• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurono

Remember?
Years
On a less suggestive topic, my learning to sing screamo style is coming along nicely. (My throat feels raw. :x)

I never saw the appeal in screamo.

i mean i like guttural noises and screaming where they fit -- but I can't stand any song where it's just all screaming and incoherence.

/twocents

Last edited:

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
i mean i like guttural noises and screaming where they fit

if_you_know_what_i_mean_mr_bea.jpg

Anyway, screamo sucks. I listen to a wide varity of stuff, but I never liked screamo.

Crux

Evermore
Years
Whoa, whoa, whoa, people... let's not all start hating on a music genre!
To clarify, i'm learning to scream because it'll both help me in gaining better control of my voice, and a lot of metal, rock, and heavy rock make use of screams in the vocals.
Personally, I don't listen to much screamo, but i've also not heard much.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I don't really see the appeal in screamo. I mean I love listening to rock and metal, but there's only a few screamo songs that I find decent.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I'm open to all genres but I haven't yet found a screamo song I like. System of a Down doesn't count right?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
screamo is one of the few types of music i cannot get into. at all really.

i am too lazy to make a valentine time's day theme. i don't think i have ever made one either that i can bring back.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
screamo is one of the few types of music i cannot get into. at all really.

i am too lazy to make a valentine time's day theme. i don't think i have ever made one either that i can bring back.

Yea this is my first Valentine's on PC haha so to commemorate the occasion, Valentine's Theme!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
actually i think i did have a colette avatar i made for this day. but meh. too lazy and i like my current avatar too much.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I would make a Valentines Day theme but Im too lazy to make a theme just for one day. Cherrim stays.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Usually doesn't take me too long to make a theme...especially one this simple.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
i take too long to make themes sometimes. more effort than it is worth. though really i could bring back my old theme. it's... kind ... of... shippy.... kind of.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Also I dont know how to make my own images(banners and such)so that also is why I dont change themes too often.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I've used like maybe 3 or 4 different themes since I joined this site. Can't remember the last time I had a theme though, but it's been awhile.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
i change my avatar and signature way too many times for it to be healthy. and i've been doing it waaay before other people who seem to change it constantly do it. and i take no pride in that.

and speaking of changing things i have changed my avatar for today. it's v-day themed enough okok.

Sir Codin

for the most part Screamo is emo rock bands
Screamo is essentially hardcore punk-influenced emo.

Also, before anyone asks, NO, screamo is not related to metal in any way.

These answers are one of the few things Yahoo answers got right:

Ignorant teenagers think any type of band that uses any type of "unclean" vocals is screamo because to them, it's "screaming". They probably heard some death metal band and since death metal is abundant with growls they think its screamo because of the vocals.

One time some kid on youtube said "screamo music is when someone screams in the song"

The idiocy of todays youth makes me sad, it makes me want to be 28
For some reason screaming vocals have been attributed to metal by many people, when it is actually a punk trait. The harsh vocals that are found in metal are usually just growls or shrieks, not actual screaming as such. People just dont seem to realize that metal is a genre defined by the instrumentation, vocal style does not matter. You can scream all you want, but unless you use heavily distorted guitars, and just a general heaviness to the music then it isnt metal.

The aggression of hardcore, screamo etc is found in the vocals, while in metal it is the instrumental sound. Alot of people assume that vocal aggression automatically means its metal.

I hope you all learned something today and I hope you no longer equate "screamo" with metal. My blood pressure thanks you for your attention.

Last edited:

droomph

weeb
Years
I hope you all learned something today and I hope you no longer equate "screamo" with metal. My blood pressure thanks you for your attention.
screamo is metal. i will not change my opinion.

Actually I don't care, I'll listen to anything that sounds good.

Which means anything that doesn't have garden spades running over tiles as a sound effect

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
A form of metal or not, I think we can all agree that the people that sing screamo really need to have their tongues ripped out.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Agreed. I can't think of anything else that can be as ear grating as screamo. It's definitely not something that I would want to wake up to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back