• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will Ash's Pikachu ever learn a new move?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Will Pikachu, the most important character on the show (or at least 2nd) ever learn a new move.
Here's a list form Bulbapedia of the moves he has already used in the order he used them. (Moves in bold are the one he currently knows).

Thundershock
Thunderbolt
Leer (can't normally use move)
Agility
Quick Attack
Thunder
Double-Edge
Tackle (can't normally use move)
Iron Tail
Volt Tackle

Will Pikachu ever learn a new move? He has learnt one in every region so far except Sinnoh. If so what move?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Not much more he can learn. You got to remember Sinnoh did not have many new moves anyways. They are already at the 3rd gym oh Isshu/Unova Region so I do not think Pikachu will learn one in Unova eather.

Years
As mentioned before, our adorable little rat didn't get many moves this generation. Ash might just find a new method using Pikachu's current moves, like the counter-shield. However, if Pikachu was to learn a new move,he would have to forget one. The main characters' Pokemon tend to follow the 4 move limit. Thunderbolt would have to stay and Volt Tackle is Pikachu's signature move. I would hate it if they got rid of Iron Tail, that would makes it seem as if Hoenn never existed. I think Quick Attack should be replaced if Pikachu was to learn a new move.

MysticFlygon

Rookie Hacker
Years
I don't think so because the last move I remember Pikachu learning was Volt Tackle and that was way back around the Battle Frontier I think. I don't remember Pikachu learning anything new all throughout Sinnoh.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I could see one of its attacked being replaced by Electra Ball, since it is a speed based move. I don't really see him learning Volt Charge or Wild Charge though. If he does learn Wild Charge then I think that would be the replacement for Volt Tackle(which I don't see them doing) not to mention Volt Tackle does more damage.

ShreyasPokemon

wants battles only...
Years
Well, as a new set of moves are about to come, I think, yes, Pikachu will. (I still can't believe Ash's Pikachu does not know surf yet)

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
I can see it learning a new move. It learnt Volt Takle in BF remember? (Then again, that was a long time ago.)

But, there are loads of new electric type moves introduced for the 5th Generation. Even if it can't learn them legitly, it's learned other moves in the past that it couldn't be able to use in the games. (without any sort of cheat.)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Pikachu didn't really get any new moves in Gen V, so I don't think it'll learn anything new. Wild Charge is a possibility, but I don't think it'd work out because like Volt Tackle, it's a recoil move. I'm starting to think that Pikachu would learn Grass Knot for some reason.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
There has been some very interesting speculation going on around serebii and Pikachu's new move that I would like to point out:
Everybody has already seem the Rocket vs. Plasma preview.
And as everybody can see Pikachu has a new move. It's set to debut at BW020.

And looking at the descriptions of the new electric 5 Gen moves, the only one that seems to be fitting is Lightning Strike.

Lightning Strike is an exclusive Zekrom move.
So that could mean Zekrom did curse or boost Pikachu's power. (even though it's been a clear loser this days).

Look at Lightning Strike's description: It covers itself in extensive amounts of electricity and charges at the opponent. It may cause paralysis.

Do you guys think it's possible Zekrom did in fact alter Pikachu's power when he gave back his Electricity?

If this was already discussed, sorry!

It's very interesting - the Animation and description seem very similer to what Pikachu used to the preview too. It seems plausible to me.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
God no it is not lightning strike. I am going with Light Screen or Return maybe even wild charge.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
This^ I am not feeling Lighting Strike. Its a exclusive legendary pokemons move so lets keep it that way. I don't know if anyone really wants too see an even more broken Pikachu. Much less it at all these days.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Well there must have been some reason for the random Zekrom.

Also, even you should know the anime doesn't follow the games mechanics...

Years
I agree that the description matches pretty well with what we saw, but still, I'd be surprised if they actually gave Pikachu a move exclusive to Zekrom. But I guess seeing how special Pikachu is, there isn't any harm in adding a bit more to its uniqueness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back