• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCenters in the Anime?

Synthrâx

Working On a New Fanfic!
Years
Quick question:

how long does it take to restore a Pokémon to full health on average in the PokéCenter in the anime? I need to know for my FF...

I know it's not 3 seconds like it is in the games... but I need a relatively precise answer.
: D

-Alex...

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
It would seem that for serious cases, anywhere from a few hours to a day or two. I can't recall normal visits, at the top of my head.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Oh, and does anyone know if Staraptor could carry a man in flight?

Maybe a small man, but if it is the same size as a Pidgeot, then it should be able to, as I distinctively remember a Pideot carrying a trainer in the first movie (Cory?)

Synthrâx

Working On a New Fanfic!
Years
Haha thanks for the continued answers : D

I actually did some research for myself and found out that Staraptor can carry people on it's back, and actually do it for a long distance. Oh, and at a high rate of speed :P

Thanks for your help!

-Alex...

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
This thread does not belong in this Catergory :3

I will unfourtunately be contacting a moderator to move or close this thread.

Sorry for any inconvinence and if I am wrong I am terribly sorry.

Will be contacting a mod about the mini-modding. ♥

The original question was for fanfiction research, so I'm pretty sure it's actually kosher, guys, especially since we in the PFF&P tend to ask these kinds of things all the time in the FFL for the sake of making our fics true to canon and/or realistic. (Not to mention it's never actually explicitly stated in the anime. Simply implied. Fic writers just tend to specify which canon they're using because every canon follows slightly different rules.) How about actually answering the question instead of going around forums, looking for things to report? Not to mention, at the risk of being hypocritical, shouldn't you, you know, not spam the crap out of a thread and just report something you find off?

That said, to add to Feign's response, yeah, it would depend on what they're in for. I would imagine that a routine checkup wouldn't take as long as a couple of hours, though.

As for explaining how Staraptor uses Fly (because it's one thing to know that it's able to do that and another thing to actually show it), in general, anything that can use Fly can actually, by some miracle, carry a human being. How you execute this fact depends on how you think as a writer. I've seen some fic writers say that the bird grows in size and others just have the bird be really strong. And at least one canon (Special) blows off logical proportions altogether. (Oh, Farfetch'd.) Just saying this because I'm not sure if Fly's actually really mentioned, shown, or implied in the anime (except for in cases when the Pokémon is large enough to carry a human being on its back anyway or in cases where a trainer owns multiple members of the same species tied together), so it's just a set of a few ideas tossed out at you.

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Pokemon Centers: Probably in the neighborhood of 15 minutes to an hour. Haven't watched the anime lately, but I recall on a couple instances when the characters would drop off their Pokemon, go for a short walk, sometimes encounter the Character/Pokemon Of the Day, then head back to retrieve their Pokemon.

Flying: I just avoid the concept altogether in my writing. When my characters fly, they choose Delta or American Airlines instead of Pidgeot and Staraptor. The problem is, most of the bird Pokemon aren't big enough to realistically carry a human, and those that are are mostly legendaries, with a few exceptions like Tropius and the aforementioned Pidgeot. Staraptor, I'm not that sure about.

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2016
Thought I'd comment.

Pokémon Center-wise, it depends on the injuries of the Pokémon. If they're not too bad, then I'd assume it would take 10 minutes. If they're terrible wounds, it would probably take up to two days to heal them.

For the flying, I say if the Pokémon is as heavy or heavier than your character, they could probably fly them if they are 4'11" and up. I don't think a Staraptor could fly your character around, though. They're too light.​

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
I just handled flying like this: The Pokémon who are used for flying simply are bigger. That, or (if the rider is a child) they ride on the back/hold on to the claws (in Golbat's case)/hold on to the body (in Crobat's case). It's really not a realistic function for some Pokémon to do, so of course that's a big barrier. Even leaving it as is and saying Fly is sort of a super energy drink-type thing (that takes all of your energy and releases it at once) is acceptable, because it's pretty much that way in canon.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
Alternatively, if two bird Pokémon carried one trainer together by using a strand of creeper held under the dorsal guiding feathers, it might be slightly more realistic.

Sorry. I just had to.

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2016
There's a possibility this will be an easier way to explain it.

NO!
20090915064558%21016Pidgey.png

YES!
142Aerodactyl.png

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
That works too.

Of course, if it's a Pidgey we're talking about that's probably not much taller than a foot (don't have their heights off the top of my head) then there's no way in the darkdark inferno downstairs that it'll be carrying human weight any time soon. Pidgeotto (or, indeed, Aerodactyl) should cover it, though.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Not to mention that it would be much more cool if you were using an Aerodactyl instead of a Pidgey (or equivalent). XD

Bay

Years
Yeah, I would say five to ten minutes for a Pokemon to heal. If injured, depends though it could be a couple days or so if I remember.

As for flying, I think maybe a Starapator can if it's big enough. To me, some Pokemon can be bigger or smaller than what the Pokedex says and there's instances of that in anime and sometimes games. Also, ShinjisLover pretty much nailed it. XD; I would also think a ballon pokemon like Drifblm can carry fly people too (actually did that in my fic :P ). Hm...would be awesome to fly a Wigglytuff ballon. XD;

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
Drifblim might, but Drifloon is just too weak to move itself around properly and ends up floating away on the winds...

In any case, like some others have said it depends on the severity of the injury. If someone came back from a training session and their Pokémon's energy has been cut down a bit, then it shouldn't take more than twenty minutes. However, if the Pokémon is Burned/Poisoned/Paralyzed/Frozen/what have ye then it would probably be more around an hour to an hour and a half. Ditto for Fainting.

Sgt Shock

Goldsmith
Years
For resting, I strongly believe that it doesn't take more than five minutes (mine is like one but my characters are normally talking during the healing process so...) . For more serious cases though, I always viewed that they would have to be out of the pokeball to treat the injuries. For mild, many a day or two in the healing chamber could bring the back to health. That is just my idea with it. Honestly, you can play with it as much as you like. Just don't make it too ridiculous. :)

The Gaurdian

a change in your demeanour.
Years
"What? A Pidgey carrying a coconut?

It's not a question of where he grips it! It's a simple question of weight ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut."

Sorry, just had to.

But I think that they have enough time to go drink coffie during their break before they can go get their pokemon back.

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2016
Driblim has already been shown to be able to carry people in the anime. Of course, it can not be used to actually fly on, but it can be used to soften a fall. Humans are just much too heavy. Especially considering it's only 3'11". The ones in the anime were actually a bit bigger than that. I'd say the following are the only ones you should be able to fly on. <insert long post here =P>​

Spoiler:

And this is going by the average weight of about 120-130 lbs. at a height of 5'3", and I only looked through a list of Flying-type Pokémon, so I probably missed some. Like it's probably possible to ride on the back of a Mewtwo while it's in-flight. A child, someone about 4'02" at a weight of around 89 lbs., would probably be able to ride on Staraptor, Fearow, and Drifloon/Drifblim.

Back