• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Celestial Daze

Holiday Alt. = Holidaze
Years
I guess these would work:

Red
Silver(Very near White)
Crystal(some can be white)
Ruby
FireRed
SoulSilver
White

That's how I see it :)

Lezza

The Guy who loves Braviarys
Years
Yeah, I christmas one is most likely. Started on the 25th Nov since thats a month before christmas

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
I guess these would work:

Red
Silver(Very near White)
Crystal(some can be white)
Ruby
FireRed
SoulSilver
White

That's how I see it :)
You forgot Emerald! Maybe Pearl/Diamond as well, since those can also be white/clear.

Although I think she'll go for the actual game colors...

Hmm, I wonder what the actual challenge will be...

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I always thought Gold of more of a Christmas color than Silver. Gold star and whatnot.

I'd go:
Red/Yellow
Gold
Ruby/Emerald
FireRed/LeafGreen
Diamond
HeartGold
White

Celestial Daze

Holiday Alt. = Holidaze
Years
You forgot Emerald! Maybe Pearl/Diamond as well, since those can also be white/clear.

Although I think she'll go for the actual game colors...

Hmm, I wonder what the actual challenge will be...

1. I have ceased to try to understand the complexity of Sydian's gender but I think "she's" a he ...

2. I wonder too ... Just hope it's awesome ^_^

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Wooo!!! I finally had some free time, so I went through all the challenges that I've ever done, and all the ones that I want to do. I compiled them into a nice little list too!

According to my calculations, I have completed 56 Monotype Challenges, 20 Solo Challenges on Red/Blue, and 26 other random challenges. Unfortunately, they won't all fit in a signiture, so I'm just storing them on my personal notepad. That means, I have finished a total of 102 Challenges!

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Wooo!!! I finally had some free time, so I went through all the challenges that I've ever done, and all the ones that I want to do. I compiled them into a nice little list too!

According to my calculations, I have completed 56 Monotype Challenges, 20 Solo Challenges on Red/Blue, and 26 other random challenges. Unfortunately, they won't all fit in a signiture, so I'm just storing them on my personal notepad. That means, I have finished a total of 102 Challenges!
hmmm, that is a lot. Maybe I should count mine too.

76 Monotypes, 13 Solos, 2 Favorites, 1 Ones that Got Away, 4 Username, 4 Trio-Species, 1 Duo, 1 Special Pairs, 1 Beginning Letter (N), 1 Dual-Type, 2 Pokebros, and 4 event challenges...I'm prolly missing a couple other ones, this is just off the top of my head.

Well, counting those, I have done...110 challenges! Hehe Myrrhman. Although you are doing good with those RBY solos, so you'll prolly overtake me soon.

I'm almost done with Dark type on Black, though. Just waiting till Winter so I can get the Substitute TM (stupid snow...) for Scrafty (Focus Punch FTW!).

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
hmmm, that is a lot. Maybe I should count mine too.

76 Monotypes, 13 Solos, 2 Favorites, 1 Ones that Got Away, 4 Username, 4 Trio-Species, 1 Duo, 1 Special Pairs, 1 Beginning Letter (N), and 4 event challenges...I'm prolly missing a couple other ones, this is just off the top of my head.

Well, counting those, I have done...107 challenges! Hehe Myrrhman. Although you are doing good with those RBY solos, so you'll prolly overtake me soon.

I'm almost done with Dark type on Black, though. Just waiting till Winter so I can get the Substitute TM (stupid snow...) for Scrafty (Focus Punch FTW!).
I will have you yet!

And now that Winter break is starting (today was the last day of classes, one week of finals now!), I'll be sure to hit the challenges hard this month. I REALLY need to finish up the monotypes. Just have a little over half of the 4th gen ones and all 17 of the 5th. I still haven't bothered looking for a good ROM for B/W.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I could never count the challenges I've done. I did so many as a kid and I do a lot now, and it'd just take too long. I doubt it's over a hundred, but if I had to estimate, it's probably around 50 or 60. I can barely keep track of what I've even done since the Challenge forum showed up, lol. And you think that would help me!

1. I have ceased to try to understand the complexity of Sydian's gender but I think "she's" a he ...

I feel so popular. People still contemplate my gender, haha. Perhaps I should go back to the theme I was using this time last year. It had my picture in it. :P

Oh, and on the subject of the games I chose for the event, I went for the traditional red, green, and white, if you didn't already figure that out haha. I know Gold is a Christmas color, but eh, I just didn't see it fitting. Pearl makes me think of pink, Crystal makes me think of blue, Platinum makes me think of gray, so that's why those aren't in there, event though the actual metals/whatever would suffice for the color white. But eh. And I know Silver isn't White, but a gen II game had to fit in there somehow, right?!

