN CLUB ZOMG!

Ehem, I'm going to join this.

Username: Twihiki_Amias
Partner Pokemon: Charmander and Cyndaquil!
Old topic: Fire-Types are rare in Sinnoh (And Hoenn). What is your reaction to this?
Every region has it's up and downs in terms of what types there are more of and less of, so it's not completely shocking or anything, there were about 8 in kanto, 6-7 in johto and about 11? in Unova, iirc. But I do recall there being more water types in the Hoenn and in Sinnoh too.

New topic: Mine will be and always be Charmander and Cyndaquil, both get strong as they grow and both are amazingly just too cute. Lastly I've always chosen them whenever starting a playthrough on Red and Gold/Crystal-HG.

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
New Topic: What do you guys think about this prospective evolutionary line for Fenniken?

fennekin_evolution_chart_by_forrestanthony-d5r0wjt.jpg

Disclaimer!!!
Photo courtesy of http://forrestanthony.deviantart.com

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I personally don't think it's rare in Hoenn though. I think this is how the diversity of Pokemon regions are.

Torchic and Chimchar. Torchic is a cute who becomes a strong fighter, and Chimchar's final evo is also cool.

What do you guys think about this prospective evolutionary line for Fennekin?
It looks cool, yet reminds me of a certain monster. Since this is not confirmed yet, I'm not sure if this line is real...

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
What do you guys think about this prospective evolutionary line for Fenniken?

WOAH. Hot stuff. Loving it a lot. It looks like the evolutionary line is leaning towards the oriental side, looking at the coin structures at the final evolution's sides. I can't see it as being the speculated Fire/Psychic though, although it might be possible.

CYNDAQUIL. <333

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Fire types are much rarer in colder regions than in warmer ones. Sinnoh is cold so it has the least Fire types and Im ok with it. i don't mind less fire type in a region and diversity also increases bcuz of this

Charmander and Cyndaquil. charmander is cute who becomes a strong fighter and it was my first Pokemon, and Cyndaquil is a cute

from the pic u posted RoreyG it looks kinda like a monster or a legendary.. and wht are the rings?.. they really don't look good imo
btw wht is type of fennekin?? except fire

Last edited:
Years
Charmander and Chimchar. Both because of their final forms. Charizard is just Charizard and Infernape is some really serious Pokémon which you don't want to mess with.

Actually, I hope the line still is getting some more adjustments. I think the names of the 2nd and 3rd form must be different. I am not creative enough to think of some real good names. But if you compare "Charizard" or "Typhlosion" with "Kitsudios"... The first 2 really stand out, while Kitsudios makes me think of a cute little pokémon that is more of a pet than an actual 3rd form fire starter.
The form itself reminds me of Ninetales, and the oriental stones floating around the 2nd and 3rd form makes me hope it'll be a fire/psychic or fire/ghost type pokémon. Although I'm not such a big fan of the oriental world, I hope this Pokémon can get my interest after all. :)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Fennekin's first stage evo is alright, but why the second tail? The first thought I had in mind when I saw this was another version of Vulpix/Ninetales. The second stage evo makes it look like it will be a Fire/Fighting, which is something I am not looking forward to at all. I'm hoping for pure-fire or fire/psychic.

Years
Seeing as Fire is my favorite type, I guess I'll request admission to this fine establishment.

Your Username: Llan
Partner Pokémon: Charmander and Numel
Why do you like Fire-Types?: It originally stems from Charizard being my favorite Pokemon. Fire was originally my favorite element in many a fantasy. Burning Hands was also a starter spell for my first Duskblade in D&D XD.

Fire has always represented that power and passion that burns in us all. When a volcano erupts the whole world knows of its might. The embers that flicker at the end of a Charmander's tail represents the passion it has and and the power wants, the determination it gains by evolving into Charmeleon and finally the pure unbridled strength as its evolution to Charizard is complete.

Hoenn didn't surprise me with the lack of Fire types, given it's mostly water.That and my first Hoenn starter was Torchic. Sinnoh did shock me, but I don't see a place that many Fire types can live. It bothered me until I chose Chimchar as a starter (It was my third and final choice as a starter in Diamond. Fire/Fighting a second time in a row didn't go well with me.) and it hit me, Infernape is awesome as is, why need another Fire? XD

I'll hold the discussion of the rest of the topics until after (if XD) I'm admitted.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
welcome to the club Llan!!
I hope you have fun here :)
Since most of you have answered the topic here's a new topic:
Favorite Fire-Type legendary?
And
Which Fire type Pokemon has the best design?

Years
Ho-Oh!
Me and my brother each got to choose a Pokémon game. Gold or Silver. I picked Gold and my brother grabbed Silver. We didn't know it from each other.
I picked Gold because of Ho-Oh, I remembered Ho-Oh from the beginning episodes and it looked so gracefull and really cool that I wanted to play gold. Of course I captured Ho-Oh to use it in my team. ^^
Ho-Oh is like the king of the skies and he's a fire type. How much cooler can you get? ;)

Both Rapidash and Magmar get my vote on this one. I can not really explain why, if I look at their design only, those 2 really stand out for me. Magmar his design shows so much power and Rapidash his design is pure elegance and I really like the flames around the ancles and hoofs.

Student D1

De-Wott?
Years
*I'll be going red here, since this is the Fire-type club.

