• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Origins (OOC)

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years
Well, typically yes - but only if the name is actually in Japanese reading order. Bulbapedia English-ified the name first, so that's not the case here. Sonezaki is his last name :O Masaki is a common first name in nihon, so. The kana for his name, ソネザキ マサキ, certainly seems to indicate this (especially since Sonezaki comes first). Since Pokémon games are always in kana, afaik, due to younger players, a kanji version isn't provided, but I'd expect it to be something like 曽根崎 正樹 (but you could write that first name a couple ways, really, even if you wanted to stay in the tree/wood theme for researcher dudes ... like, say, 松前 or 政木 are perfectly great ways to write Masaki as well.) There's nothing wrong with either Masaki-san or Sonezaki-san though, the former just indicates a higher level of familiarity.

(I was going to call him Sonezaki-san but ... WELL, NOW THAT I KNOW IT'S ACCEPTABLE BRB FUTURE HONORIFICS EVERYWHERE)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Indeed! Okay then, I'll fix that in his SU ;) Thanks for clarifying!

If I may ask, are you Japanese yourself?

Btw another thing, I don't understand either why Bill would make a campfire in the middle of the day just for lunch xD Maybe he's just not a great hiker, haha.

Cirrus

Years
No problem! No, I'm not Japanese; I just happen to know some stuff : o BUT I'LL LEARN IT SERIOUSLY ONE OF THESE DAYS. Completely off-topic, I spent like 15 minutes fiddling with my Japanese IME trying to find out why it didn't work, and fixed it eventually ... so there are also tentative kanji drafts of Bill's name there edited into my last post (or something).

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
When I said I will edit this later it was just grammar and spelling mainly because I was rushed for time and really tired so when I typed it I was not being so mindful of my grammar

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
When I said I will edit this later it was just grammar and spelling mainly because I was rushed for time and really tired so when I typed it I was not being so mindful of my grammar
Okay, I see ^^ I'm contemplating letting Bill catch that Ekans but not sure...

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
I would say go for the Ekan it's a snake! also Houndour cannot learn the move Sludge he can however learn the move sludge bomb

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Sludge Bomb was a bit too powerful (though in RPing it's all about how you interpret and use it of course) and there's nothing that says I have to follow canon when choosing moves for pokémon here. One of the great things about forum RPing as opposed to playing a video game ;)

EDIT: everyone, Route 3 was mostly for you to get a feel for your character. When you feel like you've "adventured" enough on this route, have your character reach the pokémon center and tiiiiiny village at the entrance to the Mt. Moon cave! Either that or meet up with Bill, Luke and Lingwei on their hill but I'll move them along as well after our little snakefight is done methinks.

Soon enough, Bill will meet with the rest at the pokémon center and we'll have dinner together in some tavern and a chance to interact (either post-by-post or with a Joint Post!) and even battle with another player if someone feels like it. I can say that Bill will want to try and battle against someone to strengthen his bad trainer skills.

Last edited:

Cirrus

Years
Hello, chuckles. I haven't seen you much around here. Welcome to PC, the RP corner, and other stuff, I dunno. Good to see you here, hope you stay for as long as possible, et cetera.

There's something that irks me with your writing; it is quite irritating once I attempt to decipher your post as a singular entity, because you are excessively miserly with your punctuation. This results in, of course, half your paragraphs becoming long, run-on sentences with multiple pieces of dialogue interspersed throughout. Where is the beloved comma, that slant which so effectively divides long trains of thought into coherent segments? Or the wonderful period, a dot with the power to cease even the most chaotic flow of speculation? Yes, I know you use some, but not nearly enough. We're not even going to get into where you should use question marks and exclamations, much less semicolons (though might I add that three exclamation marks do not a calm sentence make... one or two is typically sufficient).