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I could never count the challenges I've done. I did so many as a kid and I do a lot now, and it'd just take too long. I doubt it's over a hundred, but if I had to estimate, it's probably around 50 or 60. I can barely keep track of what I've even done since the Challenge forum showed up, lol. And you think that would help me!

I feel so popular. People still contemplate my gender, haha. Perhaps I should go back to the theme I was using this time last year. It had my picture in it. :P
Lucky me, other than monotypes and the such, I pretty much started doing challenges when the challenge forum came into existence. So, I backtracked to the very beginning of the forum, and looked at every thread to see if i'd done it yet (or if I would like to do it, in which case I hyperlinked it in my sig, so i can go back and remember what it was all about.)

And to be fair, last year, you had both a girl AND a boy picture, both in the same kind of format. I know because I was wondering which you were riiiiight before that happened. Lucky me, I drove down to your school and found you, so now I know.
images

You're not safe

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Wow.

PC was being slow today, so I thought "I know! I'll go register on another pokemon forum! Then, I can see if they have any new challenges that I could try out/bring back to this forum!

I proceed to register on the bulbapedia forums. Not a challenge in sight. I didn't try THAT hard to find them, but they weren't in any obvious place.

Registered on serebii's forum. Found the challenges! This is their setup. Every generation has 4 challenges. The first is a monotype (damn straight it is.), the second is a scramble, the third is a Nuzlocke, and the fourth is one called "hit me with your best shot", which is essentially where all the other challenges go. Psssssssssh what lameos.

In summary, PC is the best challenge forum and will ALWAYS be the best challenge forum!!! GO PC!

Don't mean to offend anyone if they prefer a different forum, just stating my opinion.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yeah Myrrh, I saw Serebii's Challenge forum once and lol'd. Means a lot that you'd say that about PC's Challenge forum though. :')

And to be fair, last year, you had both a girl AND a boy picture, both in the same kind of format. I know because I was wondering which you were riiiiight before that happened. Lucky me, I drove down to your school and found you, so now I know.

Oh yeah! I was using a Selena Gomez avatar and then my pic in the sig, lol. And if you came to my school, you should have said hi. When did you come down here anyway? ...Why would you want to...other than to see, you know, the amazing Marching Southerners. -cough-

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Yeah Myrrh, I saw Serebii's Challenge forum once and lol'd. Means a lot that you'd say that about PC's Challenge forum though. :')

Oh yeah! I was using a Selena Gomez avatar and then my pic in the sig, lol. And if you came to my school, you should have said hi. When did you come down here anyway? ...Why would you want to...other than to see, you know, the amazing Marching Southerners. -cough-
... Really? I can't believe I didn't know what Selena Gomez looked like back then. And I didn't actually come, I get quite a heavy dose of the Pride of the Southland band here at UT.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Hey, just a quiet post to say, please vote for me as the Best Challenger in Member of the Year thread. The other members nominated are mondays suck (again) and Sooyun (where's myrrhman...).

linky link link

Sydian, could I cast a vote for myrrhman if I wanted to? I feel like he should have been nominated... read the rules, it's sad.

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
I thought of an idea.

For all the super popular challenges (Monotype, Solo, Scramble, Nuzlocke, really any challenge that seems to get revived a whole bunch), we should make a generic account called like 'PC Challenge Forum' or something, and let a few of the challenge regulars all have the password for it. That way, it would reduce the amount of complaining about lack of updating/threads won't lose interest because the OP never updates.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
I thought of an idea.

For all the super popular challenges (Monotype, Solo, Scramble, Nuzlocke, really any challenge that seems to get revived a whole bunch), we should make a generic account called like 'PC Challenge Forum' or something, and let a few of the challenge regulars all have the password for it. That way, it would reduce the amount of complaining about lack of updating/threads won't lose interest because the OP never updates.

Hmm, that's an interesting idea. Sydian, your input please.

The Lord of Smug
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Oh my god you guys, Blaze Black/Volt White is amazing.

Increased difficulty levels + all 649 pokemon + a huge variety of pokemon early on makes for the best challenge game ever.

I thoroughly recommend this hack to anybody who is bored of easy challenges.

EDIT: Also, I fully support the Challenges Account thing. As long as people don't abuse it (I dunno why they would though).

Years
Hey, just a quiet post to say, please vote for me as the Best Challenger in Member of the Year thread. The other members nominated are mondays suck (again) and Sooyun (where's myrrhman...).

linky link link

Sydian, could I cast a vote for myrrhman if I wanted to? I feel like he should have been nominated... read the rules, it's sad.

I find it absolutely hilarious I have been nominated again in that category and am actually being voted for. Absolutely hilarious.
SmileyGrinsStatic.gif

Now, I would vote in MOTY if that whole thing wouldn't be looking like it requires quite an amount of effort, so I probably am not going to bother - laziness shall prevail!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back