• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Cobalt [Indefinite Hiatus]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
This hack is currently on an indefinite hiatus. If you want to see my most recent ROM hack, Pokémon Gaia, click me.

fpFB7wu.png

Pokémon Cobalt

Cobalt is a ROM Hack of Pokémon Firered BPRE in English.

Entei, Raikou and Suicune are part of a trio known as the legendary Beasts. The Beasts all possess items of great power; the Molten Garnet, the Arctic Lapis-Lazuli and the Charged Topaz. If brought together, the items will create an energy with the potential of reshaping continents; flattening mountains; evaporate oceans. Team Aura have set out to capture the Beasts, to harness this energy.

Your brother won the Felith Pokémon League a few years ago. Now it's your turn to have an adventure in the world of Pokémon! After choosing either Treecko, Torchic or Mudkip, your adventure begins! Along the way, you'll investigate the shady Team Aura, venture to the Hoenn region, discover new Pokémon, win badges, go to a virtual world, battle trainers, and, at the end of it all, become a Pokémon Champion! What are you waiting for? Leap into the world of Felith in Pokémon Cobalt!​

Features (in Beta 1.4)

• Sinnoh, Unova and Kalos Pokémon. Be prepared to encounter Pokémon such as Sylveon, Sandile, Riolu and more!
  • Updated mechanics. The Generation 4 physical / special / status split, updated moves and learn sets, the Fairy-type, Generation 4, 5 and 6 moves and more.
  • Hidden Grottoes. These hold rare Pokémon and items!
  • Gold Poké Balls. Try and collect them all for special prizes.
  • Access to Hoenn. Connected via Slateport City, your journey will take you through both Felith and Hoenn!
  • Rock Climb and Climbable Walls. HM05 Rock Climb requires no badge to be used, and allows access to secrets and rewards!

Screenshots

oCA7GmM.png
FDOIPgM.png
VU9b4Ph.png

6rKn1PY.png
g0ILRm9.png
oEcr5Xb.png

s4cfafp.png
0QVa3FQ.png
T2PoHq1.png

HqV6iYS.gif
fRtsf4C.png
rHfOfOI.png

Vd61QPn.png
EAtLjMq.png
wTkozpZ.png

ZDKj5OZ.png
F12FYNH.png
jkjw0Hi.png

uPI3bmS.png
5A99UgN.png
CrbtcZN.png

e9QM9be.png
c6PsfZm.png
HRYw3kH.png

Known bugs and oddities

• Saving does not work. You must use Save States.
  • Refrain from using Autofire A or any speed up options when taking part in the Berryfall Bridge Juicing Contest.
  • The textbox that says "the caught Pokémon was sent to the Box" does not display.
  • Juices have no sprites yet.
  • Running when dressed in the Team Aura uniform will glitch the sprite.
  • Moves without their new animations simply use Pound's animation.
  • Camouflage is just bugged - it doesn't do what it's supposed to, it hurts the user, and sometimes misses!
  • The Move Relearner's interface shows a Fairy-type icon.
  • Some Pokémon still do not have updated sprites.

Special Thanks and Credits

Tools used

Downloads

• Cobalt Beta 1.4
    Release Date: 18th February 2014
    Notes: Fixes loads of bugs, introduces the Fairy-type, completely overhauls certain parts of the game (including maps, flags, scripts, the level curve, Hoenn is no longer accessible, etc.). Essentially what 1.0 was to Dark Cobalt, but for 1.3. Four Gyms. Ends at Corona Walk.
    Mirrors: sphericalice.co | sendspace
  • Cobalt Beta 1.1 and 1.2
    Notes: Fixed loads of minor bugs.
  • Cobalt Beta 1.0
    Release Date: 2nd August 2013
    Notes: Completely redid Dark Cobalt, with a new name, new maps, rescripted events, and more. Four Gyms. Ends at Ash Hills. Very buggy.
  • Dark Cobalt Beta 1
    Release Date: 7th July 2011
    Notes: This version is very outdated, is no longer supported, and is only up for archival purposes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
I have a question: would people prefer a shorter, closer alpha, or a longer, but further away alpha?

Teaser:
NobodyMove-1.png
SomeTimeLater.png
Raikou.png
I'll eventually change the Rocket OW for Team Aura OWs

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
This all looks good :3
And to be honest I'd rather wait for an official beta. They'd be more stuff for us to do in the game. :D

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Yay, Dark Cobalt is back :3

You've always been able to make the generic FR tiles look far better in your game than most others. But can I make a few suggestions? In the eighth screenshot the pond/ lake would look much better if it had greater rounding around it's edges (which you can do by using tiles 1AB and 1AC in a regular tileset). The last screenshot also shows a small ledge being sucked into a mountain - While I can see this as being useable I generally find it preferable to end the ledge is it's regular fashion. Your screenshot are still looking great though and I would have to agree that a beta would be preferable to an alpha.

I also think Ben is pretty smexy.

Years
This all looks good :3
And to be honest I'd rather wait for an official beta. They'd be more stuff for us to do in the game. :D

Thanks, and okay.

Yay, Dark Cobalt is back :3

You've always been able to make the generic FR tiles look far better in your game than most others. But can I make a few suggestions? In the eighth screenshot the pond/ lake would look much better if it had greater rounding around it's edges (which you can do by using tiles 1AB and 1AC in a regular tileset). The last screenshot also shows a small ledge being sucked into a mountain - While I can see this as being useable I generally find it preferable to end the ledge is it's regular fashion. Your screenshot are still looking great though and I would have to agree that a beta would be preferable to an alpha.

