• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How to make the Game more difficult.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
Has anyone decided to up the difficulty in the game?

I for one didn't use the EXP Share for the most part only to use it when I needed to grind my Pokemon. I also set my battle style to Set so that I can put more strategy and decision making into my battles.

What's your difficulty setting?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 14, 2013
if your pokemon get defeat you have to Release it
cant use same skill more then once you have to swtich your pokemon for new skill

Years
my advice would be turning off the exp. share, and never using mega evolution. I have beat the game (Y), now playing (X) not using exp. share, but I am still using lucky egg, I do not one strong pokemon, just in case things go south.

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
It's not just in X, I change the battle to style Set for all Pokemon games.

Years
i beat my x with everything was super easy

I beat my Y Nuzlocke challenge with the hardest rules...Still way to easy

Overall game was too easy

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Personally, I don't like it when games get difficult, so I've played Pokémon Y the easiest way possible. I've made sure that the Exp. Share was enabled, so that all of my Pokémon would be leveled evenly and none were left behind. I've battled all trainers that I was able to find, which would help my Pokémon to become stronger and give me an easier time when facing tough opponents, such as rivals, gym leaders, and Elite Four members. I've also equipped myself with Amulet Coin, so that when it came to money, I wouldn't have any sort of issues. d:

There's plenty of ways that you can make the game harder, though. Few of the ways that I could think of right now is by using weak Pokémon (stats-wise), trying not to grind, limiting yourself from the use of recovery items when battling, and doing a variety of challenges—monotype, community, solo, etc. etc. As mentioned before, you could also do a Nuzlocke run, where you're forced to release your Pokémon every time they faint. I've done this challenge on Emerald once before, but personally, I didn't like it. xD

Years
you can do the ultra hardcore healthlocke, where normal nuzlocke apply, but you cant enter a pokemon center(except for release), and you can only heal status effects and pp, you cant remove pokemon from the pc after they are caught, but you may catch legendaries, and if the first pokemon flees on a route (wandering legendary or safari zone) you can catch another. and you have to fight every wild pokemon you encounter.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
i dont have the expo share on because i dont like the kanto style exp share.

I dont think it is particularly easy though especially the money side. and some of my pokes are seriously underlevelled.

Back