• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Well, that was painful

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
What was your most painful injury?
Not the most interesting topic, but seems poll-worthy to me.

-
I get hurt relatively often, but it usually isn't all that bad. I remember it being horribly painful to have a needle (for a numbing shot because I needed stitches) jammed into a portion of my heel that was already cut open, though. I had lost a piece of my heel when I stepped on a glass picture frame. Still can't feel part of my foot because of that, but the nerves seem to be slowly healing. I really need to go dig up the picture of my stitched-up foot to post here ahaha.

If not that, then I'm going to go with twisting my ankle sometime ago. Seems lame, but by how painful it was, there was potential it had twisted far enough to break. I was amazed that it was possible for something to hurt that much without easing. I was with other people, so I just had to fake a straight face and limp back to the car (I couldn't put any weight on that foot/ankle).

It was also painful having my sister drop me on my head on the corner of a glass-top stove when I was like 7. >_> My best friend pointed out that it could have been worse: the stove could have been turned on.

Having my face covered in severe second degree burns wasn't very fun, either.

Those are the only ones I can remember. I'm sure literally having my skin burned off with chemicals must have hurt like heck, but I can't remember it.

Last edited:

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Hidden in case people have weak stomachs.

Spoiler:

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
The only injury that I have had was when I broke my arm when I was 7. Fell off a wall and hit the floor arm first.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
My most painful injury is when I was in high school

It was icey outside and I was in a rush to get to school. I slipped on some ice and broke my leg in three places.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
TBH I am pretty lucky and I try to keep myself safe.. I think my most painful "injury" is when I fell head-first backwards onto the ice (I used to do figure skating and I did an unsuccessful maneouver.) That reaally hurt and I got a concussion.

Other than that, I would have to say I used to have some really terrible period pains that would go on for hours in the middle of the night and make me throw up. Felt like stabbing knives and like something in my spleen exploded or something.. was horrible.

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
When I was eleven I fell off my skateboard and caught myself with my hands, thus breaking my left wrist into three pieces, as the doctor described it iirc. My arm looked so crazy, kind of twisted and bent out of shape. I- honest-to-God- thought I was mutating into an alien. That frightened me enough to distract me from the pain.

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
Years
I fell over like every 10 minutes as a kid... but I haven't ever had any major injury. My most recent painful experience ('cause it's the most painful I can think of atm), is the other day when I woke up, and I had slept in a wrong position, so I could not turn my head to the right or lean it to the right without getting a stabbing pain from down behind my neck up to behind my right ear. (I worked on it and 2 days later it was back to normal [nearly], now I can move my head around but I sometimes get a very dull pain)

Honest

Hi!
Years
Hah, I hurt myself all the time. My friends call me a masochistic.

Anywho, the most painful injury I can recall was falling/jumping off a tree when I was 15 feet up it. Landed awkwardly and couldn't put pressure on my right leg for a week. Missed out on three days of school.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
2 particular injuries come to mind.

First one was where I had my palm sliced open by a steak knife as I was opening up a Christmas gift back when I was still a kid. Second one was where I was in middle school and I ended up having my ankle twisted to where I couldn't walk right for about a month at least, how I got that one though is a mystery even to me.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I rarely get any wounds or bruises or scars. I'm pretty careful with my body, so I don't get down and dirty with things. When I do get scars, it'll be just a small little scratch.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
The most recent injuries I had obtained were when I went ice skating last year.

One incident was when I slipped and fell on the ice, landed squarely on my left elbow (or was it my right?) and ended up with a huge bruise plus a swelling about the size of a grape. No joke. Luckily there wasn't any bleeding or else things might have been worse. It didn't hurt much though; the cold made it too numb for any sense of pain.

Another incident was when I slipped backwards (a similar incident to Kura's) and banged the back of my head hard on the uneven, rough ice. Slept for many hours out of minor concussion when I got home.

Years
The two most painful I can think of both involve nearly breaking bones of mine.

