• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate my UU team please!

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Ambipom @ Normal Gem.
Ability: Technician.
EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 Speed / 4 Sp.Def
Jolly Nature.
- Fake out
- Double Hit
- U-Turn
- Acrobatics.

Ambipom is usually my lead in a UU battle as it can usually hit hard on any none ghost type pokemon with it's normal gem, technician boost fake out, Double Hit is another great move on a technician Ambipom as it can hit very hard with STAB and course alot of pokemon problems! U-turn is simply there if the pokemon I am starting against isn't worth wasting a Fake Out on and Acrobatics is a great move against people who think it is safe to bring in grass or fighting pokemon against me and with Technician/Acrobatics effect it goes to a meaty 135? base power.

Volbeat @ Damp Rock.
Ability: Prankster.
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Sp.Atk/ 4 Sp.Def
Modest Nature.
- Rain Dance.
- Thunder Wave.
- Tail Glow.
- Bug Buzz.

The only role I tend to use my Volbeat for is getting the rain up for my Kingdra, however if it manages to survive past the first turn I can set up a Thunder Wave then a Tail Glow and try to get as much damage onto the opponent before it is taken out!

Kingdra @ Choice Specs.
Ability: Swift Swim.
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 Sp.Def
Timid Nature.
- Surf.
- Ice Beam.
- Dragon Pulse.
- Hidden Power (Dark).

Kingdra is my special heavy hitter in my team, having it as a special hitter rather than a physical means that when brought in against pokemon like Sableye which like to use Will-O-Wisp, Kingdra can take it and still hit at maximum damage, I only ever bring in Kingdra after the Rain has been set up in order to outspeed everything, the reasoning behind having it as a timid nature is too give my Kingdra just enough speed in order outspeed a max speed Gardevoir with the trace ability.

Roserade @ Black Sludge.
Ability: Natural Cure.
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Sp.Atk/ 4 Sp.Def
Modest Nature.
- Sleep Powder.
- Giga Drain.
- Sludge Bomb.
- Aromatherapy.

My Roserade is quite a mixed set it is very special attacking with Giga Drain and Sludge bomb being able to do serious damage even against pokemon which resist both those moves, while having sleep powder will render pokemon like Bronzong useless from being able to set up Stealth rocks or using Explosion and the final role my Roserade takes is being the curer for my team by carrying the Aromatherapy.

Hitmontop @ Choice Scarf.
Ability: Intimidate.
EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP
Jolly Nature.
- Rapid Spin.
- Sucker Punch.
- Mach Punch.
- Close Combat.

The major role of my Hitmontop is to get rid of any entry hazards people try to lay down to take out my attacking pokemon, I use a choice scarf Hitmontop as it outspeeds alot of Heracross's and is able to take them down with a Close Combat, This is it really apart from crippling physical attackers with Intimidate it really doesn't do much of anything else.

Raikou @ Leftovers.
Ability: Pressure.
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP
Rash Nature.
- Thunder.
- Calm Mind.
- Aura Sphere.
- Hidden Power (Grass)

Raikou is a pokemon which I have not much experience with but I find is very helpful with taking down the water pokemon that Roserade cannot deal with and also being able to hit Steel and Normal type pokemon quite well with Aura Sphere, the reason it is Rash Nature is because it has to be according to the rules! I choose Thunder over Thunderbolt because when the rain is set up by my Volbeat, Raikou can take advantage with a 100% accuracy more powerful electric attack!

Okay, that is my team! Give me any feedback you may have and let me know if there is room to improve my team. I do have trouble dealing with ghost pokemon, so that could be something someone could help me with.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Small nitpicks (since I really don't have much UU knowledge =/)

→ Scarf on Hitmontop is silly, if you get locked into Rapid Spin you give everything a free switch-in, where they can set up a free boost or a layer of hazards. Besides, you have 2 forms of priority with it, and Heracross resists CC anyways and it isn't going to do much. Give it Leftovers. if you want to leave your set as is, give it Technician >> Intimidate. If you want to you can replace something with Foresight (either Mach Punch or Sucker Punch) to hit ghosts with Rapid Spin or Close Combat if you really wanted to. If you do that you're better off keeping Intimidate.

→ Hidden Power Dark on Kingdra...why? HP Electric is superior, hits bulky water types and flying types for better coverage. Also, I realize that you're using Kingdra as a rain sweeper, but Draco Meteor >> Dragon Pulse is superior, as once you're locked in someone can switch easily to an appropriate move, and you're going to be forced to switch out anyways.

→ TBolt >> Thunder on Raikou. Volbeat is frail and isn't going to last long, so once those initial rain turns end you're kind of screwed.

→ Volbeat is not going to get off a Tail Glow and attack. And if it does, you aren't going to do much, even at +3 since Volbeat is slow. Replace Bug Buzz with Baton Pass so if you do manage to get off the Tail Glow and survive you can at least pass it along to Kingdra or Raikou.

I got nothing on actual functionality or counters, since I have no idea of how the metagame is =x

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
As Jake said, Hitmontop has no need for Choice Scarf. Hitmontop is better off as a defensive Rapid Spinner, as seen here:
-Rapid Spin
-Close Combat/Hi Jump Kick
-Stone Edge/Sucker Punch
-Toxic/Foresight
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Spe
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate

Archeops makes use of Gem + Acrobatics better because it gains STAB on that move. Ambipom also needs something to hit Steels:
-Fake Out
-Return/Double Hit
-Low Kick
-Beat Up/Shadow Claw
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SDef/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Technician

While Roserade can take on a cleric role, its low physical defense makes that task hard to do, so Togekiss or Umbreon do the job better. But still, Roserade is a good offensive 'mon in its own right:
-Leaf Storm
-Sludge Bomb
-Sleep Powder/Hidden Power (Fire)
-Rest/Synthesis/Extrasensory
Nature: Timid/Modest
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Choice Specs
Ability: Natural Cure

or
-Spikes
-Giga Drain
-Sludge Bomb
-Synthesis/Rest
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP/240 Def/16 Spe
Item: Black Sludge
Ability: Natural Cure

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Okay so I made 2 changes to the team which I saw caused major problems! and those were Volbeat/Kingdra!

Here are there replacements:

Sharpedo @ Life Orb.
Ability: Speed Boost.
EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 Sp.Def
Jolly Nature.
- Protect.
- Earthquake.
- Waterfall.
- Crunch.

Sableye @ Leftovers.
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Sp.Def/ 4 Def.
Calm Nature.
- Night Shade.
- Confuse Ray.
- Will-O-Wisp.
- Taunt.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Okay so I made 2 changes to the team which I saw caused major problems! and those were Volbeat/Kingdra!

Here are there replacements:

Sharpedo @ Life Orb.
Ability: Speed Boost.
EVs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 Sp.Def
Jolly Nature.
- Protect.
- Earthquake.
- Waterfall.
- Crunch.

Sableye @ Leftovers.
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Sp.Def/ 4 Def.
Calm Nature.
- Night Shade.
- Confuse Ray.
- Will-O-Wisp.
- Taunt.
There's little reason for Sharpedo to use Jolly, since its Speed problems are already fixed with Speed Boost; change the nature to Adamant instead.

Sableye really needs Recover to function so that it can keep annoying/crippling opponents. Drop Confuse Ray for it. The EV spread should also be 252 HP/120 Def/136 SDef to help with physical attacks as well.

Back