• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's The Stupidest Mistake you've made in Pokemon

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
Years
well once I let my friend play with my pokemon platinum game, then he saw an oddish which I told him to catch, He then asked me if he can use the master ball to catch it, I thought he was joking so I sarcastically said "ya...sure" and as luck would have it...he wasn't joking.

PichuRules4ever

The TF2 Pyro
Years
Well all i can think of is accidentally making my Pikachu forget ThunderShock to learn Swift in my Blue version because i pressed A too fast. It technically made my Pikachu useless until I got Thunderbolt from Lt. Surge. I don't really make mistakes in my games.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 14, 2016
Using my masterball on a tentacool once...well it was my first time playing pokemon i think it was red and the only pokemon I train/level up was charizard back then..that's why I got trouble beating the game. pretty stupid lol

Years
Running from a Shiny Boldore in Black, it would've made such a nice addition to my collection. But then again, I was trying to get out of Twist Mountain so badly not knowing that Shinies are rare.

Also, wasting my Master Ball on Reshiram cos I suddenly realized their catch rate wasn't as high as I thought, only found it out through a Marriland video. *facepalm*

Ice Car

Banned
Years
Running from a Shiny Boldore in Black, it would've made such a nice addition to my collection. But then again, I was trying to get out of Twist Mountain so badly not knowing that Shinies are rare.

Also, wasting my Master Ball on Reshiram cos I suddenly realized their catch rate wasn't as high as I thought, only found it out through a Marriland video. *facepalm*
You didn't know shinies were rare? Psh, noob.

or19937

Keep calm & BURN IT WITH FIRE!
Years
well, the first one was losing my original Yellow cartridge(the one that was actually yellow).
I also forgot to change a full pc box once and couldn't catch Raiku =-=
I probably KO'd a shiny at least once.
Umm that's all I can remember...

Psystar63

☆ || [The Wandering Star] || ☆
Years
In one of my LeafGreen playthroughs, I was underlevelled for the E4, but I challenged them anyway. I somehow managed to beat them all, so I saved as I was about to challenge the Champion. He totally thrashed me each an every time I tried to beat him. I couldn't escape from it, so my only choice was to let him wipe me out so I could go and do some level grinding.
Also, in one of my Gold playthroughs, I caught a shiny Caterpie, then later on started a new game save... I miss that Caterpie.

Years
The biggest mistakes I've made in Pokemon games are both related to skiny Pokemon. The first was back on Gold, when I one-hit KO'd a shiny Teddiursa, because all the members of my party were a much higher level than it, and even their weakest move did too much damage.

The second one was when I was in the Safari Zone on FireRed. I don't exactly remember why I thought it was a good idea, but I figured that I would get down to one step and one Safari Ball, and rotate around in the square of grass I was in to see what I could find. Lo and behold, a shiny Paras shows up not even five minutes later. Scared it would flee if I threw a rock at it, I went and used my Safari Ball right away. After two shakes, it broke free, and I was told over the PA that my game was over. Like I said, I don't know what caused me to think I should do that, but you can be sure I haven't done it since.

CJBlazer

Rogon, the Ninja Pokemon
Years
My stupidest mistake I ever made...

I would say it was when I caught a Houndour and never raised it. It turns out Houndour is very well, which is why he is my favorite Pokemon of all.

PiemanFiddy

Dark-Type Gym Leader
Years
When I first played Pokemon (It was Red), my entire team consisted of the same team ash used (minus the squirtle and bulbasaur; although I think you could get all 3 in Yellow).

So yeah.. midway through the game, I realized I could use any pokemon I wanted. Not that the team I picked was bad, but I just had a little derp moment.

Oh yeah, and there was another time where in my SIX years playing pokemon, I finally found a Shiny.. which HAPPENED to be an Electrode. Just guess what happened... T_T

Oh, I also used my Master Ball on a Rhyhorn in FireRed. Accident!

SamuJake

I beat Red when I was 8' bro.
Years
I have a lot of mistakes I've made in Pokemon, but one common one is I sometimes go really far into exploring for a certain type of Pokemon, to find out when I encounter that Pokemon, I don't have enough Pokeballs.

Blazeferno21

Pokemon Champion
Years
That's sorta' mean.

Anyways, my biggest mistake was using my only masterball on a Magikarp.

You used a Master Ball..... ON A MAGIKARP???????????????

Mine was throwing away a Rare Candy to get an item in Diamond....which turned out to be a Potion :embarrass

Pikapia

The One Who Will Destroy Everything
Years
I can remember a few... like I used my only Masterball on Zekrom in White, and in SoulSilver I had a full team of Pokemon, and then my brain went stupid when I got everyone's health down really low. I went to the Elite Four... and I saved... and I challenged them... and I lost... and I reloaded... and I went to rest... here's the worst part: I saved again, because a happy saver is a happy player :P, and then my DS died. While it was saving. I cried for a while after that.

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
I accidentally restarted my Emerald game without transporting my shiny Zigzagoon (first shiny ever) to another game...

von Weltschmerz

the first born unicorn
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Back when I first started playing the games.... my power Pokemon was a Pidgeotto. He was the pride and joy of my team... Stronger than all my other Pokemon. And so while trading him to my brother for trade evolutions(on his end) we got the bright idea to pull out the link. D: I lost my Pidgeotto that day...

gossamer

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 26, 2013
I used my master ball on an Lvl.7 Ekans once, it nearly brought me to tears.. ;-;

Back