First was when I was still young, we had one of those large plastic pools, and a few kids, including me, thought it would be a great idea to get a lawn chair and jump off that into the pool. Well, it was a great idea - until I somehow landed on my hand the wrong way. Oh yeah, thankfully my finger wasn't broken, but it hurt for a good long while (I do vaguely recall howling in pain over it) and even had to be kept in a splint while it recovered.

Second was a few years back. I was outside looking for something - I want to say a cat - when my feet didn't quite clear a pile of wooden boards sitting right outside our garage and SLAM goes my big toe straight into it. Yeah, I was certain that one was broken, it certainly looked like it could have been, but it was just bruised rather badly according to the doctor.

So. yeah. :P

Crux

Evermore
Years
Hum, I can think of two.

One was when I running, tripped, and skidded across concrete on my face.
It looked like I had been attacked by a cheese grater.

And the other would be when I was way younger and was tossed up ten feet into the air.
It wouldn't have been bad had I not landed on the edge of a stair head first. Yup, stitches.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Most of my injuries are pretty much from my foot. But I rarely (pretty much never) broke a bone in my life.

Spoilered it because it contains a bit of graphical stuff (no pics though) so it's best to stay on the safe side. :P

Spoiler:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I have had like no injuries lol. I never do anything active so I don't get injured much at all. I think the most painful injury I've ever had was when my knee weakened randomly in the middle of a car park when I was 7 years old and I split my knee open and had to have three stitches put into it.

Yup, that's my big heroic injury tale. Three whole stitches :P

The Amazing Justin

The Original Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 28, 2016
I have had like no injuries lol. I never do anything active so I don't get injured much at all. I think the most painful injury I've ever had was when my knee weakened randomly in the middle of a car park when I was 7 years old and I split my knee open and had to have three stitches put into it.

Yup, that's my big heroic injury tale. Three whole stitches :P

Same here. I don't do much during my days and therefore, am not in any type of recovery.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Not really an injury but it's the most painful thing I can remember atm. It was when I was sitting against the heater and my cat came along and I petted her but she was irritated and clawed, so I pulled my arm back as a reflex and it hit the heater really hard right on my funny bone (makes it sound less serious but anyway lol) and it was just in an instant immense pain, felt like my whole arm was numb and on fire, and I can remember lying on the ground and screaming really hard because it was just terrible lol. Two fingers stayed numb for a while after too and that spot is now even more sensitive than it normally is haha.

Years
Getting hit on the funny bone is no joke. This one time I was sparring in karate and my opponent goes to roundhouse me so I go to block it, but he ends up kicking me on the funny bone and like my arm was just screwed. It hurt him too but my arm just died, rush of pins and needles and pain and numbness. Forget getting a dead arm, that **** is fine after a few minutes but this was like, I couldn't even use it properly after I got hit for the rest of the evening. Whoever came up with the term 'funny bone' is a sadistic mother****er.

But my worst injury ever is probably when I simultaneously dislocated and broke my elbow from jumping off the monkey bars as a kid. I couldn't feel any pain at the time but I remember screaming for a teacher for ages on end. There was a period after the operation where the elbow joint would flare up while I was punching with my arm but thankfully that doesn't happen to me anymore and while that arm will never ever be able to fully straighten out again, it has healed well.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
Put bike on full speed, like pedaling to death
Trying to turn
Bike drifts and falls over
I land on my arm and the thing is bleeding to death
I still have the scar xD

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
I was in shop class a few years ago, and I was using a scroll saw. My friend said something funny, and my concentration slipped. Unfortunately, my hand also slipped - right into the saw, slicing my finger. I had to get stitches, and it hurt like hell.

Also, back when I was in middle school, my class had a field trip to the ice rink. Now, I can't ice skate at all, and I made the unfortunate mistake of trying. By the end of the day, I was covered in bruises and I had the wind knocked out of me numerous times.

To add to that misery, the next day I got strep throat. So yeah, covered in bruises, ridiculously sore, and infected with strep.

There was also the time I had 2 cavities. Got 'em filled, and the dentist didn't use Novacaine. Oh, and they were deep cavities that really needed Novacaine.

Last edited:
Back