• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon GlitterGold (Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
Small Update
Well, not all that much news game-wise, since I haven't worked much on it. However, since I've recently been playing through LeafGreen, I decided to finally get around to making a chipset for the Celadon Restaurant, and used it to make the Olivine Cafe look more like a real one:

newOlivinecafe-1.png

Also, I noticed a small thing I forgot to fix in Olivine's Pokemon Center door event. Basically, I forgot to make the switch that triggers the invisible->visible thing when you leave be the PC one instead of one of the other houses around. It's fixed now, but if you need it fixed in that demo, just go into another building and you'll be visible.

Last edited:

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
Thanks, dude.

Update
Finally got something brand new to update you guys on: the Trick House. After spending a good amount of time making a chipset for the Trick House (which I'll post in the Resources thread when I get a chance), I went in and got everything set for the first puzzle, which will combine Flash and Cut (since Flash alone would be too boring a challenge; I'll probably make a quiz puzzle after it to fit in between Cut and Strength in the HM/Badge order) to make certain trees only visible while Flash is on and some while Flash isn't (you'll be able to turn it off when you want, but you'll have to go into your Items and get it; I'd imagine it wouldn't be too tedious early in the game). Screens below:

trickhouseandpuzzle1.png

Screen 1 is the outside on Route 35, and Screens 2 and 3 are of the lobby inside, 2 being when you first walk in and 3 when you find where he's hiding. 4 shows you the first part of the puzzle while Flash is off, while 5-7 are with Flash on. 8 shows the Trick Master telling you how he spent his night, and 9's the way out. I might shape it a bit differently so it doesn't look too much like the path in RSE, but I'll leave it like that for now until I get an idea.

I'll probably be working on the second puzzle for the next little while. I've also contacted Pingu about the CBS tutorial, so hopefully, he'll get back to me soon when he's able to so I can start working on finishing it up.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2010
Looks great! I really hope you finish this. I loved the GSC versions and I really want to play a remake

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
*hopefully, this doesn't count as necroposting*

Thanks for the support, you two.

Very Slight "What's Going On?" Update
Sorry for the lack of updates, guys. Schoolwork, my YGO-related stuff, and college life have kinda distracted me from working on the Trick House like I wanted to. I've also been waiting for Shadow Pingu to send me the CBS thing to work on implementing it, but he hasn't returned my IM, and I haven't had a chance to talk to him in the last few weeks. I probably won't get back around to the Trick House until sometime next week or the week after, but I will try to get in touch with Pingu soon. I don't plan on quitting this game at all, but things will probably be worked on a bit at a time until Summer Break kicks in in about 3 months or so.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Please do not post in threads which have been inactive for more than two months.

Zodiac, please don't make posts about people breaking the rules. Doing so is called mini-modding, and is considered spam since it is always off-topic. Just report the post and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back