• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Best place to train pre-E4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2010
My favorite and quickest place to train my pokemon is on One Island.

Use Surf to leave the main part of the island and move up kindle road until you get to the Ember Spa.

Most of you already know but in the kindle spa you can go in the middle of the Spa and your pokemon will be fully healed.

Outside of the spa are 5 trainers, two of them in together for a double battle. Use the VS. Seeker to take part in the double battle and battle the two martial artists.

When you're pokemon are hurt, just take a relaxing trip to the Ember Spa, while at the same time recharging your VS. Seeker.

Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2018
VS Seeking and Islands in FR/LG, in front of Evergrande in R/S/E.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
Years
I dont have any kanto or johto games so all i can say is victory road in r/s/e

or if your ev trainin poochyena are good attack evs while spinda are good sp attack evs.

i dont usualy focus on other evs because then it becomes more of a "job"

XxRogueTrainerxX

Needs a better username
Years
I kept challenging Gabby and Ty on Routes 111, 119, and 120 (I think those were the routes). It's an unusual way to train, but this was before I started EV training. Anyway, the levels of their Pokémon capped off at 39, and they actually yielded some good experience.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
Victory Road, but then again I only train one Pokemon throughout the game and beat the Gyms and E4 with only that Pokemon :3

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
If you have FR/LG, use the Vs. Seeker in places like Route 15 (East of Fuchsia) and Route 16 (West of Celadon, top of Cycling Road). Those two areas have large concentrations of trainers who are close to each other so you'll get quite a few battles per use of the Vs Seeker.

Sadly, there is no Vs Seeker in Hoenn, so you're stuck on Victory Road, which kinda sucks for your Pokemon that can't deal with Rock/Ground types and/or Golbat.

scizor007

Vengeance
Years
Vs seeking on One island/On cycling road in FR/LG.After beating the E-4,however Seven islands are
much better (two "cooltrainers" just above the Unown caves)-Together,they give approx. 25000 exp....really helps.

In R/S/E,however, Gabby&Ty are probably the best.Usually i take an Earthquaker
with any frail pokemon,so that The EQer gets the whole lot......a tiresome process,though.

Years
I spent a lot of time training my team in Sky Pillar before the Elite 4 on Emerald but this isn't so good for pokemon with only normal type moves.

yuki3056

Grass Types own
Years
I kept challenging Gabby and Ty on Routes 111, 119, and 120 (I think those were the routes). It's an unusual way to train, but this was before I started EV training. Anyway, the levels of their Pokémon capped off at 39, and they actually yielded some good experience.

This is a better method than Victory Road couple this method with an amulet coin and you get a ton of money too not just levels.

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2011
If you mean in Firered/Leafgreen the best place to train would be on Cycling Road right outside of Celadon City with the VS Seeker. There are about 6 trainers on screen. I was able to train all my Pokemon past Level 55 fairly quickly.

Emerald is the hardest one to train because Sky Pillar Pokemon are significantly weaker. I'd just train in the Victory Road. I was disappointed in that game. :(

Years
for R/S, Victory Road's ending area(Wally's Area) and the part before it.
in FR/LG, ive never had to do much training before, usually using Victory Road to supplement.
for Emerald, Top Floor of Sky Pillar. (on another note, though, its quite disappionting that it's so hard to level up, the highest level to train against that gives any amount of EXP is only Lv. 40.)

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
Years
As many have said and will keep saying the best place to train in any pokemon game before the elite 4 is victory road which is time consuming.If your not to underleveled you could try to beat as many as the elite 4 pokemon as u can and gain alot more exp then u would from victory road.

Like with me i had in platinum all 3 starters time i got to Elite 4 and they were under leveled so what i did was used My Infernape to wipe the First elite 4 member.

then used my empoleon to wipe the 2nd and 3rd then normally would lose to the 4th or champion.

But if u keep doing that and even if u lose ure getting alot of exp for each pokemon u take down.

Years
For me its the VIctory Road

Before The Elite Four I leveled up each pokemon to Lvl 60 here

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
In R/S/E, I train in Victory Road and against the Trainer's Eyes/Match Call trainers. In FR/LG, I train in Victory Road and Vs. Seeker some of the other trainers I find in Kanto.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
This hasn't been posted in since 2010. Please don't revive threads that are over a month old.

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back