• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] It's been a while.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
nothing here

Last edited:

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
i love photography (: i was excited to see this. well the lighting on some of the photos is great. i would work on trying to focus more on because some of the photos are blurry and a little pixely.
what kind of camera do you use?
can't wait to see more photos & graphics (:

moments.

quixotic
Years
The fact that such a large portion of your shots are completely out of focus doesn't do your time and effort any justice whatsoever. Additionally, when you've got photos with a lot of noise, take a few minutes to resize all of them: it will help with the quality (and it is easier to scroll through them all on a webpage. ;D).

Anyways, love some of your bokeh shots!

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
Part of the reason I like them is because they're out of focus. I'm even attracted to the noise.

Don't expect to get a clear shot out of me very regularly at all, it's just not what I'm in to. xD

I will get on re-sizing them though.

As for what camera I use, there's a number of them. None are special though, just phone ones, broken ones, ones with dirty lenses etc.

Years
I personally really dig the noise you to refer to in your shots. In my opinion, having to be "in focus" in every photograph really limits you. A few of my favorite pictures weren't of anything in particular, you just managed to capture imperfection in a beautiful way.

(lemme edit this post with an example of what I mean after I go back through the photos and find it, haha).

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
http://25.media.tumblr.com/de166604e315b5f541fc751d130a3be5/tumblr_mfqt1zWkvH1s1hndeo1_1280.jpg
^ this is pretty awesome. I never managed to capture pictures like these. <3; The hue adds to it, too.

Call it my lack of artistic sense but I don't really dig all of those out of focus pics. This and the next one is somewhat likeable, though. Like the car's atmosphere and the contrast between red and blue in it.

Also, some impressive bokeh here. Would it be alright if I use them in my works? :p Looking forward to your graphical updates, btw! :]

droomph

weeb
Years
It's great to have blurry and out-of-focus pictures, by all means. However, some of your unfocused pictures just look messy. Not anything bad, but it would be a bit more interesting if I could make out a tiny bit of what's going on. Give the audience a bit of intrigue - you still have the noise effect, but they now wonder a bit where and what this picture is about rather than "omg colors". Same goes for silhouettes if you ever get into that stuff.

And the "splatter" pictures, give us a little background. Where was this? What caused the stain? What might it be? I understand where you're coming from, but looking at white splotches alone is something to be forgotten. Try widening your range of focus (most digital cameras have this option, phones don't) just a bit so we have a bit of an idea where we are.

Oh, and while we're at it, try using a lower ISO when you can and should. The noise (the random pixels of bright colors on black) are the result of using a higher ISO. On film, this turns out grainy and can be sometimes cool, but on digital cameras it generally just makes it look unprofessional.

I love eccentric pictures, don't gt me wrong, but there's a thin line between "innovative" and "messy".

All in all, just practice more. You'll find your style in no time!

Back