• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your WiFi name?

quilzel

net start w3svc
Years
I have seen some very interesting names for WiFi AP names, but I can never seem to come up with good ones on my own. I personally have been using the model of the router for the SSID, for instance, 'WTR-120N'. However I got bored of that, and changed my network name to 'rwar' for a little while. When I got a new router, I named it 'qwerty'. I don't think either of these are very good. A friend has his network named 'Radius' which I though was pretty cool. So what do you guys do? Any good ideas?

tl;dr
What's your Wifi name?

Years
I have no control over my wifi name since it's my parents wifi. It's just called grant which is my stepdads name. I hate it so much because it's a name but theres no capital letter! It drives me up the wall >.<
I once saw a wifi that was called "pretty fly for a wifi" though. I've no idea how they managed to get the name to be so long but I thought it was amusing :3 Not very original though since it was featured in How To Geek's wifi name article.

Gerri Shin

  
Years
I have 2 networks, the slow one's called The Quibbler, and the faster one is called Lovegood. but unless you know they're there, you won't see them.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Currently, my Wifi's name is 204. I had plans to change it, but I haven't done so. It's been that way since the first we got it, and no it's not the number of my house, jsyk. :P

When I had U-Verse in San Diego, the default name was 2Wire109. I was too lazy to change the name, (and aside from that I suck at naming things) I took down the 109 and renamed it 2WIRED. How unique am I. :P

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
My wifi name is "valhalla" and all of our computers are named after Norse mythology. We have baldr, freyja, odin, and thor. ^^ I think it's cool, at least ^^

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Ours is "CornersAreAwesome" because our pet fish really likes corners. (He was obsessed with the ones in his tank when we got him.) It was meant to be a wifi name that would just last until we could come up with a witty one but it ended up sticking around because none of us are witty and we are all very lazy. (Also now we have so many gadgets on it that it would just be a pain to reconnect everything.)

Archenoth

The arch foe
Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2020
Nothing too special for me... "Angelfire" is mine. It was a thing a buddy and I had set up, he had "Hellfire", I had "Angelfire"... It was kinda neat.

Years
Mine is the default one that came with our specific FiOS modem/router combo.. FQVU4...

When my parents and I had DSL from Verizon, the router we had was a linksys, so that was the SSID.. however one of my neighbors who has a major in computer science came out one day to help us lock it because about 5 or 6 years ago he caught someone using our network and my parents were not aware of that at all, so what he did was lock us out of it temporarily (but he apologized and helped out), and from there, the SSID was named 'Land' (our last name)..

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 15, 2023
One guy whose WiFi penetrates my house has his network named "Bill Wi, the Science Fi"

Years
"fred". My dad named it so nobody in the neigbourhood would know it's us, even though it's a secure network..

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
SKyNET3_1 is our name. I wasn't sure if I could use a . but I wasn't going to find out.

Years
The wifi at my house is my dad's so it's just the generic company name, but a friend of mine named his wifi "Patrick"... a The Devil Wears Prada reference. Now when anyone uses his wifi they go " I have Patrick!"

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'm sure I saw a wifi network w/ something rude lately, lool.

Anyway, mine's named Shaka. :3 That = name of my dog that died.

Renegade1

#1 Noob!
Years
Consider naming it: FBI MIC (Mobile Investigation Connection)

I wonder how many people will pick up on and stain their underwear.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
There is a connection in my neighbor's house (stop not hiding your SSID) named 2WIRE216. My guess for a password- password. My other neighbor (across the street from my backyard, which is drgn.2d12. Wow.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
Mine will be King Arthur Net or Knights of the Round Net or something. All my computers are named after something with a relation to Arthurian legend; for example, the laptop I got after my first one died is "Excalibur" (fitting, since in the legend, King Arthur got Excalibur after losing the original sword in the stone).

vudw

Nocturnal Insomnia
Years
My router is named Eevee, and then I have the faster connection as Eeveon. Everything else of mine branched off of it, like my computer is generally an eeveelution name or a nickname of one of my eeveelutions. x3;

~V~

"Winds of a New Beginning"
Years
My roommate named our Wifi: CMUPartysEVRYFRI! CMU the place where I attend college. Funny enough we haven't had anyone come up to the house on Friday to see if there was a party.

Back