• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

FIQ

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2022
It's not in my key items bag, nor are the White, Yellow, Blue flutes. The Red Flute is supposed to be obtained from Axel right? Because Axel isnt my rival anymore (17 badges atm, finished special HQ)
If I'm wrong could anyone please tell me where to get the Red Flute?

The flutes are indeed in the normal bag. If you sold your red flute, you're kinda screwed. There used to be a glitch that allowed you to get any item but key items which you could have abused, but that bug is fixed now...

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I just encountered an odd glitch. Right before the Rival battle, he ran up as usual, but then paused for a second, and then it said something about "This is to prevent a freeze in a NPC without a script" Then I pressed A on him then he ran IN the trees. So, I did edit the game with YAPE, but I've done it before and didn't experience this weird glitch. This is also the second time I played this version and the last time it didn't do this. Oh and I'm not using any codes at all... The game is fine now, but I hope it doesn't do this again, because next time I might be unlucky and it might stop the game from progressing.

Years
Okay well can you tell me HOW I can get them? And I've checked the pokemon location list and it doesn't look like all up to gen 3 are available, unless I'm reading it wrong.
Well one Johto starter is where you choose when you start the hack. Let's say you choose Cyndaquil. Totodile is given to you by an old man in Dark Cave. Through the entrance of Blackthorn city. Chikorita is given to you by an NPC inside Tohjo falls (In the area where you find a Moon Stone)

Cool...have you considered writing up a guide to finding the eligible species that don't normally appear in FireRed, in your hack? I'd like to cross a few favorites off my to-catch list, if you could please give some hints. :)
Check my answer I just made above for your question too. ;)

Last edited:

kensarcher

Hack Addict
Years
i already have 18 badges all in all but oak didnt gave me anything.. he just usually check my pokedex and saying "i'll give you itemfinder", and how to get to orange island and where can i find the yellow flute?

FIQ

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2022
I just encountered an odd glitch. Right before the Rival battle, he ran up as usual, but then paused for a second, and then it said something about "This is to prevent a freeze in a NPC without a script" Then I pressed A on him then he ran IN the trees. So, I did edit the game with YAPE, but I've done it before and didn't experience this weird glitch. This is also the second time I played this version and the last time it didn't do this. Oh and I'm not using any codes at all... The game is fine now, but I hope it doesn't do this again, because next time I might be unlucky and it might stop the game from progressing.

Don't edit the game with YAPE, it does weird stuff to the game.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2024
I started playing this hack in NO$GBA, as the version of VBA necessary for the time/day effects isn't available for MacOSX. It's been working fine, until this morning.

The game itself still plays normally, but attempting to check a Pokemon's summary through the menu causes the screen to go black, like it's transitioning normally, but not come back up. The background music continues to play normally, but pressing B or any of the other buttons appears to do nothing (no beeping when you press it, etc).

Has anyone encountered anything similar? I don't know if this is an issue with the game or the emulator.

Edit: This also occurs when a Pokemon learns a new move and has to forget an older one.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 19, 2016
I meant the goldenrod mart -_- 5f
Nope. Only certain types can learn that one. A move tutor will teach it no matter what.

Anyone know if and/or where there is a move tutor that teaches thunder punch is at? Trying to get my Blaziken to learn it.

Years
  • Seen Mar 21, 2013
Nope. Only certain types can learn that one. A move tutor will teach it no matter what.

Anyone know if and/or where there is a move tutor that teaches thunder punch is at? Trying to get my Blaziken to learn it.

There are no move tutors in this game that teach a move which is available through TM's. Just like in any pokemon game.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 19, 2016
I do not see any Gen 3 move tutor in that list that teaches a move which is also available through TM in the same generation.

That isn't what a move tutor is. It is supposed to teach moves to a pokemon that it cannot normally learn from breeding, on it's own, or from a TM/HM. For example, Combusken cannot learn Thunderpunch from a TM, but a move tutor will be able to teach it Thunderpunch.

I just found out that in pokemon crystal, after you get into the hall of fame an old fella appears in the game corner at Goldenrod city. One of the moves it teaches to your pokemon is thunderpunch. Since this is a direct remake of Crystal he should appear after the league. Part of me hoped he would be there anyway since the people that are supposed to show up on certain days and pokemon that appear at certain times of days show up anytime. I was hoping he would be in the same case. Sadly he was not. So I'll have to wait.

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
Is there a good place to get a Ground, Electric, or Fighting-type near Violet City? When Falkner defeated me recently, most of my team was weak to Flying moves. (I know about the boy who wants to trade a Bellspout for an Onix, but Bellsprout themselves are pretty hard to find in this hack.)

On a related note: Are there any trainers on Route 30 worth fighting after Zane is defeated? If the rest of my team (besides a 13th level Chikorita) is going to stand a chance in Falkner's Gym, they need more practice.

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2013
Greetings, big fan.
I've been playing this hack for a while now. [Just beaten the Elite Four]
Before I actually travel to Kanto, I've decided to find as many secrets from Johto as possible.
I'm currently in Outskirt Island. But here's the problem:
I found all the necessary [Red, Blue and Yellow] flutes, and I solved all Ruins of Alph puzzles. But when I return to the island, nothing happens. Am I missing anything? Any other places I need to go to? Any items I require?
Help would be appreciated.

Years
Wrong. Read this to find out more on move tutors (link)

Are you just like determined to be right? I don't think I've ever heard of a move tutor teaching thunderpunch. Why would they when you can buy it? I've played every pokemon game there is. Every. Single. One. Not only can you buy thunderpunch, but you can ALSO find it in silph co when you get to kanto!

Is there a good place to get a Ground, Electric, or Fighting-type near Violet City? When Falkner defeated me recently, most of my team was weak to Flying moves. (I know about the boy who wants to trade a Bellspout for an Onix, but Bellsprout themselves are pretty hard to find in this hack.)

On a related note: Are there any trainers on Route 30 worth fighting after Zane is defeated? If the rest of my team (besides a 13th level Chikorita) is going to stand a chance in Falkner's Gym, they need more practice.

Bellsprout can easily be found right outside the entrance that you used to enter violet city. My advice to you when it comes to training is to take your pokemon into dark cave. Two reasons. 1) there's no hail or rain to drag your battles on and 2) you get a hell of a lot of hp for defeating them.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 19, 2016
Are you just like determined to be right? I don't think I've ever heard of a move tutor teaching thunderpunch. Why would they when you can buy it? I've played every pokemon game there is. Every. Single. One. Not only can you buy thunderpunch, but you can ALSO find it in silph co when you get to kanto!

..wow..did you even go to the link I posted? It has nothing to do with "wanting to be right". Read the link I posted. Move tutors teach moves that pokemon cannot learn through a tm or otherwise. Blaziken cannot learn Thunderpunch through a Tm. It will not allow it. A Move tutor CAN teach Blaziken Thunder Punch. If you go to my link you would understand this. It really isn't hard to comprehend.

Yes you can buy the thunderpunch TM. But some pokemon just cannot be taught how to use Thunderpunch even with a TM. A Move tutor CAN teach those pokemon to use that move.

Back