• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you eat meat?

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
I am a pescetarian, have been for 13 months now. A pescetarian diet shares many of its components with a vegetarian diet and includes vegetables, fruit, nuts, grains, beans, eggs, and dairy, but unlike a vegetarian diet also includes fish and shellfish.

I did not change my diet for the reasons most people do, my body simply can not process the proteins in red meat and poultry well at all. I cut those meats out of my diet because I wasted a lot of food, but when it comes to fish and shellfish they agree with me. I actually lost a lot of weight two years ago from pneumonia. In 13 months I have gained almost all of my weight back.

Silais

That useless reptile
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
Not really. Bacon is okay, and I love seafood (lobster, crab, SHRIMP!!!) but otherwise I really don't eat meat. I'm very picky with what I eat because a lot of foods and food textures make me sick. Meat has always been one of those foods that make me gag or feel nauseous afterwards.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Not really. Bacon is okay, and I love seafood (lobster, crab, SHRIMP!!!) but otherwise I really don't eat meat. I'm very picky with what I eat because a lot of foods and food textures make me sick. Meat has always been one of those foods that make me gag or feel nauseous afterwards.

That's how I felt before I cut what was making me feel sick out of my diet.

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
I love my meat, but I do prefer some of the leaner kinds of meat. I'm not really fond of any of the fattier kinds. Pork & bacon are still fair game, though.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
AMG MEAT

I have to be completely honest, I love meat. And I've seen what they do to the animals, so don't send me le animal abuse videos. I think it's only right I eat meat; if I didn't, I would imabalance the food chain, etc. etc. etc. I just think it's natural to eat it.

Then again, if you're vegetarian or the like, I don't really tend to discriminate.

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
Years
I'm not going to say "I love meat", because actually when it comes to favorite food, pasta wins. I do enjoy steaks, and hamburgers, and etc, though. So beef is my preference, meat-wise. Pork is okay, and chicken is.. iffy. It's okay when it's white meat. One of my family members could live on meat, and me - not so much. I'm this at this weird stand-off where I could be a vegetarian, but I eat it just often enough that I wouldn't wanna be.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I can't live without meat. They're filled with protein, which gives you energy and helps your muscles recover quickly. Most of them are also low on carbohydrates, and that's a plus. Meat could be a little hard to digest sometimes, but I still love to eat them, haha. My favorite kind of meat is beef.

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
Years
I eat meat - and lots of it. I love chicken and shrimp, and I'm also a fan of beef and lamb. Turkey is also very good. I'm not allowed to eat pork because I'm Muslim. And because I'm Shia, I'm not allowed to eat lobster or crab either. So it's actually quite close to the Jewish dietary laws. If my parents caught me eating pork, they'd be pretty annoyed.

Last edited:

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I don't really care for meat. For a couple months I was only eating it once every week or two but recently I've been eating it on a more regular basis. I would like to go back to being primarily a produce and grains kinda person, though. I felt so much healthier when I didn't eat it.

100% agree with Dominic about every thing in his post, right down to loving Taco Bell because they substitute beef for rice and/or beans in their tacos! I love going there fo rmy fast food fix just for that reason :9

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Aug 12, 2023
I'm a carnivore, pure and simple. I can't live without real hamburgers, ribs (pork or beef), hotdogs, chicken, bacon, sausage, turkey, pepperoni, and sometimes ham.

I eat my vegetables still. I always feel good after eating some broccoli.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I'm almost a vegetarian, lol. I still eat any seafood that isn't boiled alive, since I live with my parents and they don't really like that I want to be a vegetarian, because it means they can't eat steak for every meal anymore, so I have to at least eat some sort of meat for them I guess. I have absolutely no desire to go back to eating any of the meat that I've dropped... it's just disgusting now. Not tempting in the slightest anymore.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I eat meat but I like white meat or fish more than red meat. I have it from time to time too, though!
I find meat is an easy way to get protein and other vitamins in my diet, and whilst I know you can get it from beans, spinach, etc, the nutrition content isn't exactly the same, and I feel it'd be a bit difficult to me to try and plan my meals around vegetables solely- especially when I'm not bothered about buying or cooking meat. It seems like Sainsburys, Waitrose, or M and S doesn't even sell plain hard or soft tofu. Just small little bits of this pre-packaged/cooked spicy tofu stuff. (I can't have spicy.) Bummer. Chickpeas are good but high in carbs and fat, but also high in fibre, so that's cool too. I rather have a turkey wrap with a bit of hummus spread on a pita though!
I like meat though, so I wouldn't want to substitute it in my own diet unless I had to.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
I only like spiced meat or meat with very strong flavor (pepperoni, salami, bacon), but I think meat without any flavoring is disgusting. Hamburger, porkchops, non-breaded chicken, non-breaded fish, all disgusting. The only time I'll eat chicken or fish is if its got a thick coat of batter or spice. Taco seasoning makes hamburger meat amazing.

I feel bad about it though, and I always side with vegetarian logic (which makes me kind of a hypocrite), but it's the staple of my diet. Almost everything I eat is some sort of meat product. Plus my mom controls what food we buy and there's no way I'm convincing her to go vegetarian again.

Melody

Banned
Years
I do eat meat.

I personally don't see the point in depriving myself nutritionally because I feel a certain way about an issue. I don't believe that eating meat is necessarily wrong nor do I really see any significant health benefits from refusing to eat meat that isn't cancelled out from the complications that can arise if you don't get enough protein in your diet. We are omnivores by nature; and therefore we can eat anything that we find palatable. Usually things we find palatable are also things that (should) contain things our body needs. (This doesn't include junk foods which are engineered to taste good and contain minimal nutritional value)

I'm fine with people who; for health reasons; only choose to eat white meat, only seafood or a combination of both without eating red meat. I don't find that reasoning to be flawed, and I don't find any diet modification that includes some meat intake on a semi-regular basis to be unusual. I just don't see any significantly logical arguments for being a vegetarian or vegan myself.

I don't think down on those who do choose to be vegetarian or vegan though. I just don't understand it and don't choose to be that way myself. I don't believe it's impossible to correct one's diet and avoid having too much meat anyways. Meat need not be in every meal. I can go as long as a week without meat provided that there's sufficient nutrition substituted for it, although I personally prefer having at least one meal a day featuring some meat in some way; even if I opt for no meat at any other meal in the day.

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
Years
  • Age 34
  • Iowa
  • Seen Oct 26, 2021
I don't eat a ton of meat but I don't think it's something I could completely cut out of my diet. Usually if I have a meal with meat it's something chicken-based. My mom cooked a lot of chicken meals when I was growing up so it's my meat of preference. I've been pretty turned off by ground beef over various things I've learned about the food industry over the last few years, but I still have my occasional cheeseburger from fast food restaurants.

Back