Hoenn mostly has bodies of water around the region, so it'd be expected that there'll be more Water-type and less Fire-type. As for Sinnoh, it's seen as a chilly region imo (which probably explains why the main protagonists and your rival are wearing scarfs), especially in Platinum, where it can been that it snowed.

CYNDAQUIL! He's my favorite! Although, I also favor Charmander, but I feel like it's already the most common choice as favorite Fire-type starter; so I'm going with Cyndaquil!

I suppose it is okay. Though, it looked less as a Fire/Psychic, as much people wanted it to be. Kitsudios looks like a combination of a fox and a lion (head)... in my eyes. I wonder what's the purpose of those rings hanging on its sides.

I don't really have a favorite Fire-type legendary, but I like Victini because of its unique ability and its own strong Fire-type moves such as Searing Shot and, as an event Pokémon, V-create.

I'm going with Volcarona for this question. I just love its beautiful orange wings, making it resemble like the morning sun. It is the Sun Pokémon (of Unova), right?

Years
Why did you choose your Partner Pokémon?
Charizard has always been my favorite Fire Pokemon, and my favorite Pokemon overall. Numel? The past few times I've played Sapphire I tried to use Pokemon I've never used before (I normally have a list of Pokemon I'll stick to for a game, wanted to change it up). Queue my new game with Treeko. I felt like I needed a Fire type. It came down to a long discussion with myself over Numel and Torkoal. Numel won out and I'll tell you he is one of the few (like 5, seriously, I have maybe 10 Pokemon I used to normally use. based on starters ofc) that totally blew me away performance wise. He went from low on my list to way up there.

As well as Camrupt solving Charizard's worst (IMHO) enemy:Rock.

What kinds of Fire-Type Pokémon do you think will appear in X/Y, not including Fennekin's Evolutionary Line?
I hope not another Fire/Fighting XD Seriously: Any worthwhile Fire type is fine by me. There's not many Fire Pokemon I don't like *Checks list* I don't dislike Pignite, he's just indifferent. Magby I'm not a fan of either, he's just ok.

What is your favourite Fire-Type move and why?
For sheer reliability - Flamethrower. It's strong and accurate.
For sheer looks? Fire Fang and Fire Punch. Nothing is cooler than hurling a flaming fist or a fiery bite.

My favorite starter period is Charmander. Favorite Pokemon is Charizard. He's the first starter I chose. One time I had a Charizard before I went into Mt. Moon in Red. IDK why XD

What do you guys think about this prospective evolutionary line for Fenniken?
I like it. I hope it turns out similar to this. Again, I hope it's not Fire?Fighting.

Ho-Oh or Entai. Ho-Oh for being what Charizard wishes to be and Entai for being a better Flareon.

IMHO it's a toss up between the ones who have actual firs on them (sans Charizard and Infernape). Probably Rapidash or Moltres. Their fire bodies just scream Fire Type. The more time I think about it, the more Moltres pulls ahead.

Sorry for the wall'o'text

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
That would be Victini. It's one cute and strong Pokemon!

For me, Reshiram really fits the title because it's sleek and beautiful.

Years
Here's a topic that's been on my mind:

What would you do to make Fire Pokemon better? In-game and/or competitive. Or what do you think Fire type Pokemon need?

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
Spoiler:

Aaaaand you're all in.

Updated the club!

Okay, since I do not want to miss out yet another event, I'm going to tell everybody about the upcoming event.

Fire-Type Pokémon Quiz:

Notes:

-The Quiz is going to have 20-25 questions, each about the Fire-Type. If you get at least 13 questions right, you are in for an extra prize!
-There needs to be at least 3 participants for the Quiz to go on. Don't worry, EVERYBODY who signs up gets a prize!
-The Quiz is accepting entrants until 28th April at 16:00 English Standard Time. (If you want to know when it starts in your time, please tell me how many hours back or forward you are and I'll tell you).
-The Quiz will begin on the 29th April at 16:00 English Standard Time, and end at the 31st April at 16:00. This means, if you sign up for the event, you will have exactly 2 days to answer the questions.

Troock

Whatever Forever
Years
Hi Umbr30n I'd like to join too, but I don't really understand how everything works. I am fairly new to pokecommunity and especially to this part of it. Can you please explain how the points and levels system works? And I don't really know what to do with the lucky spin and BIC either. I am sorry for this disturbing post, but I really want to join, except I just don't know what to do. Thanks in advance!

Years
I'm in!

Your Username:
SevilitheArcanine
Partner Pokémon: Growlithe and Chimchar
Why do you like Fire-Types?: Because of Arcanine, mostly. Before that, I guess it all started when I played my first Pokemon game, Diamond (yes, I started late). I picked Chimchar as my starter, and that Infernape stayed by my side for years to come. While it's long gone now, I've always had a thing for fire types since then.

What would you do to make Fire Pokemon better?: For one thing, we need more, with so few in Unova and virtually none in Sinnoh. I'd also really like to see some more type combinations. A Fire/Water or Fire/Grass would be cool, and a non-legendary Fire/Dragon would be awesome as well. Hell, I'll even take a Fire/Poison!

Years
Your Username: Regeneration
Partner Pokémon: Charmander
Why do you like Fire-Types?: To burn them bugs and trees. =D

What would you do to make Fire Pokemon better? In-game and/or competitive. Or what do you think Fire type Pokemon need?
I don't think there is anything wrong with them. :/ I just think other types do their job better(ingame).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back