I also think Ben is pretty smexy.
\o/

Thanks. I actually have changed that since I took that screenshot. Thanks anyway. And I've fixed the ledge too. Okay, so far beta is winning.

Route1-1.png
Flirty-1.png

LilacCity.png
Beach.png

Will the doors ever close? Will Ben ever find true happiness?
Find out next time. The same bat-time, the same bat-channel.

Last edited:
Years
This looks fantastic! I like the way you presented your hack, I also love your storyline, it sounds very interesting. Another thing, will you change the palettes a little? Not a major change though. Urm... and maybe change the hero Ow?

Anyway, I wish you good luck! I also want a beta, and not an alpha.

marcc5m

what
Years
You already know I love this hack,and I'm so glad it's back now.
The tiles--although the original FR tiles--look really nice with your mapping.
I think that maybe using the emerald grass would be a good idea though.
Also, any screens of the fakemon? :)
Oh, and release the beta whenever you want. Take your time with it.

Years
This looks fantastic! I like the way you presented your hack, I also love your storyline, it sounds very interesting. Another thing, will you change the palettes a little? Not a major change though. Urm... and maybe change the hero Ow?

Anyway, I wish you good luck! I also want a beta, and not an alpha.

Thanks! I'm not so sure what to change the palettes to, so for now they're going to remain the same. As for the player overworld, I've definitely got plans for that. The same applies for the Gym Leaders, Team Aura, the rivals, etc. etc.

Thanks again, and I'm probably going to stick with a beta.

You already know I love this hack,and I'm so glad it's back now.
The tiles--although the original FR tiles--look really nice with your mapping.
I think that maybe using the emerald grass would be a good idea though.
Also, any screens of the fakemon? :)
Oh, and release the beta whenever you want. Take your time with it.

Hey, I guess it's only me who hates my mapping, whatever. I dunno about Emerald grass, for now I'm keeping it as it is. I'm probably going to reveal a few fakemon soon, but I can't right now because I'm a lazy so and so they aren't actually inserted yet. :x

Enemies.png
MysteryTrainerBattle.png

Last edited:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Enemies.png

There should be shading on the building where the roof meets the walls. Jus sayin'

Apart from that ... Yay :D

Years
Enemies.png

There should be shading on the building where the roof meets the walls. Jus sayin'

Apart from that ... Yay :D

Aha! That's what was wrong. Thought something looked off. Thanks.

I've fixed it, but I reuploading means playing through the whole game again, so yeah. It is fixed though. :D

Very nice looking. I like the story as well, keep up the good work!

Thanks!

--

Thanks to diegoisawesome's awesome research, I've removed the "Previously on your quest" part. It was glitchy anyway. :D

JustMagikarp.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
I'm glad to see it back! :3 You always seem to make FR tiles look good. Definitely better than my hack, at least. I'll look forward to a beta. :D

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Hey, that team Aura headquarters -script looks pretty nice !
Keep it up, this hack seems to have potential to go far :)

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
i doubt we have spoken but i have to say looks great its sricts look deent maps look great you make the Fr tiles work i will be honest most fr tiles look well bad but you make em look great hmmm i like the story line with the jewels (whatever they are called ) i thinks its awsome haha its orginal and i like the concept ..... uhm well good luck i will always be a supporter lol

Years
Hey, that team Aura headquarters -script looks pretty nice !
Keep it up, this hack seems to have potential to go far :)

Thanks. It's not that good if I'm honest - the player hardly has any control except walking up to the guard. :/ Thanks anyway.

i doubt we have spoken but i have to say looks great its sricts look deent maps look great you make the Fr tiles work i will be honest most fr tiles look well bad but you make em look great hmmm i like the story line with the jewels (whatever they are called ) i thinks its awsome haha its orginal and i like the concept ..... uhm well good luck i will always be a supporter lol
I think I managed to decipher this. Thanks, most people have been saying I make the FR tiles look good, but that's not true because the FR tiles /are/ good. The story really revolves around the Static Fur, Molten Rock and Arctic Shard but I guess you're talking about the Power Sapphires. Thanks anyway. :D

Some new/unseen screenshots:
NationalPokdex.png
CoralForestSignpost.png
HardtogetThrough.png
LilacCity-1.png
Enemy.png
CardboardTrees.png
Knockitover.png
Pathwascleared.png
Outfit.png
UnderForest1-1.png
Psyduck-1.png
Lapras.png

And a video:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
:O Cardboard trees ... This is blasphemy!!!
Professor Redwood seems kind ... a bit to kind.
I mean these sapphires and a Pokémon. Something must be up xD

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
CARDBOARD...... CARDboard ...... cardboard
i have to say now thats original ;) haha awsome sreenies

Years
:O Cardboard trees ... This is blasphemy!!!
Professor Redwood seems kind ... a bit to kind.
I mean these sapphires and a Pokémon. Something must be up xD
Nah, he'll have quite a few tasks for you in return when you meet him at his lab. After all, unlike most Professors, he has no aides. >:
CARDBOARD...... CARDboard ...... cardboard
i have to say now thats original ;) haha awsome sreenies

:D Thanks

FireGym1.png
FireGym2.png

A preview of the not-yet-scripted Fire Gym. :D
(yeah, I've noticed the tile error in the second screen ;o;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back