• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When did you first start playing pokémon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 11, 2012
When did you first start playing pokémon!

Hey Guys :cheeky:

I was just wondering what was your first ever pokémon game! Mine was pokémon yellow for the Gameboy!!

Also what is your favorite generation of games! mine has to be the second generation they were when I got old enough to actually have enough patience to complete a pokémon game!

Also guys could you please check my youtube channel out, I have just started doing a pokémon liquid crystal Lets Play and I need all the support i can get:D

Here's my channel link! youtube.com/user/MrCrispyGames

Mechanic

Shin!~ hohohohoho!~
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 24, 2014
Well son... Many many years ago when the sun was red and it painted the city through the cloudless day... i saw my dad arrive with a green Game Boy Color, which made my childhood what it is today...

A couple of days later pokemon yellow came out, and whoopsie dee doo. I happened to have founded a used one in the game store near me, needless to say. Pokemon Yellow, my first Game Boy game and Pokemon game ever... So many memories attached to it such as me screaming "bro! how many times have i told you not to start a new game OH MY GOOOODDDD" at my elder brother (hence i omitted many parts on that statement for parental control sakes).

Good times indeed... That sadly for me are never going to come back :'( Even if i shed a tear...

Years
Well son... Many many years ago when the sun was red and it painted the city through the cloudless day... i saw my dad arrive with a green Game Boy Color, which made my childhood what it is today...

A couple of days later pokemon yellow came out, and whoopsie dee doo. I happened to have founded a used one in the game store near me, needless to say. Pokemon Yellow, my first Game Boy game and Pokemon game ever... So many memories attached to it such as me screaming "bro! how many times have i told you not to start a new game OH MY GOOOODDDD" at my elder brother (hence i omitted many parts on that statement for parental control sakes).

Good times indeed... That sadly for me are never going to come back :'( Even if i shed a tear...
That's really sweet and touching. You are not alone, we are on the same boat too.
Lets cut the story short, I'm not too good at giving fantasy prologues :P
My first ever game I've played, like seriously! No Pacman, Mario, Tetris and any of those before! My first ever game I've ever played was Pokemon Blue! Ever since then, it has changed my life. Till now I play Pokemon, currently Black Version on an Emulator.

Years
I started out with Blue when I was eight or nine years old. Got Red later for Christmas. :3 But like you, I didn't start having the patience to actually put more time into the games until G/S came out haha.

Years
I started playing with crystal i was around 8-9 years old....And now im playing Soul Silver ahhh so meny momories.....happy memories.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 1, 2016
I think it was Sapphire many many years ago. It was amazing to play Pokémon at first time.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Yellow in 1999! Though I didn't become too hardcore into Pokemon gaming till Sapphire in 2003. :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Oh my lord. Uhm, I JUST turned five, I was in Transitional first grade at school, and I had Gold. I'm 19 now. So I think it was the exact year Gold came out? I was little, and didn't even HEAR about Pokemon until that Christmas when I opened up the present and saw Ho-oh staring at me.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Started playing Yellow when I was about 6, so 1999, have played it on and off ever since hhaha.

Draknir

The God of Fire
Years
I first started with Red back in I think '98. Don't hold me to that estimate, because I know its at least been 13 years since I first started playing Pokemon.

aperso

Please feel free to VM random fruit types.
Years
I started playing in early 2008. I played Pokémon Sapphire and almost finished it!

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
Years
I started playing Red before everything else.

My brother got that and a Gameboy Color from the "tooth fairy" when we were younger and I took it from him the next week to play...

Mentalii

Back
Years
My very first Pokémon game was the yellow version, when I was only 5.
I couldn't even read correctly :pink_tongue: Needless to say that I didn't go very far.
But it's Pokémon Silver which really taught me how to play to Pokémon, 2 years later. And since this moment I'm a huge fan, and the second gen is and will ever be my favourite generation.

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
Years
I started playing after Pokemon Red was released in the UK, I was about 9-10 years old at the time, I still remember catching my very first Pokemon (Kakuna)

Jason_F

Green Avenger
Years
I can't remember very well, but I believe it was when I was... 6? I'll just say that, the first Pokemon game I played was Gold Version. I had no idea what I was doing but I got the hang of it by age 9.

Years
Well children, way back when before the gameboy color they had something called gameboy pocket and the game itself had no color on screen, all it had was a little wheel, that made the screen brighter or contrast. The games were called pokemon red and pokemon blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back