• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Psyke

sings Unown music on the bus.
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2006
I was Wondering if it was possible To get a shiny sudowoodo In Pokemon Gold via Soft resetting, is this possible? (( sorry if i'm not supposed to be pointing it ince its a club o.0 ))

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2008
wow, i didnt know that there were so many people hunting for shiny absol, too!! i guess ill try and be the first, then!! ^^ good luck lady darkmoon and Shido!

Psyke

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2006
I See, well as for shinies for me all i have so far (( started new game )) Is a shiny butterfree

Yuscrecio

Fellow Sista'
Years
I think he means Gold since he was talking about it before. Congrats though. ^_^

What does soft resetting mean?? I've never heard it, I haven't gotten a shiny through that yet, can someone tell me what it means?

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2008
it means....well, for example (you about to get your first pokemon, you save the game before you pick. you pick a pokemon and battle, if it isnt shiny, reset the game by pressing A,B,Start,Select buttons all at once to reset the game until you get what you want)

Agent9

You could care less....
Years
Yuscrecio said:
I think he means Gold since he was talking about it before. Congrats though. ^_^

What does soft resetting mean?? I've never heard it, I haven't gotten a shiny through that yet, can someone tell me what it means?
LIke when you're in front of a pokemon you obtain from a trainer or a pokeball. You save in front of it. Then you get the Pokemon. If it is not shiny, you press A, B, Start, Select all together. Then you repeat until shiny. Just told someone off for lying about having a shiny. SHiny celebi, pfft.

Psyke

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2006
Awww that dosn't seem that fair guys, why not gold and silver? is it becauss there is a higher chance of obtaining them or somthing ? i'm a little confussed here

Last edited:

Yuscrecio

Fellow Sista'
Years
No, because we are only trying to complete a FR/LG , XD, R/S Pokedex. Maybe afterwards we will move to G/S/C, but that will be a while.

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
Psyke said:
Awww that dosn't seem that fair guys, why not gold and silver? is it becauss there is a higher chance of obtaining them or somthing ? i'm a little confussed here
It's not just the higher chances because of breeding, even though it is 1 in 64 if one parent is shiny, but because it's so easy to cheat in the games and with people owning them for longer times, we wouldn't be able to tell cheaters from those who just played for a really long time to get their shinys. Unless it was obvious.
I take it that your Butterfree is in Gold/Silver? It won't count for the shiny dex, but you're still very welcome to be a member of this club. :)
shido said:
OH NO *runs to lady darkmoon and points to pkmn prodigy* hes hunting the rare absol tooooooooooooooooooo !!!!! WE MUST HURRY :(
*laughs* It's okay, it's okay shido-kun, I've had people hunt them before, I've had people catch them before. *dressed in armor* Of course you know this meens war.

Yuscrecio

Fellow Sista'
Years
Ut-oh... *puts on helmet and hides behing truck* This is gonna get messy! XP

OHHH... so that's what soft resetting is!!!!!! O.O I'm gonna try that with a shiny Mudkip!!

Wait... if I start a new file, JUST to catch a shiny starter, will that still count? ^_^

Psyke

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2006
Lady Demoonica Darkmoon said:
It's not just the higher chances because of breeding, even though it is 1 in 64 if one parent is shiny, but because it's so easy to cheat in the games and with people owning them for longer times, we wouldn't be able to tell cheaters from those who just played for a really long time to get their shinys. Unless it was obvious.
I take it that your Butterfree is in Gold/Silver? It won't count for the shiny dex, but you're still very welcome to be a member of this club. :)
*laughs* It's okay, it's okay shido-kun, I've had people hunt them before, I've had people catch them before. *dressed in armor* Of course you know this meens war.
Thank You lady And yes it was for gold, And i understand now thanks for clearing that up guys, I'd LOVE To join if you Wouldn't mind but my post count is tiny XD

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2008
hmm...i never notice your name before "Pyske" i actually name my female gardevoir Psyke, but i spelled it "Psyche".....but any ways, still hatching for shiny absol....o luck yet (ill try and fill all 14 PC boxes by this week)

Yuscrecio

Fellow Sista'
Years
Way to be on task PP. :p

Anyway, now that I know what Soft Resetting is, I will try for a shiny Mudkip,a nd I won't search for shiny Magicarp anymore, it's geting frusterating. XD

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2008
ahhh....looking for shiny mudkip, now huh? XD good luck!! i found mine on the twelfth try!!
**I OFFICIALLY WISH LUCK TO ALL THOSE WHO ARE HUNTING FOR SHINY MUDKIP AND ABSOL!!**

Back