• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Luvdisc: Good or Bad?

• Thread starter Pokémon Trainer 188
  • Start date

Pokémon Trainer 188

Ok so here's another one for you what do you think of Luvdisc I've never used one and always end up forgetting it's in the game ~_~

What do you think? :)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Luvdisc is...eh. I used it for the Valentine's Day challenge, and it was okay, but it's severely outclassed by pretty much every other Water type in the game. I like Luvidsc personally, but I know it's generally hated by Pokemon fans.

btw, I hope you don't make a habit of making these kinds of threads for every Pokemon in RSE. They're okay for certain Pokemon, but just don't go overboard and fill the whole forum with them.

Pokémon Trainer 188

Haha Don't worry I might make one or two other ones on Underrated Pokemon :D

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
Years
While Luvdisc is an... interesting? Pokémon, I have never used it and I don't plan on using it either. It has kind of good speed, but really low HP. Its low defence and special defence stats don't help either. While there are Pokémon with bad HP and defence but good attack, Luvdisc doesn't even have a good attack stat.

So, while Luvdisc would be really interesting for a challenge run (maybe even a Nuzlocke run?), I personally don't like its stats, so my answer is bad.

Name

Moémon Master
Years
Luvdisc is cute, I'd keep one in an aquarium just to look at it.
For movies (i know that's a diff generation) or contests I'd enter a luvdisc, because look at it!
I'd let it stay at home rather than use it for battles though. . .

Sirfetch’d

Luvdisc is an adorable Pokemon that I will always remember because of it's cute little design, but it is a horrible Pokemon in battle. There is really no way that this Pokemon can compete with others. So yea, it's a balance of good and bad.

blue

gucci
Years
Luvdisc is a cute, well designed Pokémon, it may not have the best stats but it's a pretty little Pokémon don'tcha think?

Years
  • Seen Sep 12, 2016
She's not the best when it comes to battle,
but she's great in when it comes to Pokemon Contests!

Years
Luvdisc is a cute looking pokemon who unfortunately is hated by most of the fans though. If you talk about it as a contest poke then it's good otherwise in battling it's quite weak

Years
Short version: It sucks.

Long version: Maybe it sees more use in contests, just like Sunkern in Pokeathlon, but other than that, I don't see the appeal in its design, I don't see the appeal in its stats, and overall, it's nothing more than a gimmick, which inevitably means, it sucks.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
I kinda like it. Would never use it (unless it's good in pokéathlon in Gen IV) but I was still pretty proud when I finally caught my first one the other day (I'd always thought they were found west of Pacifidlog Town, rather than west of Ever Grande City, which might have been part of the issue).
Holding Heart Scales is also a very useful thing to do. Plus, they'd be good for EV training an electric-type such as Manectric or Raichu in Speed.
Even with its awful stats (other than speed) it would be quite good except its movepool is typically limited for a water-type. I think they should've given it Psychic moves.

Years
It's cute but when it comes to battles it just.. doesn't do very well. :( I only really caught one for the Pokedex. Afterwards I mostly fought them for Heart Scales.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
While Luvdisc is cute, and is a good way of farming Heart Scales, it's a very weak Pokemon in the end. Its movepool is terrible too

Years
Luvdisc may look adorable as heck, but its stats ensure it sucks in battle. It does make a good method of obtaining Heart Scales though.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Luvdisc is a cutiepie but you kind of have to judge a book by its cover here. Almost every single water-type bar Feebas/Magikarp outrates it in almost every way possible. Stats? Luvdisc's stats are horrible and a two-year old could get past it. Overall look of toughness? Its a smoochy valentine's fish, how tough is that? Not very. Arguably the only purpose Luvdisc serves is Heart Scales and the only reason you'd probably use it in competitive is to pull off Sweet Kiss/Toxic/scald burn. But this can be performed by so many other Pokemon and Luvdisc just doesn't have the ability to stall or damage. Luvdisc you're adorable but you're not gonna be the next Pokemon master. Sorry. :p

tsubaki9

Send the dead back to dead!
Years
I think it's not good.
Yes, it's cute but it sucks at battling.
I always catch it for Heart Scales.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Bad stats, so-so design, etc. etc. etc. etc.

Personally, I thought its design was really creepy because of the beak. For some reason the beak throws me off a lot. But that didn't stop me from catching like 40 of them for their Heart Scales.

Falsever

Nation Blue
Years
I don't really like its design, it's just a heart with a face, nothing else.
Not just a design, it has horrible stats, I can't even use it in the battle.
But well, it's not bad in contests, I won the contest with my Luvdisc.
So in my opinion, it's bad in battles but good in contests.

Magic Magikarp

Magikarp is terrifying
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 8, 2013
NO NO NO! Besides the fact that they hold heart scales, nifty. Interesting that they did that so we can reteach moves easier but still NO! Don't even catch them just use Theif. Waste of balls, they'd just end up in the PC box of doom for eternity next to my Linoone slave and Azumarill (no hard feelings Azumarill)

Back