• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Characters that would've been good companions with Ash

digimonqueen

Draco Malfoy's Girlfriend
Years
Latias. just 'cause she needs to see the world. she can't be cooped up in Altomare forever. she's stronger now, and she can take care of herself. oh, and she loves Ash, don't forget that. Cress, i can see traveling with Ash. he's quite a bit like Cilan, and i like him. Chili...NO. he's way too hot-headed.

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2014
Luke could use Ash as a subject for a documentary on the life of a Trainer.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Ritchie.

Why? Because they're perfect for one another. They should be travel partners. Their chemistry is perfect for one another. Although it wouldn't be very interesting if he was, I could see it at least once. And how about some cynical trainer to travel with Ash? That would be nice to see because Ash isn't cynical and I'm pretty sure the two of them would fight a lot.

...As for if another gym leader were to travel with them I'd pick Whitney and Morty because it would be nice to see him with two Jotho gym leaders. That and I can't see him traveling with any Hoenn and Sinnoh leaders. xD It just doesn't seem right because not many of them look like kids.

tnfsf11

If he was with Ash maybe he could be his mentor, and I'm pretty sure he'll have his funny screw-ups...
Also it would fun to see Oak discover his "young" side if he travels with Ash, he'll get excited by everything & start goofing around trying to be a trainer again :P

Last edited:
Years
I don't think there is a place for Oak to travel with Ash. You know he is a Professor and has a busy life going for the conferences here and there. These Professor guys in the anime are only suitable for a guest appearance just like Cedric Juniper

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Hey, well, Oak could take a few days to travel with Ash on his way somewhere at least! You never know, it could be fun having an older experienced adventurer in the group for a bit. :3

Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2013
I think from the new series I would have Virgil and Bianca. Bianca would be similar to Ash and could be someone he mentors like he did to May and Dawn but he hasn't really done to Iris. Virgil would be like Tracey/Brock/Cilan but with a very different goal. His brother could have moved to a new region to set up a branch of the Pokemon Rescue Squad and Virgil joins Ash who is going to that region anyway so that he can help Davy out.

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
Maybe Cheren and Bianca. I think if they did this at the very beginning of Best Wishes/ Black and White, it would have been a better tie in with the 5th Gen games.

Back