• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

3rd Gen Ruby, Sapphire or Emerald?

Which is your favorite?

• Total voters
Years
I like more emerald, because you can catch the 3 main legendaries (Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza), besides it have the Battle frontier with a lot of things to do.

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2013
Emerald for being my main pokemon game at the moment, gotta love treecko C: so far building a nice small team so far on it

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
Most of the people go with emerald ( Battle Frontier, Sudowoodo, The whole trio, etc. ). Emerald is a Bigger and Better version of ruby and sapphire. But I'll go with Ruby...nothing beats the original sensation of playing it.

Dude492

Hoenn Champion
Years
I've played Pokemon Ruby for 2 years and Emerald for a Staggering 7 years, redoing the whole game three times (Not for starters, for fun.) and Emerald's small feature's helped me understand why there was a Team Magma and Aqua in the first place, I played Ruby first and i wondered why Team Magma would have been made and why did it call itself team Magma? When i played Pokemon Emerald the conflict seemed much better to understand, No side is right, they both wish to kill thousands just to help hundreds live better, this Conflict was best symbolized by Groundon and Kyogre being Team Magma and Aqua, both fighting each other while damaging the very world they wished to help, with you Representing Rayquaza, the only one who had the power to stop the teams as Rayquaza was the only one who could stop the conflict between Groundon and Kyogre. I freaking loved Pokemon Emerald and for me it was Pokemon's peak.

tnfsf11

-Animated sprites
-Battle Frontier
-Battling both teams
-Saving the world by awakening Rayquaza then catching him xP

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
The answer is very obvious: Emerald. It has the best of both worlds: Groudon & Kyougre as well as Team Magma and Team Plasma. Oh, and add Rayquaza into the mix.

JawDane

Here for the Nostalgia
Years
  • Seen Jul 3, 2013
I'd say Sapphire. That's where I spent most of my time in Gen III. So most of my memories are there.

ThatDamnShiftry

You all remember him...
Years
Well, my very first Pokemon game was Ruby. I played it an insane 144 hours before I reset it a few months ago (most of my Pokemon were imported to Diamond and it made Battle Tower... not fun... lol). My first true game addiction holds so many great memories. Accidentally killing Groudon with Swampert due to stupidity, nearly 50 battles with Rayquaza before finally catching him, and of course, having my friend glitch my darn game with his Action Replay... thanks, Brian. It was such a great experience, and the music put it over the top.

A few years later, all of my friends had Emerald. Pokemon animations, a whole new slew of features, possibility to catch all of the legendaries, a new, combined story from Ruby and Sapphire, a longer adventure, and just so much new stuff. I was jealous, to say the least, but I couldn't shake my affection to Ruby. After EMUing Emerald for a while, I decided to take my time and find a legitimate copy yesterday and purchased it. Before it arrives at my doorstep, I hover over both options... Ruby, or Emerald? My childhood, vs. what I've never had until now.... decisions decisions..

I CHOOSE SAPPHIRE!

Haha, I kid, I kid. I have to go with Ruby! I strongly believe that if that game never got me into the series, I probably wouldn't have been into it until Diamond, the next big game at my school. By that time, it was "cool" to hate Pokemon anyway. It would've been difficult to stay with it. But Ruby? In second grade, I was the perfect age for it to make a permanent impact in my heart, and I'm so glad it did. Ruby all the way!

Years
Pokemon Emerald is definitely the most dominant and the polls reinforce this assumption...you can get all of the focal legendary Pokemon in that one game along with travelling to the Battle Frontier and refacing Gym Leaders. I could go on.

Of course some people will have special attachments towards the other two...

Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2013
Definitely Pokemon Emerald because of Battle Frontie and batteling with both teams!

Day Tripper

caught 'em all
Years
Sapphire was the only one I've played all the way through. Honestly they are the same games despite some tiny changes. So uh Sapphire

Daixtey

The Sin of Joy
Years
Well Im not quite different from the rest of in here my favourite is also Emerald

The reasons for me why this is my favourite is I liked the idea of both of the Villian teams in one game and how they try to overcome each other and in the end almost causing dramatic changes to the world. Also I liked that they not only pushed two versions into one, but they instead tryd to make this game more different from the other versions with little changes (Graphics, Battle frontier, different champion and storyline etc.) So this and other things I cant think of right now is why I prefer this version.

Years
Emerald overall. It was the last of the batch and the one that the dev's put the cherry on the sundae with (so to say) Had more stuff added after everything was sorted with Ruby/Sapphire

Back