Additionally, I know you want to get a post out as quickly as possible, but could you take ten minutes to edit it first? Dropping it into a word processor and verifying that everything is spelled correctly should take a maximum of 2 to 3 minutes for a post a few hundred words in length. Checking to see if it has any grammatical mistakes should take another 5 or so, which leaves ample time to review the rhythm and smoothness of the post as a whole. When these three actions are combined, the quality of your post is increased exponentially. I'm not really saying that you have to be perfect, but at least, y'know, show some semblance of trying. Mixing the word choice up a bit would be cool too; however, that's not as important as getting the basics down.

tl;dr: Fix your stuff, it's not that hard. I'm asking this as a personal favor. Think of the poor readers! With only some casual edits, you can get from this:
Spoiler:

To this!
Spoiler:

Don't take this post as a personal affront; I hope the nature of this post wasn't too out of line or anything. I wrote it to facilitate better RP relations between us as a group! I want the RP to be an engaging experience for everybody, myself included, which ... yeah. Cirrus out.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
ok I see with speech being sperated thanks I will edit my posts to it. im kind of new to this and constructive criticism I endorse

edit: I think I have fixed it

Cirrus

Years
I don't think you understood what I was saying. Re-read my previous post again. ._.;; And, the whole point of my post was to ask you to try editing your own post; copy-pasting my revision completely defeats that purpose. Please don't do that.

Try adding some correct capitalization and fixing your typos. Then, work on adding more commas and periods. Finally, break up your sentences correctly and add a liberal amount of transitioning words. It's a simple three-step process.

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
Ugh, I hate school T3T
Busy, busy, hella busy. And I don't want my LoA to be an excuse to fill up spots in RPs and ultimately not post in them so, yeah, I'll try to get a post up... Eventually.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
@ EB - Are you still in? I kind of removed you from the players list because I thought you had dropped out. If you don't have much time to play, I'd actually prefer if you dropped out for a while and then came back and tried to join with either Caleb or a new trainer when you have time to participate actively. For the sake of a thriving RP :3 You're always welcome back~ When you have time, that is!

@ Cirrus & chuckleslucifer - I appreciate posts that are written with care and good punctuation, yeah! But I want to point out that I'm okay with chuckles writing in whatever style he feels comfortable with. As long as he tries his best. So I hope you want to take some of Cirrus' lessons to heart, but I don't want it to be tedious for you to post in this RP. Just do your best to make posts easily readable and spellchecked and such, and that'll be great and enough ^^

Cirrus

Years
Hey! I see that chuckles has made some good changes to readability. Even though there are quite a few problems here and there, overall at least it's much more legible. Keep it up, and thanks for bearing with my commentary : o

Last edited:

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
Years
Alright, I finally posted the conclusion of the battle. Sorry I've not been able to participate as often lately.

However, I'll be doing my best to fix that problem.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
It's okay~

I think I've decided to not capture the Ekans. I have plans for Bill in Mt. Moon :3

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
A few questions, in mount moon will there be a moon stone?
will team rocket make an appearance in this Roleplay because you said a group of pokemon snatchers

Bulbpedia said:
Team Rocket (Japanese: ロケット団 Rocket-dan, literally Rocket Gang) is a villainous team in pursuit of evil and exploitation of Pokémon based in the Kanto and Johto regions with a small outpost in the Sevii Islands.
AND EXPLOITATION OF POKEMANS!

Also is it okay that I bunnied a little with Brock because I wrote down what he looks like from the debut of the anime.

Are the cities the same as they look in the anime being really big and city like.

Anyone can bunny with me if they like.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
In the closing evets of the Mt. Moon chapter, one of the trainers will get a Moon Stone! But they have to work hard for it, writing wise ^^ You'll see eventually.

Hm, I'd prefer if you didn't play the gym leaders. I want to play important NPCs, since they have places in the plot.

Yes, cities are big and anime-like.

"bunny with me" is a funny thing to say. You mean that we can control your character a little?

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Yeah, I just had a small chat with Brock that I don't think will change anything plotwise so yeah anyone can control my character for introductions to the group.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Probably not, no. I didn't realize that it was Brock first, haha, but then I did.

We have to wrap up the little Ekans episode~ Luke still battling? Then I'll give Bulbasaur and Sandshrew levels because they earned it.

Back