• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Neo Destiny

Beta Release: Before First Gym, or After?

• Before (Current Progress)

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • After (Next Town)

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

XmarkXalanX

Shadow Master
Years
Hello PC, my name is Mark, and I'm currently working on a project called Pokémon Neo Destiny. I am using the Pokémon Essentials v12 kit for RPG Maker XP. I chose to start making this game due to both a love of the Pokémon series and a small bit of experience with RPG Maker 2003. While I am slightly more accustomed to using 2003, XP isn't too foreign to me.

Plot
Spoiler:

Features
Spoiler:

Notable Trainers
Spoiler:

Screenshots
Spoiler:

Progress
Spoiler:

Credits (So Far)
Spoiler:

Last edited:

XmarkXalanX

Shadow Master
Years
Just updated to v12. Lost all my scripts. >.> Luckily, there wasn't too much custom stuff implimented just yet. So, I should be able to quickly recover my progress in that department. On another note, my maps and events were pretty much spared. So, I believe I will just add the custom content as I get to it, which, hopefully, won't be for a little while. Also, screenshots should finally be able to be posted. So I will be updating the first post with the first batch of screenshots. :D

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Great plot, I was hoping for HGSS graphics but, that's fine... Looking good so far :)

XmarkXalanX

Shadow Master
Years
I plan on switching to HGSS graphics in time. FRLG graphics are just so much easier to use at the moment, since they're included in Essentials.

XmarkXalanX

Shadow Master
Years
It was the only way I could get the lab on the dock. Grass tile set for the 1st layer, water on the 2nd, and the dock on the 3rd. That used up all my layers. I haven't figured how to keep from using events to make the lab yet.

Ęℓαчиıı

Blizzagon used Arctic Claw!
Years
If I recall correctly, only the ledges of the water are transparent. Try putting the water on the first layer and moving the dock to the second. If it interescts with the ledges, put the dock on the third layer; if the water is on the first layer, you should have no problem getting the lab on the dock.

EDIT: I opened up Essentials and see that the water tiles have no need for transparency, so they can be put on the same layer as the grass.

Last edited:

Ęℓαчиıı

Years
Yes, it looks much better now! :P

When it comes to RPG Maker, layering can be very annoying all on its own. When you come across a problem such as that, try shifting tiles around on different layers. :3

Also, another suggestion is to keep the dirt paths equal lengths; in your case, they would two tiles wide in each direction. The map looks good for a starter town! If you need any supporter userbars or banners, just let me know~

XmarkXalanX

Shadow Master
Years
I like the one-tile width of my paths. Haha. The only spots in the village that are two wide, are right in front of the buildings, kind of like a driveway/patio-type spot. I dunno. I feel it looks alright. One thing I'm going to be changing with this map is the rocks in the water. They're too even right now. And yes, the layering is quite the hassle. I had quite a bit of trouble on one of my post-game maps I was experimenting with. Userbars/banners would be great! I would really appreciate that!

XmarkXalanX

Shadow Master
Years
I'd like to share that we now have a fully-filled Genesis PokéDex! Here are a few screenshots from the PokéDex, in-game.

Spoiler:

I've also been playing around with HGSS tiles I found online (don't know who ripped them, and not sure if going to impliment in game yet or not. If I choose to use the tiles in game, I will find who ripped them, and give proper credit.) Nickalooose stated that he would've prefered HGSS tiles for Kiwi Village, and I personally agreed with him, however, I wasn't sure if I could get the same feel for the village with them as I do with FRLG tiles, but I decided to give it a go anyway. And this is what I ended up with.

Spoiler:

I would greatly appreciate your input. Afterall, creating games is all about making the players happy. Also, I would like to add that I am considering looking for a spriter, to help with my new formes, new items, and possibly tweaking the tilesets to give the region more of a tropical feel.

Edit: The length of the Genesis PokéDex will most likely be changing. I forgot to add a few Pokémon that I had originally planned on being included in the region.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2017
I would love to sprite for you! I am on a cruise right now, and wifi is $20 an hour, so I'll pm you when I am home.

Ęℓαчиıı

Years
The newer village map looks good, but the darker forest trees don't blend in with the bright grass. Also, the tree branches need to be added in... they look a bit barren with out them.

XmarkXalanX

Shadow Master
Years
The newer village map looks good, but the darker forest trees don't blend in with the bright grass. Also, the tree branches need to be added in... they look a bit barren with out them.

Thanks. Yeah, I forgot the branches. Haha. It was just a test anyway. I'm still debating using HGSS tiles anyway.

Ęℓαчиıı

Years
I'd just say map what you're comfortable mapping with. c:

I personally use HG/SS tiles myself, and if you do decide to use the said tiles, I'll help you find some. :P

XmarkXalanX

Shadow Master
Years
Thanks. I actually just finished downloading a bunch of HGSS tiles compiled by Neo-Spriteman. I believe they'll work for now. I'm going to be playing around a bit with them over the next few days to see what works.

Edit: The only thing I'm really having trouble finding are door animations in HGSS-style, tropical tiles in HGSS-style, and desert tiles in HGSS-style.

Last edited:

XmarkXalanX

Shadow Master
Years
I've got a few test maps for the underwater tunnel connected Coconut Town/Route X2 to Route X3/Elderberry Town. Elderberry town will be the location of both the Daycare Center (Yay for Baby Pokémon!), and the first Gym, which specializes in, not a type, but Baby Pokémon. However, I've yet to plan out Elderberry Town, let alone map it, so don't be expect to have a Alpha/Beta release anytime soon. Haha. However, without further delay, I bring you the first test versions of Zoantharia Tunnel!

Spoiler:

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 3, 2015
Your mapping is a bit bland.
It's all square like, and there's so many empty spaces, and you've got 1 tile paths, which are bad and feels too cramped.

Do you want some help mapping? I'd gladly help if you need it.

XmarkXalanX

Shadow Master
Years
Your mapping is a bit bland.
It's all square like, and there's so many empty spaces, and you've got 1 tile paths, which are bad and feels too cramped.

Do you want some help mapping? I'd gladly help if you need it.

I appreciate your suggestion. I realize my mapping is somewhat bland. I'm still fairly new to the whole thing. Mostly, I'm just playing around with the tiles to see what looks decent. However, considering Pallet Town, Littleroot Town, Twinleaf Town, and Nuvema Town, you'll see that quite a few official starting towns are blocky. So that's not too much of a problem in the beginning.

Thanks for offering to help with mapping. If I decide I need help, I'm be sure to send you a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back